China's biggest future navy base-Sanya

nimo_cn

Country flag
Son, son, son, you don't need to get your panties in a twist.

Hainan is "dirt-poor" (the word is not "dirty-poor") in relation to other Chinese provinces.
It is my fault and thank you for correcting my English.
I will express my gratitude to anyone who have done that. That really helps me a lot.

The population of Orissa is 35 million. The comparison was made, because just as Hainan has a poor provincial GDP in relation to other Chinese states, so too does Orissa have a poor GDP in comparison to other Indian states.
I believe it is not the provincial GDP that determines if the province is "dirt poor", but the GDP per capita.

No, I've never been to Hainan. I bet you've never been to Orissa.
Yes, you are right, i have never been to Orissa, neither have i been to India.
That is why i have never used words such as "dirt poor" to describe any place of India, and that is the very difference between you and me.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
China's poorest provinces are in the middle west or soutwest of China. Get your fact straight first.
I said "one of the poorest provinces", which indeed it is. Get your English straight first.

Last edited:

tharikiran

Country flag
No, I've never been to Hainan. I bet you've never been to Orissa.

I have stayed in Orissa for 13 years of my life. There is nothing poor about it except some districts.
During the 80's and early 90's some of its districts were heavily industrialized.

Ever heard of a place called Talcher? It's in the Dhenkanal district. It was among the top 10 most polluted places in the world.
It had every kind of plant there... from Heavy water plant, to Fertilizer plant(FCI), to Aluminium plant (NALCO)
to thermal Plant (NTPC). There are many defence establishments in Orissa. Sukhoi parts get built there.

Every kind of strategically important investment has been made in Orissa.

PS: I have stayed in Talcher for 5 years.

Rage

DFI TEAM
It is my fault and thank you for correcting my English.
I will express my gratitude to anyone who have done that. That really helps me a lot.
You're always welcome.

I believe it is not the provincial GDP that determines if the province is "dirt poor", but the GDP per capita.

Yes, you are right, i have never been to Orissa, neither have i been to India.
That is why i have never used words such as "dirt poor" to describe any place of India, and that is the very difference between you and me.

My apologies if I offended your 'sentiments'. But if you take offense so easily, might I suggest this forum is not the right place for you. On this forum, we generally wear our thick skins, and talk hard facts and figures without recourse to actions like emotion and the mundane. I made it clear at the outset that the comparison was purely in relation to other Chinese provinces, just as the comparison between the GDP's of Orissa and other Indian states was.

Orissa is indeed 'dirt poor' compared to other Indian states. Much of that despondency owes itself to being one of the 'Maoist-infected' states, alongwith Chhatisgarh, West Bengal and Jharkhand. Although, because of its low base, it has recently been growing higher than the national average.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles