Defexpo 2012

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Just watched video about Arjun Mk2... it is a bit disapointment, I expected somewhat deep modernization, but we have only some interior ergonomics changes and upgraded electronics (+ maybe better powerpack installed), but as it seems, nobody payed attention to redesign a turret to eliminate or at least decrease size of known weak zones.

If you have paid attention on earlier articles over Arjun Mk-2 then it was clearly told that the design of Arjun will remain unaltered. And currently, IA doesnt have the design issues with Mk-1. That were some performance issues and night operating capability lacking in Mk-1 with more features tagging it in the category of a modern tank.

And the turret of Arjun is perfect. It doesnt have a sloppy turret doesnt marks it weakness. Never think so. It can withstand multiple hits. And Kanchan is believed even to withstand a APFSDS rounds. So thats perfectly fine.

FMBT will exhibit a completely new design as far as I know.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
saya is this our f insas? this is how our soldiers gonna look?
I dont think so. This model doesnt displays the digital camouflage, mine- protecting boots, knee-elbow protection, no combat glasses, a mapping device tied on the wrist, etc etc. Ya if you talking in terms of BJ and HMS then maybe.

Last edited:

rahulrds1

DRDO- SAW Electronics Nose - A Reliable alternate to sniffer dogs

Use of CW agent in battle field and terrorist activities are matter of concern in India and most other countries. The thread of terrorists using CW agents has also made Reliable detection an important goal.

SAW Electronics Nose is among the most promising technologies available. The sensor size being very small, had held detectors are possible. With minimum detection level of few ppb and quick response time, it can operate uninterrupted with high efficient and at low cost to provide a reliable alternate to sniffer dogs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ezsasa DEFEXPO-2022 Defence & Strategy 1248
H Defexpo 2020 Defence & Strategy 655
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446