Akash Surface-to-air Missile

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
New TOR missile system M2DT carries 16 missiles.
We need to reduce weight and should convert akash missiles system to TOR.

Enquirer

New TOR missile system M2DT carries 16 missiles.
We need to reduce weight and should convert akash missiles system to TOR.
That's an extremely short range missile.
There's no comparison between Akash & Tor!
Agreed that Akash Mk1 is bulky & comes with only 3 per carrier, but Akash Mk2 will probably come in packs of 6 (if not eight)

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
For range is 15km and akash is 25
We can reduce weight and create our own tor system
That's an extremely short range missile.
There's no comparison between Akash & Tor!
Agreed that Akash Mk1 is bulky & comes with only 3 per carrier, but Akash Mk2 will probably come in packs of 6 (if not eight)
Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

uoftotaku

Country flag
Seems like an Army Akash Regiment on move. 10 month old video.

Not certain about one Airforce type trailer. It should be the Radar but the Army version should have been more mobile types.

Akash role is not meant to be mobile but static defense of ground facilities and bases. The missiles are mounted on a vehicle platform yes so that it can be re-positioned easily but the fact that the missiles are not canisterised makes them impractical to use in a mobile context. QR-SAM is being developed to cover the Akash role in mechanized formations in conjunction with the K-30 Biho

Tanmay

Country flag
Akash role is not meant to be mobile but static defense of ground facilities and bases. The missiles are mounted on a vehicle platform yes so that it can be re-positioned easily but the fact that the missiles are not canisterised makes them impractical to use in a mobile context. QR-SAM is being developed to cover the Akash role in mechanized formations in conjunction with the K-30 Biho
I know Akash ain't mobile i.e. fire on move like Pantsir. But army versions are usually on move unlike usually static IAF versions. So they do have high mobility vehicles unlike IAF trailers..
What i meant was usuallly Army Radars are not based on trailers. In video one or two trailers are visible which seem to carry radars. Rest all are high mobility vehicles.

Army Variant. See even both Rohini(3D CAR) and Rajendra(2D) radars are based on non-trailer trucks.

In IAF version, both radar types on trailers. Also missiles on trailers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles