Defexpo 2012

jamwal

Country flag
Defence Expo 2012. Armour by Starwire

Star Wire manufactures the following bulletproof vests and helmets along with many defensive products. Following are all made of Kevlar. First helmet looks like German helmets of WW2. The jacket and the armour plate weigh approximately 7 kg and 2 kg respectively.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
That's the upgrades from the last summer. It's not the fully upgraded mark 2.
Mate even the fully operational Mk-2 will look like the same Mk-1 except the new mine plough added in its front and anti-aircraft gun. And maybe you can notice the new sights and AWS thats it. No alternation it its design.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
OMG!!! 7th Generation tactical weapons unleashed.
These were the primary weapons with which people used to fight before the introduction of rifles, and they are not less than Gods for any warrior(including your future soldiers). Ask a Gorkha what his Kukhri means to him. Those were the real soldiers who used to fight with these weapons. Daad deta hun unki himmat ki. With an armor(mostly chain-mail) or body armor weighing not less than 20 kgs, Sheild of 7-8 kg and their primary weapon( a sword or lance I guess not less than 5 kg) with a pure uncomfortable metal helmet. And many other thing they were to fight the enemy face to face! Can you imagine that! It need courage man. Mental as well as physical.

No training is complete without them. A person may be able to fire from a rifle but cant move can perform with a sword. Just go once and pick up a real sword and shield in each of your hands and you`ll feel what I`s talking about.
I love those weapons and always search for them where ever I can get them. I love to practice with them just the basics. Usse zada mere bas ki baat ne h.

I said all this because I thought you were cracking a joke over those weapons and I respect them the most above all. If you were not then dont mind this.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Defence Expo 2012. Armour by Starwire

Star Wire manufactures the following bulletproof vests and helmets along with many defensive products. Following are all made of Kevlar. First helmet looks like German helmets of WW2. The jacket and the armour plate weigh approximately 7 kg and 2 kg respectively.
Out of all the things only the Patka is admirable to me with increased protection from top. Other are useless. That body armor is too heavy.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The girl is holding a G36 Carbine.

The AK is a AK-102 assault rifle(Carbine).

That does looks like a. X95
OMG... there is a WMD among the weapons.You can't desplay WMD's like these in open.
:lol:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Just Got from Defexpo..
Took some 1043 pictures..

Some things noted:

1. Israeli and TATA were very rude..
2. Russians were very nice to very irritating visitors.
3. Japanese, American and ARDE/DRDO/OFB were very nice and helpful.
4. Missed hall number 18 and 14.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Indian SM Group and RAFAEL JV on Bullet proof Plates and Helmets..

The Company is specialized in making BP plates and Helmets of Boron Carbide..

This is the vest they showed, though its not very impressive just regular vest already used in Indian armed forces.

amitkriit

Just Got from Defexpo..
Took some 1043 pictures..

Some things noted:

1. Israeli and TATA were very rude..
2. Russians were very nice to very irritating visitors.
3. Japanese, American and ARDE/DRDO/OFB were very nice and helpful.
4. Missed hall number 18 and 14.
Ask sayareakd about that DRDO girl we met.

methos

Country flag
Boron carbide is expensive. Most armours both for vehicles and for infantry use Aluminium-oxide or silicium carbide.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ezsasa DEFEXPO-2022 Defence & Strategy 1248
H Defexpo 2020 Defence & Strategy 655
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446