China seething after India issues visa to Uyghur freedom fighters

Syama Ayas

Country flag
How is this a tight slap or even a slap in China's face? China is P5 member with veto power. She can slap you hard anytime she wishes to. All you can do is damage control for domestic consumption. Hosting terrorists isn't going to give you anything but more pain in the arse as the adversary will hit hard when and where it counts the most.
Yes, very true

Chinese VETO power certainly slapped India very hard in 1971 :biggrin2:

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
India has declined to reaffirm One China Policy since 2010. We need to bring the battle closer to China's neighbourhood, that is the only way of stopping Chinese intrusion in our Area of Influence. But we need to be careful with our dealings with Vietnam and secure ourselves from any double game.

Like all dictatorships, China is a fragile regime which depends on limiting the civil rights and access to information for survival. It is very easy to flame dissent in China. Chinese people already enjoy good enough living standard (financially) time has arrived for them to start demanding their democratic rights.
That is alright and even our Sarkari strategists are aware of. But can India afford to bait both Pak & China at the same time ?

Levina

A feminist who is a Doval fan
Country flag
  • Sutirtho Patranobis, Hindustan Times, Beijing
    |
  • Updated: Apr 22, 2016 11:14 IST

China is angered over India’s decision to issue a visa to Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, who Beijing has branded a terrorist. (Photo Courtesy: Dolkun Isa’s Twitter handle)
China: Exiled Uyghurs demand probe into 2009 ethnic riots

Exiled Uyghur activists say the violence is result of Beijing’s hardline policies and a reaction against the government’s efforts to subsume the unique local culture.

The venue for the conference Dharamsala, of course, is the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile where between April 28 and May 1, exiled Chinese activists from across the world will gather to discuss democratic transition in China.

The Dharamsala-based Tibetan spiritual leader, Dalai Lama, labelled a “separatist” and “wolf in sheep’s clothing” by China is also expected to address the gathering.

The controversy comes at a time when India has been repeatedly raised the issue of China blocking New Delhi’s move to sanction Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar at the UN.

Read :‘Policies in Xinjiang brutal, cause trauma among Uyghurs’

This new issue coupled with the question over Masood Azhar doesn’t particularly make smooth the path for Indian President Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to China in late May.

Beijing’s brief reaction to the conference was couched in diplomatic language but reflected their anger.

“Dolkun Isa is a terrorist on red notice of Interpol and the Chinese police. Bringing him to justice is a due obligation of relevant countries,” China’s ministry of foreign affairs told HT in an emailed response late on Thursday.

He is accused of terrorism and bombing and was granted asylum in Germany in the late 1990s.

The conference is being organised by the US-based “Citizen Power for China” led by Yang Jianli, who was involved in the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests.

On his part, the exiled Uyghur, Munich-based Dolkun Isa confirmed to HT over email that he has received an electronic visa from India and is looking forward to his first visit to the country.

“Yes, I am invited one of the conference in Dharamsala which will be held between 28 April and May 1. I am planning to go, so i have got the electronic visa for India,” he told HT.

“I really want to visit India because I have never been India,” he said, adding: “India is one of my dream courtiers to visit”.

Dolkun said India and East Turkistan – which is the historical name of the country that China says separatist Uyghurs from Xinjiang are fighting for – had good relations.

“I would like to enjoy India’s culture. East Turkistan and India had a long and very good relationship in the history. Uyghurs love India’s people,” he said.

Talking about India and China, Dolkun said: “India is the world’s largest democratic nation and second big population after China. But China is still under totalitarian rule. India has the responsibility to teach democracy to China”.

About problems in visiting other countries because of the Interpol notice against him, he said he has to be careful with his travel plans.

“The Chinese government has made me an accused with Interpol and my name is on Red (corner) notice. Because of this, I have faced troubles in some countries’ immigration. I was detained at the border of some countries. I have to be careful about travelling except in the European Union,” he said.

World Uyghur Congress, spokesperson, Dilxat Raxit told HT that he hoped that the Indian government was following the situation of Uyghurs in Xinjiang and voices its solidarity with their fight for justice.

@Srinivas_K @Neytiri @HariPrasad-1 @raja696 @ezsasa @AbRaj
@aliyah @garg_bharat
Modi Govt keeping up its standards of quick and decisive action.
:balleballe:
Finally!!!
India decides to give a befitting reply to China's irresponsible veto. Time for some tit-tat and fireworks (on diplomatic level).
The government China and military of Pakistan are too immature to understand India's subtle responses to their hostility and belegerent attitude.
I say it's time India dug up Tibetan issue in China...Ofcourse covertly! Lolz

Thanks for the tag @Syama Ayas :)

I_PLAY_BAD

How is this a tight slap or even a slap in China's face? China is P5 member with veto power. She can slap you hard anytime she wishes to. All you can do is damage control for domestic consumption. Hosting terrorists isn't going to give you anything but more pain in the arse as the adversary will hit hard when and where it counts the most.
Of course this is a tight slap on China's face and butt. Just read some news about how your master is butt-hurt.

China is the one with veto power, not Porkistan. Just don't cum hard for your master's deeds Mr. Slave.
Permanent seat to India, Japan, Germany et al is a situational compulsion. If that is not allowed then UN 'will' become irrelevant one day. Already UN is divided because of the Islamic terrorism.

raja696

there are better also far more intellectually aware people that come and interact with India due to its reasonable attraction compare to the people that are attending a event that has fingerprints from all over the place. many come periodically and not due to invitations and even promotion. many come to rejuvenate and even gain knowledge and learning. we must not be used for sinister transaction work but on truth and reason and reality. if having a statement like this is joy it must be with humbleness because india has been pricked by north east many a times. for long india has not invested and developed a counter and i have said many a times it is not a weakness but allocation and choice and our ability is not suspect.

it is better to cultivate such and develop intellect that is independent and aligned. india is not a simple but advanced history and teachings and teacher of many. that opportunities that india has is reasonable and significant and it is not simple to think that it is without deserving justification. i am wishing the message from all this is the nature and structure of india and its advanced history and teachings and teacher of many and not against a particular anyone (at this point).

if the scope is to alleviate the aggression from the north east by reversing it with non-violence political movement from west that is fine. but our non-violence and many non-violence and critical non-violence in recent times had a foundation and underbelly of self-respect and people that said that such a message is not a weakness but a choice clothed in strength and the call to arms is there but not used in majority. the call to arms many times is the start but a transition into non-violence happens because of choice but not because of necessity. the call-to-arms is the identity. the call-to-arms requires the link to form and a strength of message. the identity is easy to develop but understanding and getting majority to comprehend non-violence and movement of satyagraha is difficult and not many can follow. the recognition of this non-violence satyagraha development requires intellect and perseverance and intuition. not many have it and understand it and it will be difficult to find it in north east and also within a military state. but there are avenues and the guru has to be wise. it cannot be rush and assumed all will understand but it must be seen from a prism of truth and reason and reality. the non-violence satyagraha needs to be compulsory and mandatory and documentary. the energy that india uses in certain theaters needs to be replicated and magnified. because it is a fact that india ratio is that it always goes with the good and truth over evil.
Sir thats a very well taught idealism. Our strength in peaceful spirit has exceeded much beyond our capabilities to handle. This naive behaviour made us look like we are stronger but cant make eye contact like a kid between equals. World knows we are good so we don't need to prove bunch of crazies that we are not crazy. Its time to teach bully a lesson before we talk of peaceful truce.

AnantS

Country flag
Do you know what Indians are called in China and Pakistan ? Just stop playing matured-mother. Small-eyes is too mild a name given the fact how the Porkis and chinkis call Indians.
So? Use smarter comeback for them. If they like to play in gutter, does not mean you too should jump into the same. I am sure any comments on "Rice eating Dark" racist SInhalese , would not only be offensive to Lankans but Indians(North - South both ) too. Right?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Good reply by India.

India should hold more meetings inviting Baloch,Sindhi and Afgans etc more often.

btw where are the Chinese cheerleaders? :basanti:

Blackwater

Looks like u seems to have pain in ur arse[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Neo

Many Indians may find the comments about Physical features offensive, it may even be unlawful. Better refrain. We don't need to stoop to Chinese or Paki level of discourse to prove a point or two.
What Chinese or Pakistani level? This IS YOUR level and it couldn't get worse. Your own trolls have hijacked the forum for quite some time and a sane debate is impossible with them trolling in each and every thread.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
  • Sutirtho Patranobis, Hindustan Times, Beijing
    |
  • Updated: Apr 22, 2016 11:14 IST

China is angered over India’s decision to issue a visa to Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, who Beijing has branded a terrorist. (Photo Courtesy: Dolkun Isa’s Twitter handle)
China: Exiled Uyghurs demand probe into 2009 ethnic riots

Exiled Uyghur activists say the violence is result of Beijing’s hardline policies and a reaction against the government’s efforts to subsume the unique local culture.

The venue for the conference Dharamsala, of course, is the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile where between April 28 and May 1, exiled Chinese activists from across the world will gather to discuss democratic transition in China.

The Dharamsala-based Tibetan spiritual leader, Dalai Lama, labelled a “separatist” and “wolf in sheep’s clothing” by China is also expected to address the gathering.

The controversy comes at a time when India has been repeatedly raised the issue of China blocking New Delhi’s move to sanction Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Masood Azhar at the UN.

Read :‘Policies in Xinjiang brutal, cause trauma among Uyghurs’

This new issue coupled with the question over Masood Azhar doesn’t particularly make smooth the path for Indian President Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to China in late May.

Beijing’s brief reaction to the conference was couched in diplomatic language but reflected their anger.

“Dolkun Isa is a terrorist on red notice of Interpol and the Chinese police. Bringing him to justice is a due obligation of relevant countries,” China’s ministry of foreign affairs told HT in an emailed response late on Thursday.

He is accused of terrorism and bombing and was granted asylum in Germany in the late 1990s.

The conference is being organised by the US-based “Citizen Power for China” led by Yang Jianli, who was involved in the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests.

On his part, the exiled Uyghur, Munich-based Dolkun Isa confirmed to HT over email that he has received an electronic visa from India and is looking forward to his first visit to the country.

“Yes, I am invited one of the conference in Dharamsala which will be held between 28 April and May 1. I am planning to go, so i have got the electronic visa for India,” he told HT.

“I really want to visit India because I have never been India,” he said, adding: “India is one of my dream courtiers to visit”.

Dolkun said India and East Turkistan – which is the historical name of the country that China says separatist Uyghurs from Xinjiang are fighting for – had good relations.

“I would like to enjoy India’s culture. East Turkistan and India had a long and very good relationship in the history. Uyghurs love India’s people,” he said.

Talking about India and China, Dolkun said: “India is the world’s largest democratic nation and second big population after China. But China is still under totalitarian rule. India has the responsibility to teach democracy to China”.

About problems in visiting other countries because of the Interpol notice against him, he said he has to be careful with his travel plans.

“The Chinese government has made me an accused with Interpol and my name is on Red (corner) notice. Because of this, I have faced troubles in some countries’ immigration. I was detained at the border of some countries. I have to be careful about travelling except in the European Union,” he said.

World Uyghur Congress, spokesperson, Dilxat Raxit told HT that he hoped that the Indian government was following the situation of Uyghurs in Xinjiang and voices its solidarity with their fight for justice.

@Srinivas_K @Neytiri @HariPrasad-1 @raja696 @ezsasa @AbRaj
@aliyah @garg_bharat
Modi Govt keeping up its standards of quick and decisive action.
:balleballe:
Why China cannot take up the issue with Germany? I guess they dot not have balls to jeopardize their lucrative trade with EU. If red alert is issued why doesn't Germany hand him over to China? China should stop fuming and create democratic process to take hold sooner than later.

fooLIam

Blackwater

bose

Country flag
A bad decision by GOI ... this type of flip flops are going to hurt you !!

China is not the case for carrot and stick policy ... Has there been any indication of Chinese back down on supporting Pakistani sponsored terrorism ?

DingDong

Country flag
What Chinese or Pakistani level? This IS YOUR level and it couldn't get worse. Your own trolls have hijacked the forum for quite some time and a sane debate is impossible with them trolling in each and every thread.
It is almost impossible to have sane discussion with Madarassa bred walking talking suicide bombers from Al-Bakistan. MY message was for my fellow Indian member, not for you.

fooLIam

A bad decision by GOI ... this type of flip flops are going to hurt you !!

China is not the case for carrot and stick policy ... Has there been any indication of Chinese back down on supporting Pakistani sponsored terrorism ?
they could have done this silently instead of advertising.
next time
news: GOI issued visa to "terrorist" :rofl:
world and"terrorist": yeah,whatever :tea:

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
they could have done this silently instead of advertising.
next time
news: GOI issued visa to "terrorist" :rofl:
world and"terrorist": yeah,whatever :tea:
Well said.

There will still be people who will be equating it with some Chanakyan move but this flip flop doesn't exude the confidence of a regional power, leave alone world power. It's actually a propaganda victory for China if it can pressurize India to back down on its decisions. If we undertake a bold policy position, it is important to see it through. There was no need to negotiate with China over this issue, even if it meant non-co-operation over the Masood Azar issue. We should have let them feel the burn so that next time China remembers that India doesn't negotiate once it gets pissed off. THAT would have acted as a deterrence for next time China thinks of antagonizing India. Behaving too rational implies that we are just policy sluts who are ALWAYS amenable to policy change in exchange for something and have no moral conviction about our own policies.

Unfortunately we are doing the same with Balochistan. We invite their speakers to India just to send a signal, nothing concrete ever happens. This makes us look stupid.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Stupid decision. I only hope that GOI has convinced China to vote against azhar next time and that's why GOI has revoked the visa. If not, I'm deeply disappointed.

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Modi is not serious about either Pakistan or China. It seems the 2002 we hold him dear for was more a fluke than anything else.
Time to put Rajnath in PM post. Is this the BJP which conducted Pokhran 1998?

Global Defence

Articles