Aftermath of Trump Victory

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If I am right we might be seeing the start of a truly bi-polar world of US and china, starting march 2017.

The number of head of state visits to china seems to have increased, that too tightly packed visits to China this month. Israel and Australia this week alone.

In other words trump might have just given up its pole position to be shared with china.

pmaitra

The Republican's and Trump's effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as ObamaCare, has, as of now, failed. The alternative bill, American Health Care Act, has been pulled from voting in the Congress, because all Republican Congressmen could not agree on it and Democrat Congressmen will not vote for it.

Ryan breaks down problems with Obamacare

Trump on healthcare vote withdrawal: "Obamacare is exploding.”

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
If I am right we might be seeing the start of a truly bi-polar world of US and china, starting march 2017.

The number of head of state visits to china seems to have increased, that too tightly packed visits to China this month. Israel and Australia this week alone.

In other words trump might have just given up its pole position to be shared with china.
Yes, that's what I think so too.

Trump just dumped the TPP; its usefulness is debatable, granted, but it makes the East Asian allies lose confidence.
And he's making nonsense claims that the US protection/occupation provides no benefit to the americans. Well, I'm of the opinion that it forms one of the pillars of American global dominance.

When I think of Trump et al, I am often reminded of the book "The Foundations of Geopolitics: The Geopolitical Future of Russia."
This book was written by a relatively psychotic, racist, pro-xtian, pro-"aryan" Russian "professor" called Aleksandr Dugin ( @pmaitra may remeber from the UKR civil war thread)
The book was written in 1997, twenty years back and apparently this book is being used in Russian military academies.

It is quite insighful of present geopolitics. He has a website "4pt (dot) su"; 4pt stands for "Fourth Poltical Theory" Another book on politics he's authored (Haven't read it) and su of course for Soviet union nostalgia.

Dugin's Idea is an off-shoot of an earlier (milder) Russian idea called "Eurasianism" (See wiki page for details)

I haven't read the entire book just excerpts of it from various websites.

From Wiki

The book declares that "the battle for the world rule of [ethnic] Russians" has not ended and Russia remains "the staging area of a new anti-bourgeois, anti-American revolution." The Eurasian Empire will be constructed "on the fundamental principle of the common enemy: the rejection of Atlanticism, strategic control of the USA, and the refusal to allow liberal values to dominate us."[1]

Military operations play relatively little role. The textbook believes in a sophisticated program of subversion, destabilization, and disinformation spearheaded by the Russian special services. The operations should be assisted by a tough, hard-headed utilization of Russia's gas, oil, and natural resources to bully and pressure other countries.[1]

The book states that "the maximum task [of the future] is the 'Finlandization' of all of Europe".[1] [[EUROPEAN STATES FIGHTING EACH OTHER]]

In Europe:

Germany should be offered the de facto political dominance over most Protestant and Catholic states located within Central and Eastern Europe. Kaliningrad oblast could be given back to Germany. The book uses the term "Moscow-Berlin axis".[1]
France should be encouraged to form a "Franco-German bloc" with Germany. Both countries have a "firm anti-Atlanticist tradition".[1] [[IN PROCESS]]
The United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe.[1] [[DONE]]
Finland should be absorbed into Russia. Southern Finland will be combined with the Republic of Karelia and northern Finland will be "donated to Murmansk Oblast".[1]
Estonia should be given to Germany's sphere of influence.[1]
Latvia and Lithuania should be given a "special status" in the Eurasian-Russian sphere.[1]
Poland should be granted a "special status" in the Eurasian sphere.[1]
Romania, Macedonia, "Serbian Bosnia" and Greece – "orthodox collectivist East" – will unite with "Moscow the Third Rome" and reject the "rational-individualistic West".[1]
Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "“Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.[1] [[PARTIALLY DONE]]

In the Middle East and Central Asia:

The book stresses the "continental Russian-Islamic alliance" which lies "at the foundation of anti-Atlanticist strategy". The alliance is based on the "traditional character of Russian and Islamic civilization".
Iran is a key ally. The book uses the term "Moscow-Tehran axis".[1][[DONE]]
Armenia has a special role: It will serve as a "strategic base," and it is necessary to create "the [subsidiary] axis Moscow-Erevan-Teheran". Armenians "are an Aryan people … [like] the Iranians and the Kurds".[1]
Azerbaijan could be "split up" or given to Iran.[1]
Georgia should be dismembered. Abkhazia and "United Ossetia" (which includes Georgia's South Ossetia) will be incorporated into Russia. Georgia's independent policies are unacceptable.[1] [[DONE]]
Russia needs to create "geopolitical shocks" within Turkey. These can be achieved by employing Kurds, Armenians and other minorities.[1] [[IN PROCESS]]
The book regards the Caucasus as a Russian territory, including "the eastern and northern shores of the Caspian (the territories of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan)" and Central Asia (mentioning Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan).[1] [[IN PROCESS SEE "EURASIAN ECONOMIC UNION"]]

In Asia:

China, which represents a danger to Russia, "must, to the maximum degree possible, be dismantled". Dugin suggests that Russia start by taking Tibet-Xinjiang-Mongolia-Manchuria as a security belt.[2] Russia should offer China help "in a southern direction – Indochina (except Vietnam), the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia" as geopolitical compensation.[1] [[SOUTH CHINA SEA ????]]
Russia should manipulate Japanese politics by offering the Kuril Islands to Japan and provoking anti-Americanism.[1][[IN THE NEWS LATELY; KURIL IS. AND THAT RUSSIA IS READY TO NEGOTIATE ]]
Mongolia should be absorbed into Eurasia-Russia.[1]

The book emphasizes that Russia must spread Anti-Americanism everywhere: "the main 'scapegoat' will be precisely the U.S."

Of particular interest/concern to americans like @Project Dharma would be:
In the United States:

Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1] [[IN PROCESS??]]

The Eurasian Project could be expanded to South and Central America.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

Remember the book was written 20 years back.
:hmm:

Last edited:

dhananjay1

The Trump White House reality show is very entertaining, it would have been too boring with Hillary.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The Trump White House reality show is very entertaining, it would have been too boring with Hillary.
Very True.
With Hillary it would be just continuation of the old-story.
Plus the Love-hate side story with putin.

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yes, that's what I think so too.

Trump just dumped the TPP; its usefulness is debatable, granted, but it makes the East Asian allies lose confidence.
And he's making nonsense claims that the US protection/occupation provides no benefit to the americans. Well, I'm of the opinion that it forms one of the pillars of American global dominance.

When I think of Trump et al, I am often reminded of the book "The Foundations of Geopolitics: The Geopolitical Future of Russia."
This book was written by a relatively psychotic, racist, pro-xtian, pro-"aryan" Russian "professor" called Aleksandr Dugin ( @pmaitra may remeber from the UKR civil war thread)
The book was written in 1997, twenty years back and apparently this book is being used in Russian military academies.

It is quite insighful of present geopolitics. He has a website "4pt (dot) su"; 4pt stands for "Fourth Poltical Theory" Another book on politics he's authored (Haven't read it) and su of course for Soviet union nostalgia.

Dugin's Idea is an off-shoot of an earlier (milder) Russian idea called "Eurasianism" (See wiki page for details)

I haven't read the entire book just excerpts of it from various websites.

From Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

Remember the book was written 20 years back.
:hmm:
That is horse shit my friend. PRC has NO Allies, Strategic Partnerships, Projection Capability (carriers) or Bases around the world. If US and China went to war. China would get it's arse handed to it. If it were a nuclear exchange swarm of Ohio class SSBNs would knock the shoes off the chinks with Trident IIs and that's not even bringing in ICBMS with MIRV.

All these european elites of EU countries are basically butthurt and want some buffer. Merkel gets snubbed, Russia trolls them constantly and they are tethering on the verge of economic and social collapse. If you want a petri dish of where the EU is going look at Sweden.

LOL @ bi polar world.

P.S: We are siphoning off China's manufacturing alongside Trump's Nationalism. In 10 years any leverage they have now is gone. Worry about a Indo-Sino skirmish to distract the audience there than this nonsense neo liberal theory.

FactsPlease

Country flag
The Republican's and Trump's effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as ObamaCare, has, as of now, failed. The alternative bill, American Health Care Act, has been pulled from voting in the Congress, because all Republican Congressmen could not agree on it and Democrat Congressmen will not vote for it.

Ryan breaks down problems with Obamacare

Trump on healthcare vote withdrawal: "Obamacare is exploding.”

Why this 30-character requirement

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
@Project Dharma, welcome back after a hiatus. What is your take on the failed GOP attempt at repealing and replacing ACA? @Razor, please comment too.

Also, both of you, please share your thoughts on this topic here: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/rand-paul-john-mccain-unhinged-and-past-his-prime.78712/
I think Trump always knew they would fail and he let them. At one point in the runup to the election, his health plan was basically single payer. Then he fell in line and started complaining about Obamacare and about repealing it with a free market based plan like the typical Republican in order to appeal to the mainstream. But you can tell by the promises that made (will continue cover for prexisting conditions, kids on parents plan till 26) that he really did not want to repeal the ACA.

As for the GOP, I don't think they have a plan. They have complained for years about the ACA without having a replacement plan and now they've been exposed. They are fractured as a party and can't agree on a single thing. Doesn't mean they aren't going to try though, I bet the fight for repealing Obamacare is far from over.

pmaitra

I think Trump always knew they would fail and he let them. At one point in the runup to the election, his health plan was basically single payer. Then he fell in line and started complaining about Obamacare and about repealing it with a free market based plan like the typical Republican in order to appeal to the mainstream. But you can tell by the promises that made (will continue cover for prexisting conditions, kids on parents plan till 26) that he really did not want to repeal the ACA.

As for the GOP, I don't think they have a plan. They have complained for years about the ACA without having a replacement plan and now they've been exposed. They are fractured as a party and can't agree on a single thing. Doesn't mean they aren't going to try though, I bet the fight for repealing Obamacare is far from over.
I agree.

There is another angle I was hoping you would touch upon. I believe the Koch Brothers have a very strong influence on the Freedom Caucus faction of the Republican Party.

If you remember, in one of the Republican Primary debates, Ted Cruz suggested that Trump favours a single payer system. Trump denied but said that he said it worked in some places. I think Trump might be open to going towards a single payer system. I like that in theory, but I am skeptical of any system that becomes a monopoly.

Akshay_Fenix

Don't use steel from India, Italy in Keystone pipeline:
Dem Senators

HIGHLIGHTS
  • We were disappointed that your administration would exempt the Keystone XL pipeline project from 'Buy American policy', Senators wrote to Trump
  • Allowing the Canadian firm to use foreign steel from countries like India and Italy will have the effect of costing US jobs, the Senators wrote

katsung47

950. Big slaughter to distract elimination case (3/4/2017)

The contradictory flaw Trump made on "Sweden terrorist attacks" is similar to that BBC"s report on the collapse of WTC7(in 9/11) before it happens.

Be noticed that there would be a large casualties if the plan had gone through. Trump said, "They took in large numbers".

I was once wondered how many people could they kill in 2/19 California flooding. It seemed not too many if it was only a collapse of a dam. Later I knew it was a much big slaughter in their plan.

Possible norovirus outbreak reported at Oroville evacuation shelter
By Alyssa Pereira, San Francisco Chronicle Monday, February 20, 2017

Between 20-30 Oroville Dam evacuees at the Silver Dollar Shelter in Chico, California are reportedly exhibiting symptoms of norovirus, reports The Sacramento Bee.

Norovirus symptoms typically include vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, and nausea. It is highly contagious, and is spread by touching or ingesting items contaminated with the virus. The effects of the virus can be more extreme in children and senior adults.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Possible-Norovirus-outbreak-reported-at-Oroville-10946356.php

Bill Gates Warns Of Epidemic That Could Kill Over 30 Million People

FEB 19, 2017 Bruce Y. Lee ,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...l-kill-over-30-million-people/2/#258a56885229

If the Feds had been successful in their framed drug case plot, there would have been a dam collapse and break out of epidemic thereafter. The death toll would have been up-graded each day to panic public over that small elimination case. Watch the date of the news of Bill Gate's warning. It's not a coincidence.

951. New plot on 3/15? (3/10/2017)

For the 2/19/2017 framed case, Trump administration sent a China most wanted fugitive back to China. (see #947)

Yesterday they did it again which may mean the FBI hurriedly organize another plot.

One of China's "most-wanted" fugitives returns from U.S. to surrender

Reuters Reuters March 9, 2017

BEIJING (Reuters) - A former employee of a state-owned newspaper who figured among China's 100 "most-wanted" fugitives has returned from the United States to turn himself in, the top anti-graft body said on Thursday, as China mapped out its strategy on fugitives in 2017.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-chinas-most-wanted-fugitives-returns-u-surrender-092948247.html
The new plot likely would happen on 3/14 or 3/15 when The Federal Reserve plans to raise rates "if the economy cooperates". Since the FBI used to prepare a big event to distract public attention, they can develop a financial storm by poping up the balloon of stock market and housing market with that rising interest rate.

This week, W.S. came to my house twice at night.She talked with my wife at doorway in darkness. I allege W.S. is an agent of Chinese secret police (see #668, #669 and #724. Frame a case of Chinese intelligence link) Her presence always link to some attempt framed case. So be this time.

see #668,#669 and #724 at: http://katsung.forumotion.com/t2p50-how-the-feds-persecute-people

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Shadow Brokers hackers release NSA hacking tools to punish Trump for ‘abandoning’ his base

Hacking group Shadow Brokers has released the password to a trove of NSA exploits in what they say is a form of protest against President Donald Trump for going back on his campaign promises, and warning the president, “Don’t forget your base.”

The shadowy group first emerged last August and released hacking exploits used by the NSA’s Equation Group, which included vulnerabilities in firewall products, and a list of IP addresses the NSA had exploited, which the group released at a later date.

https://www.rt.com/usa/384082-shadow-brokers-nsa-password-trump/

dhananjay1

You know Trump has been losing popularity when ranters at Brietbart and 4chan are turning on him. :lol: All the while Fake news comedy shows and MSM are ignoring him or going soft on him.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You know Trump has been losing popularity when ranters at Brietbart and 4chan are turning on him. :lol: All the while Fake news comedy shows and MSM are ignoring him or going soft on him.
Precisely. Trump seems to have made a deal with the establishment, thus his real supporters see that as a betrayal, while the establishment lapdogs, I mean the media love it.

amoy

Trump, Xi converge on currency, Syria as US-China ties warm
Washington | Thu, April 13, 2017 | 08:56 am

FILE - In this April 7, 2017 file photo, President Donald Trump, left, and Chinese President Xi Jinping walk together after their meetings at Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla. China says President Xi has stressed the need for an end to North Korea's nuclear weapons program in a phone discussion with Trump that followed tweets from the U.S. president urging China to play a more active role. Xi told Trump that China insists on peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula and advocates resolving the problem through peaceful means. He said China would maintain "communication and coordination" with Washington over it. The two leaders spoke Tuesday night, April 11, 2017, Washington time. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File) (AP/Alex Brandon)

The United States and China struck what appeared to be an unusual bargain Wednesday as President Donald Trump said he won't label China a currency manipulator and voiced confidence Chinese President Xi Jinping will help him deal with North Korea's mounting threat.

Another result of the diplomatic wrangling: a surprising Chinese abstention on a U.N. resolution condemning a Syrian chemical weapons attack.

In a newspaper interview and a White House news conference, Trump hailed the rapport he developed with Xi during last week's Florida summit, which seems to have yielded an immediate easing of tensions related to the U.S.-Chinese trade imbalance and efforts to prevent Pyongyang from developing a nuclear missile capable of reaching the United States.

"I think he wants to help us with North Korea," Trump said of Xi, crediting China in the news conference with taking a "big step" by turning back boats of coal that North Korea sells to its northern neighbor. North Korea conducts some 90 percent of its trade with China.

And in one of the sharpest reverses of his presidency, Trump backed off from a campaign pledge by saying he would not declare China to be a currency manipulator, an action that could have led to higher tariffs on Chinese goods. The accusation had formed a basis of Trump's argument for lost American jobs, on the grounds that an undervalued currency was boosting Chinese exports and leading to artificially low prices, all at U.S. manufacturers' expense.

"They're not currency manipulators," Trump told The Wall Street Journal earlier Wednesday, saying the country hadn't been cheating on its currency for months. He said a U.S. declaration of Chinese manipulation could jeopardize talks with China on North Korea.

It's rare for American leaders to link trade or currency disputes to broader international security efforts against countries such as North Korea. Trump's predecessors had largely kept such disputes separate.

Asked specifically if his decision on currency was part of an agreement over North Korea, Trump responded: "We're going to see. We're going to see about that."

He also repeated that trade concessions could be on the table for more cooperation on North Korea. He said he told Xi last week: "The way you're going to make a good trade deal is to help us with North Korea, otherwise we're just going to go it alone. That will be all right, too. But going it alone means going it with lots of other nations.'"

Trump's upbeat assessment of the relations with China contrasted with blunt talk about ties with Russia, a country with which he had repeatedly vowed to start a new partnership. Trump told reporters the U.S.-Russian relationship has reached an "all-time low" amid differences over Syria.

Trump and Xi spoke by telephone Tuesday night, just days after their two-day gathering at the president's Mar-a-Lago resort. He and Putin talked on the phone last week after a deadly subway bombing in the Russian city of St. Petersburg.

The opposing fortunes of the two key American relationships were laid bare in a U.N. Security Council showdown Wednesday. In an unexpected move, China abstained rather than joining traditional ally Russia in vetoing a resolution that would have condemned the chemical weapons attack in a northern Syrian town last week.

Trump hailed China's abstention. Beijing had joined Moscow in vetoing several previous Western-backed resolutions under President Barack Obama. But China's abstention ultimately wasn't much of a concession since it knew Russia would use its veto power.

On North Korea, Trump didn't outline any concessions China was offering apart from the coal cutoff, which was announced two months ago.

The United States has been urging Beijing to use its economic leverage with North Korea, which conducted two underground nuclear explosions and two dozen missile tests last year. It is moving closer to developing a nuclear-tipped missile that could threaten the U.S. mainland.

Trump has given heft to the U.S. demand with shows of force. First, while Xi was visiting last week, Trump ordered 59 cruise missiles fired on a Syrian air base in response to government forces' alleged use of a sarin-like nerve agent. This week, the U.S. president diverted an aircraft carrier toward the seas off the divided Korean Peninsula to deter North Korea from conducting another nuclear or missile test.

Bonnie Glaser, a China expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said the development "bodes well for cooperation between the U.S. and China."

"It will be interesting to see what measures China takes to ramp up pressure on North Korea," she said. "That is the real litmus test."

Officials at Treasury, the agency that is responsible for issuing currency reports every six months, confirmed that China won't be named a currency manipulator. The next report is supposed to come out this week.

Some Democrats had supported Trump's earlier position on China.

"The best way to get China to cooperate with North Korea is to be tough on them with trade, which is the No. 1 thing China's government cares about," Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer of New York said. "When the president fails to label them a currency manipulator, he gives them a green light to steal our jobs and wealth time and time again."

In his interview with the Journal, Trump also said he would prefer that the Federal Reserve keep interest rates relatively low. And he left open the possibility of re-nominating Janet Yellen for a second four-year term as Fed chair. That would mark another shift from his campaign position that he would probably replace Yellen when her term as chair ends in February next year.

"I do like a low-interest-rate policy, I must be honest with you," Trump said.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles