British period of India

Brood Father

Country flag
We do not deep dive into subjects unless it is related to moogle.
Cholas had some of the most prestigious naval history but they do not get more than 10 pages.

This image would be awe inspiring had it been on some books but no all historians want to fondle Mughal ball sack.

Here is one more which I didn't know (fault of our education system)

There was a queen of Garhwal (A small hilly kingdom of Uttarakhand)
Shah Jahan attacked her but he was soundly defeated and as the token of humiliation she cut the nose of every Moogal soldier
From then on she was called Nakkati Rani .

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
British got India from Marathas not Mughals
Well this is fault of our education system

When I visited fort of Edinburgh I was surprised to see how these people see Marathas .
Most battles that prestigious Scottish warriors have fought was against Marathas ..They were in awe of Marathis and their tactical skills
Their most prestigious commander Sir Aurther Wellsley (who defeated Napoleon in battle of Waterloo) claimed Battle of Aasaye against Marathas as his most challenging battle .

Sadly I came to know all about this when I visited England and not in India

View attachment 171546
18th century Maratha infantry was on par with any European infantry, being trained by french mercenaries and armed with European weapons
Same with artillery as well

Panipat number 3 Fked them up though

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag

When I visited fort of Edinburgh I was surprised to see how these people see Marathas .
Most battles that prestigious Scottish warriors have fought was against Marathas ..They were in awe of Marathis and their tactical skills
Their most prestigious commander Sir Aurther Wellsley (who defeated Napoleon in battle of Waterloo) claimed Battle of Aasaye against Marathas as his most challenging battle .

View attachment 171546
Only person in India to soundly defeat Wellesley was Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja, Prince and de facto Ruler of Kottayam, Kerala

Pazhassi Raja Handed his ass to him, Sir Arthur Wellesley volunteerly withdrew from Kottayam and relinquished his command of Britshiters

Mind you, Sir Arthur Wellesley is the same brilliant officer who defeated the Mysorean Hordes under Tipu Sultan

karn

Country flag

View attachment 171546
I got to know all this in the Madras regiment museum. Wellington with thambi soldiers under his command.. considered the battle of assaye his most difficult battle but the "enemy" is never mentioned.
Perhaps it isn't a good look to celebrate a victory over an Indian people.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
I got to know all this in the Madras regiment museum. Wellington with thambi soldiers under his command.. considered the battle of assaye his most difficult battle but the "enemy" is never mentioned.
Perhaps it isn't a good look to celebrate a victory over an Indian people.
Britshiters won over the entire Indian subcontinent with nothing but sheer brilliance and discipline
Credit where it's due

Love Charger

ΰ€šΰ€•ΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€΅ΰ€°ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ₯€
Country flag
18th century Maratha infantry was on par with any European infantry, being trained by french mercenaries and armed with European weapons

deboigne was his surname , the frenchman who trained the marathas

Love Charger

Country flag

Kek , their modernisation happened after Panipat no 3

Love Charger

Country flag
We do not deep dive into subjects unless it is related to moogle.
Cholas had some of the most prestigious naval history but they do not get more than 10 pages.

This image would be awe inspiring had it been on some books but no all historians want to fondle Mughal ball sack.

I wish to see these in real life but see we have European style sail ship , and not these.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Kek , their modernisation happened after Panipat no 3
Ejjectly
Get ass thrashed => modernise
We still stick to this philosophy religiously

Brood Father

Country flag
Britshiters won over the entire Indian subcontinent with nothing but sheer brilliance and discipline
Credit where it's due
Well exactly ..Robert Clive won against Sirajudduala with mere 3000 troops against 30000..Even with betrayal of Mir Jafar Sirajudduala enjoyed numerical superiority and better artillery of french troops ..

Blademaster

Well Wiki says that the British won the battle with basically the size one third of the Maratha forces arrayed against the British. If the Marathas Empire was so big how did the British defeat the Marathas so easily and with far fewer troops than the Marathas?

Blademaster

Credit where it's due
They won the war with only 5k English troops and tens of thousands of mercenaries. The British were smart to use Indian soldiers against Indian soldiers. Not only that, they bribed extensively almost every Indian commanders and used subterfuge to undermine enemy positions.

karn

Country flag
They won the war with only 5k English troops and tens of thousands of mercenaries. The British were smart to use Indian soldiers against Indian soldiers. Not only that, they bribed extensively almost every Indian commanders and used subterfuge to undermine enemy positions.
One theory is that the east india company had mass manufactured rifles so they had the weapons to arm everyone that fought for them.. the Indians on the other hand had a Hodge podge of weapons from Europe.

Love Charger

Country flag
Ejjectly
Get ass thrashed => modernise
We still stick to this philosophy religiously
Well hari, I will disagree with you here with respect to Panipat no 3, because for most of our history we have not even rectified our mistakes.
Pani pat 3 had other reasons than just military tech, remember they were afgandus and not some technologically advnce nation .
Marathas could have very well chewed and spitted them out had they not done following.
1 taking civilians for pilgrimages
2 not having light artillery like zamburks at the place , instead they had heavy pieces
3 not taking the JATS in with them and humiliating them , still jat raja gave shelter to maratha women after the battle .
4) fighting at a retarded time , summers season.
5) the soldiers of marathas were apparently fasting for some reason, I have read this point some wehre , but nothing conclusive can be taken from this point.
Wrong commander.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Well hari, I will disagree with you here with respect to Panipat no 3, because for most of our history we have not even rectified our mistakes.
Pani pat 3 had other reasons than just military tech, remember they were afgandus and not some technologically advnce nation .
Marathas could have very well chewed and spitted them out had they not done following.
2 not having light artillery like zamburks at the place , instead they had heavy pieces
3 not taking the JATS in with them and humiliating them , still jat raja gave shelter to maratha women after the battle .

Wrong commander.
For all his drawbacks, Ragunath Rao was a cunning MoFo
He might have taken aggressive steps
And should've headed the mission to Panipat 3 instead of Sadashiv who was the finance minister
5) the soldiers of marathas were apparently fasting for some reason, I have read this point some wehre , but nothing conclusive can be taken from this point.
Yes, due to the lack of food supplies
They broke their fast in the morning of the battle with sugar water

Ayushraj

Country flag
Wrong commander.
Marathas were defeated in panipat because:
1) no local support from hindu rulers.
2) marathas lacked supplies and on day of battle they were almost starving
3) abdali had numerically superior force in command and he was one of the best generals of that time. During battle of mannupur 1748 even being heavily outnumbered and he was surrounded from all sides he refused to leave battlefield. Night saved him
4) maratha baggage stopped them from conducting lighting raids from which everyone feared
5) no coordination among maratha cavalry and infantry/artillery

Prior to battle marathas chances of wining were bleak but ibrahim khan gardi initial attack almost turned the battle into favor of marathas but abdali won the day because of his strategy and clamness he showed on battlefield when he was losing

Brood Father

Country flag
Well Wiki says that the British won the battle with basically the size one third of the Maratha forces arrayed against the British. If the Marathas Empire was so big how did the British defeat the Marathas so easily and with far fewer troops than the Marathas?
Because British was tactically brilliant ..They also defeated French , Portuguese and Dutch in India along with Indigenous tribes and chiefs..
They produced amazing commanders like
Robert Clive , Warren Hastings and Arthur Wellsely .
You are looking at a generation of commanders who defeated mostly every tribe and civilization they fought against.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
Because British was tactically brilliant ..They also defeated French , Portuguese and Dutch in India along with Indigenous tribes and chiefs..
You are looking at a generation of commanders who defeated mostly every tribe and civilization they fought against.
Indian gunpowder and shipbuilding were the keys. Lets see what curzon had to say in that letter 1901.
britfags.PNG

Blademaster

They lost against the Americans. You didn't see Britain ruling France or Germany or Europe. India had way more people and soldiers than Europe ever did and India did have muskets and cannon technology at that time and yet India lost against the British.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles