Chinese Culture and Society Megathread

Abdus Salem killed

SexyChineseLady

I believe Thier is something to be learned from this animation is a great way of expanding your culture and ideology towards the world

Everybody in the world has some idea of. Dragon Ball z now the main character of that series was inspired by the monkey king or sun wukong

India has a predecessor similarity etc of sun wukong Hanuman how many people in the world know about Hanuman
Religion and ideology can be spread by this

Porkies call us Hanuman while mocking us while not knowing even Thier master china has a Hanuman
We should develop and create our own animated series on the world stage it will give our people money and jobs and talent as well as a way to spread our religion and culture
Where many people have misconceptions
Yes, Sun Wukong is our Hanuman and one pf Chinese mythology's greatest heros!

He fought the other gods in the Army of Heaven single-handedly!

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
Only good animated movie of Indian religion and mythology is this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramayana:_The_Legend_of_Prince_Ramaand it was mostly created by japan we really need to step up
There was one on Arjuna.

And here's another short film on Meghnad

Then there this old movie on Hanuman.

It's very dated but remember that it was made by a very nacsent animation industry and also 16 years old.

There have been some dhimmi movies in the meanwhile which I'm ignoring. Their animation quality wasn't great either.

It's not like we don't have capable animators.
Plenty of indian animators get hired by Hollywood on contract.

Chinese, like Koreans also built and matured their animation talent with the help of japanese anime contracts.

Watch this vjde by accented cinema to understand the story of Chinese animation.

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
Chinese animation's arrival couldn't have been better timed.

American story telling is on complete decline and retreat across all platforms, be it film making, animation, or comic books.

There are single japanese mangas that are outselling entire American comic book industry right now.

Americans have no one else to blame but themselves as they keep injecting agendas into their art.
Agendas which rest of world does not care about.

And American respose to this is stuff like "I am not Starfire" which was extremely repulsive.

Let's see how far Chinese animation eats into areas dominated by American animations.
They'll face stiff competition with anime though.

I do hope we indians develop a unique style based on our paintings and sculptures etc and not copy East Asian styles of animation.

As some have tried to do like here:

Abdus Salem killed

There was one on Arjuna.

And here's another short film on Meghnad

Then there this old movie on Hanuman.

It's very dated but remember that it was made by a very nacsent animation industry and also 16 years old.

There have been some dhimmi movies in the meanwhile which I'm ignoring. Their animation quality wasn't great either.

It's not like we don't have capable animators.
Plenty of indian animators get hired by Hollywood on contract.

Chinese, like Koreans also built and matured their animation talent with the help of japanese anime contracts.

Watch this vjde by accented cinema to understand the story of Chinese animation.

I have watched all of them I have a pretty good understanding of animation of the world yes we have talent yes we have history and culture yes we have people passionate about this but no one wants to work from India all of them want to go to Hollywood Thier is no good animation company in India like Japan has studio madhouse crunchyroll etc

I have watched all those movies you mentioned none of them are world standard the Hanuman movie from 2005 comes close why can't some make a good animated movie on Karna that's world class like see the animation of lucky dragon we need to have better CGI and a better team no excuses

Japan has a booming entertainment industry they use our gods concepts etc in Thier anime while our own people don't its cultural appropriation of sorts but worse
we are loosing money and our concepts I really hope Indian government learns from China and makes a separate company like DD animation etc for our betterment we need to spread our ideology

Last edited:

Abdus Salem killed

Chinese animation's arrival couldn't have been better timed.

American story telling is on complete decline and retreat across all platforms, be it film making, animation, or comic books.

There are single japanese mangas that are outselling entire American comic book industry.

Americans have no one else to blame but themselves as they keep injecting agendas into their art.
Agendas which rest of world does not care about.

Let's see how far Chinese animation eats into areas dominated by American animations.
Thyell face stiff competition with anime though.

I do hope we indians develop a unique style based on our paintings and sculptures etc and not copy East Asian styles of animation.

As some have tried to do like here:

There are single japanese mangas that are outselling entire American comic book industry

Demon slayer is the manga

American story is on decline due to feminism and LGBT now you can't make anything without it being offensive while Japan has no such problem
It is literally a gold mine and china has struck it first even better BCS it spreads our ideologies
I hope we can also get Thier quickly

Heck even turkroaches have a game called

Mountain and blade bannerlord wtf are we doing
I hope more Indian mythology games were made Thier is one Video game
Raji: An Ancient Epic
But it's not getting that much traction

SexyChineseLady

I have watched all of them I have a pretty good understanding of animation of the world yes we have talent yes we have history and culture yes we have people passionate about this but no one wants to work from India all of them want to go to Hollywood Thier is no good animation company in India like Japan has studio madhouse crunchyroll etc

I have watched all those movies you mentioned none of them are world standard the Hanuman movie from 2005 comes close why can't some make a good animated movie on Karna that's world class like see the animation of lucky dragon we need to have better CGI and a better team no excuses

Japan has a booming entertainment industry they use our gods concepts etc in Thier anime while our own people don't its cultural appropriation of sorts but we are loosing money I really hope Indian government learns from China and makes a separate company like DD animation etc for our betterment we need to spread our ideology
I hope to see India art reflected in animation! Not just the computer-generated ones but also traditional drawn animation which I think can reflect cultural mood and feel that computers some times can't.

Donghua has a lot of both CGI and traditional animated series:

Abdus Salem killed

I hope to see India art reflected in animation! Not just the computer-generated ones but also traditional drawn animation which I think can reflect cultural mood and feel that computers some times can't.

Donghua has a lot of both CGI and traditional animated series:

The second one is mostly CGI the first one is good with dynamic colours

SexyChineseLady

The second one is mostly CGI the first one is good with dynamic colours
The second one used CGI mainly for background. It actually began as a hand drawn cartoon series by one person on Chinese social media and became a viral hit that investors gave him a team for the movie!

I love the hand drawn stuff! Though I like the new computer generated stuff too.

Jiang Ziya was highly acclaimed in China as a CGI movie but the 2D drawn beginning of the movie really set the traditional stage for the rest of the film:

The posters incorporated the drawing style from the first five minutes of the film and I think they resonates more strongly than the CGI.

003A28D2-5A35-460B-9E42-070BFD7C61A9.jpeg

239D336A-D1E4-4CFF-9F93-79DE79B6805A.jpeg

ADFEB0B9-C3C8-402C-BE85-D2852B0F4EA1.jpeg

Last edited:

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
American story is on decline due to feminism and LGBT now you can't make anything without it being offensive while Japan has no such problem
It is literally a gold mine and china has struck it first even better BCS it spreads our ideologies
I hope we can also get Thier quickly
No I disagree.

The issue is not about inclusion of lgbt themes.
The problem is that Americans do so without any humor and in a very preachy self righteous manner and force it into every movie and genre where it doesn't make any difference.

Japanese manga and comics also have such themes but they include them with humor or they create seprate genres for them like yaoi/yuri/futa etc.
So they maintain existing crowd while opening new niches.

I am curious to know how the Chinese will deal with these issues.

Abdus Salem killed

No I disagree.

The issue is not about inclusion of lgbt themes.
The problem is that Americans do so without any humor and in a very preachy self righteous manner and force it into every movie and genre where it doesn't make any difference.

Japanese manga and comics also have such themes but they include them with humor or they create seprate genres for them like yaoi/yuri/futa etc.
So they maintain existing crowd while opening new niches.

I am curious to know how the Chinese will deal with these issues.
Nah no they are forcing LGBT on peoplel
Let's agree to disagree

Abdus Salem killed

The second one used CGI mainly for background. It actually began as a hand drawn cartoon series by one person on Chinese social media and became a viral hit that investors gave him a team for the movie!

I love the hand drawn stuff! Though I like the new computer generated stuff too.

Jiang Ziya was highly acclaimed in China as a CGI movie but the 2D drawn beginning of the movie really set the traditional stage for the rest of the film:

The posters incorporated the drawing style from the first five minutes of the film and I think they resonates more strongly than the CGI.

View attachment 104415
View attachment 104414

View attachment 104416
Nah the secondary one uses block animation the main character is amde up of multiple block sprites that can be changed

SexyChineseLady

Nah the secondary one uses block animation the main character is amde up of multiple block sprites that can be changed

Okay, I think you know more about this than I do. But I do know that the initial series was hand-drawn by one person. They probably changed things up for production though I really liked the movie version because it felt drawn!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles