Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back

A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he found a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do.

It took just 48 hours to find out: The device was real, the student was being secretly tracked and the FBI wanted its expensive device back, the student told Wired.com in an interview Wednesday.

The answer came when half-a-dozen FBI agents and police officers appeared at Yasir Afifi's apartment complex in Santa Clara, California, on Tuesday demanding he return the device.

Afifi, a 20-year-old U.S.-born citizen, cooperated willingly and said he'd done nothing to merit attention from authorities. Comments the agents made during their visit suggested he'd been under FBI surveillance for three to six months.

An FBI spokesman wouldn't acknowledge that the device belonged to the agency or that agents appeared at Afifi's house.

Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back | Threat Level | Wired.com

:happy_2::happy_2::emot15::emot15:
Read More Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back | Threat Level | Wired.com

Rebelkid

The student should have broken that thing into a million pieces....

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
he did it even better posted the pics................:emot112::emot15:

just imagine now FBI want there toy back..................................:emot15:

we tried to spy on you with our toy and you found out now we want our toy back...............:emot15:

plugwater

Why is the GPS device is so big ?

If they want to use it for secret tracking they should have built it smaller.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

it was put in car, plus you dont want to put your top toy for something like spying the student. he is not that high profile, therefore use the stuff available in market. But since it is found they are want it back for there audit purpose.

ahmedsid

Top Gun

There are smaller devices but when used on a massive scale on a lot of people, they cant afford to put that up I guess. I am sure they were just doing routine snooping on this Kid based on his roots. They were just trying their luck to see if he is a terrorist. If they get lucky, they catch a terrorist, if not, pics all over Facebook! Not a bad bargain actually!

Now, if it was Indian Cops who fumbled, we will be telling how dumb they are etc, with this we must understand, every security agency fumbles, especially the American! :)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
can anyone tell me what is the second large device ??? battery ???

plugwater

it was put in car, plus you dont want to put your top toy for something like spying the student. he is not that high profile, therefore use the stuff available in market. But since it is found they are want it back for there audit purpose.
I agree with the part that they don't want to use their top toy but look now this has become an embarrassment for FBI, also most of the car in US have inbuilt GPS system so its easy for FBI to track car there. If they are using this huge devices means they might as well as label it something like 'FBI tracking device' on it :p

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
He should sue them for invasion of privacy.

plugwater

There are smaller devices but when used on a massive scale on a lot of people, they cant afford to put that up I guess. I am sure they were just doing routine snooping on this Kid based on his roots. They were just trying their luck to see if he is a terrorist. If they get lucky, they catch a terrorist, if not, pics all over Facebook! Not a bad bargain actually!

Now, if it was Indian Cops who fumbled, we will be telling how dumb they are etc, with this we must understand, every security agency fumbles, especially the American! :)
I don't think they are tracking it randomly. If flags are raised based on threat they will track them. I really doubt its a Random tracking i maybe wrong.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I don't think they are tracking it randomly. If flags are raised based on threat they will track them. I really doubt its a Random tracking i maybe wrong.
We all know it is based on religion! but there are also exceptions.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
they have got such a huge budget that they needs to justify it.......................:emot0:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles