5 kg heroin recovered from cement bags imported from Pakistan

Adux

Country flag
Drugs can only stop in India if the penalty is like what is there in south east asia and China, that is death penalty. Right now drugs are smuggled with impunity.
Heck, if I travel 80 kilometers from here, and into Munnar. There are fields of Marijuana over there. This being a law abiding and literate state. Lets not even talk about Eastern India. If we stop trade with anyone over a cement bag of heroin, then be sure it is a two way street. India is a net exporter of drugs.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Aren't you aware of the US and EU border issues.

Pakistan if not through legitimate shipments, can easily send them via Kashmir, Nepal, BD, Sri Lanka, fishermen, burma corrupt bsf/custom guys, couriers, mules etc.

The only deterrent is you make your currency safer, and be vigilant. Suspending trade won't help too much.
Well, but if you turn it around, you can argue that the US and EU have border issues despite having friendly nations on their border, and much better systems and processes than India.

When we have an enemy state on our border that has a history of doing every kind of shit imaginable to our nation for more than 30 years, how sensible a move is it, to make borders "softer"? That is the question.

At the end of the day, they can always land their shipments on a remote coast in Karnataka or AP, very difficult to monitor. But like I said, we always try to make things tough. I purchased a bolt for the main door of my new house today, and I asked some silly question to the shopkeeper about whether it is "secure". The shopkeeper said, "If a thief really wants to enter, and if he has enough time, he will enter, even if you put five bolts like this." :D Yet, we still do purchase bolts and locks.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Heck, if I travel 80 kilometers from here, and into Munnar. There are fields of Marijuana over there. This being a law abiding and literate state. Lets not even talk about Eastern India. If we stop trade with anyone over a cement bag of heroin, then be sure it is a two way street. India is a net exporter of drugs.
Khus Khus aka "poppy" is used in cooking in India. It also is used to make opium. But then it is also used to relieve pain.

Bhang is consumed during holi and we have some great hindi songs on bhang and holi. Bhang is legal in India but illegal elsewhere.

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So mods of this forum delete post they don't like. But want to hurl abuse at the qualification of others.
Every mod on this forum is Congress chamcha who justify liberal trade and visa regime for Pakistan.

Ban me . I don't want to post on forum with such a biased mods to a particular party. If MMS is not a Porki lover why did he pressure BCCI to play with that country. Doesn't he have far better issue to discuss with Paki PM ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So mods of this forum delete post they don't like. But want to hurl abuse at the qualification of others.
Every mod on this forum is Congress chamcha who justify liberal trade and visa regime for Pakistan.

Ban me . I don't want to post on forum with such a biased mods to a particular party. If MMS is not a Porki lover why did he pressure BCCI to play with that country. Doesn't he have far better issue to discuss with Paki PM ?
We will not miss you and you save us the trouble of opening the modcp and hitting ban. Bye bye

Adux

Country flag

Why should they ban you, oh 'great principled one' , be a man and stop posting, take a stand.

Who told you that MMS pressurized BCCI to play Pakistan, some news report with some unamed source, did you see the document from PMO? Or do you think India-Pakistan match which will bring in millions to BCCI and to TV channels, because INDIANS want to see it. Do you think they are not pushing for it. For all you know they must have planted the story.

What if we are smiling at them and playing cricket, all the while providing money to the Baloch. Or is it out of the relam of possibility. You are truely an idiot.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Well, but if you turn it around, you can argue that the US and EU have border issues despite having friendly nations on their border, and much better systems and processes than India.

When we have an enemy state on our border that has a history of doing every kind of shit imaginable to our nation for more than 30 years, how sensible a move is it, to make borders "softer"? That is the question.

At the end of the day, they can always land their shipments on a remote coast in Karnataka or AP, very difficult to monitor. But like I said, we always try to make things tough. I purchased a bolt for the main door of my new house today, and I asked some silly question to the shopkeeper about whether it is "secure". The shopkeeper said, "If a thief really wants to enter, and if he has enough time, he will enter, even if you put five bolts like this." :D Yet, we still do purchase bolts and locks.
So what you are saying is if Pakistan really wants to send drugs and illegal currency they will find a way. Then why should we stop the trade ? Pakistan's ability to send in drugs/illegal currency via Indian customs speaks lowly of our customs and not their sophistication.

Wrt Pakistan I've always said good fences make good neighbours, we must secure our borders, and we must be vigilant. But still there are no guarantees. Today's situation is much better than what it was decades ago, my parents were taught horse-riding in Kashmir by Pakistanis, when Gold imports were banned people used to smuggle them in the barmer sector, before Punjab insurgency, people used to visit lahore in the morning and come back in the evening.

Our weakpoints right now are not Indo-Pak border but Nepal, Burma and BD border.

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why should they ban you, oh 'great principled one' , be a man and stop posting, take a stand.

Who told you that MMS pressurized BCCI to play Pakistan, some news report with some unamed source, did you see the document from PMO? Or do you think India-Pakistan match which will bring in millions to BCCI and to TV channels, because INDIANS want to see it. Do you think they are not pushing for it. For all you know they must have planted the story.

What if we are smiling at them and playing cricket, all the while providing money to the Baloch. Or is it out of the relam of possibility. You are truely an idiot.
Yes we will provide money to Baloch .Or who knows we will once again make bankrupt PCB financially sound.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The moment you see a Muslim name, you start off about "Taqiyya" and "Fai" and "ISI", even when the person is a forum admin with 16000 posts. That is simply not done.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
When it comes to cricket matches, trade etc and Pakistans approval of Indo-Afghan trade via Pakistan what you people are missing is the role of hte US.

People are shooting their mouth off without knowing anything, US is in Afghanistan, it relies on Pakistan. India and Pakistan our sworn enemies. If Pakistan says it feels threatened by India and therefore can't move forces to the west it results in Nato losses.

Just to placate Pakistan US will ask us to do some superficial stuff to normalize relations. We will do as we say in Punjabi "lima-pocha" and force Pakistan to take on jihadis. And US will reward us handsomely.

Taking principled stands in international diplomacy ?

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When it comes to cricket matches, trade etc and Pakistans approval of Indo-Afghan trade via Pakistan what you people are missing is the role of hte US.

People are shooting their mouth off without knowing anything, US is in Afghanistan, it relies on Pakistan. India and Pakistan our sworn enemies. If Pakistan says it feels threatened by India and therefore can't move forces to the west it results in Nato losses.

Just to placate Pakistan US will ask us to do some superficial stuff to normalize relations. We will do as we say in Punjabi "lima-pocha" and force Pakistan to take on jihadis. And US will reward us handsomely.

Taking principled stands in international diplomacy ?
Which reward are you talking about ?
They have hiked Visa fee. Consistently awarding weapons to Pakistan.Hafeez-Sayeed going free in Pakistan .India won't gain anything from follow US directives.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Which reward are you talking about ?
They have hiked Visa fee. Consistently awarding weapons to Pakistan.Hafeez-Sayeed going free in Pakistan .India won't gain anything from follow US directives.
1. Visa fee ? so it is their immigration policy. India otoh doens't allow green card holders to return to India within 90 days of travel too. These are domestic issues.

2. How many weapons have they given Pakistan ? Do you know about our past ? We used to get Soviet weapons and Pakistan top of the line Western weapons. Today Pakistan gets peanuts, and America is offering us some of the best weapons in its arsenal. US even gave us the much coveted nuclear deal.

3. Hafiz Saeed going free in Pakistan, is not US's fault, hell US can't get Pakistanis to take out Haqqani. Pakistan cannot shut down terrorists, if it wants to survive. The moment you realize this fact, you can understand the situation. search on this forum for "a call kayani cannot make' or something it explains why Pakistan cannot shut down terrorist camps despite being the bigger loser.

4. If India puts pressure on the eastern front,NATO troops in Astan will be affected. If there is no benefit, atleast there is no harm. If India works to harm NATO efforts in Afghanistan, we'll be the losers on all counts.

Sehwag1830, unfortunately I am beginning to think you are more interested in abusing all those who are non-BJP supporting folks, rather than understanding the nuances of geopolitics.

venkat

^^^ we have paid 10 billion dollars to get C-130, C-7,Apache etc... where as USA has given pakistan Block 52 F-16 free. and other stuff not open to public...NATO forces can travel through Russia to get into Afghanistan...they dont need pakistan... US has put DRDO and other defence PSUs under invisible embargo......its not possible to import state of the art dual use items .....reality is something else....

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sehwag1830, unfortunately I am beginning to think you are more interested in abusing all those who are non-BJP supporting folks, rather than understanding the nuances of geopolitics.
Can you please reply to my PM ?
I know how much US is friend of India .I don't want to repeat same lines again and again.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
1. Visa fee ? so it is their immigration policy. India otoh doens't allow green card holders to return to India within 90 days of travel too. These are domestic issues.

2. How many weapons have they given Pakistan ? Do you know about our past ? We used to get Soviet weapons and Pakistan top of the line Western weapons. Today Pakistan gets peanuts, and America is offering us some of the best weapons in its arsenal. US even gave us the much coveted nuclear deal.

3. Hafiz Saeed going free in Pakistan, is not US's fault, hell US can't get Pakistanis to take out Haqqani. Pakistan cannot shut down terrorists, if it wants to survive. The moment you realize this fact, you can understand the situation. search on this forum for "a call kayani cannot make' or something it explains why Pakistan cannot shut down terrorist camps despite being the bigger loser.

4. If India puts pressure on the eastern front,NATO troops in Astan will be affected. If there is no benefit, atleast there is no harm. If India works to harm NATO efforts in Afghanistan, we'll be the losers on all counts.

I agree with you partly, but I would not give Kiyanahi and co. the benefit of doubt so rapidly.

No matter what, they still harbour desires of Kashmir, bleeding India, Jihad, etc. Remember, this is the same generation that unleashed mayhem in the 1990s. Same people. Some of the more fanatic ones are even dreaming of "Paki jhanda on lal qila".

And don't forget Afghanistan.

Yes, they may be wanting to destroy some camps here and there, selectively. That is the key - selectively. But then, overall, their establishment and security agencies are a Jihad-loving bunch.

p2prada

Pak paid $5Billion for the F-16s, but that is mostly American aid. So yeah, "almost" Free.

Venkat, what is this invisible embargo, AFAIK, DRDO is not embargoed anymore. Anything we don't know?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I agree with you partly, but I would not give Kiyanahi and co. the benefit of doubt so rapidly.

No matter what, they still harbour desires of Kashmir, bleeding India, Jihad, etc. Remember, this is the same generation that unleashed mayhem in the 1990s. Same people. Some of the more fanatic ones are even dreaming of "Paki jhanda on lal qila".

And don't forget Afghanistan.

Yes, they may be wanting to destroy some camps here and there, selectively. That is the key - selectively. But then, overall, their establishment and security agencies are a Jihad-loving bunch.
Yes they are a jihad loving bunch. However, even if Kayani is forced to fight these terrorists he cannot.

1. Earlier pak officers were a westernised bunch from elite / educated families, todays PA officers are from conservative backgrounds. They have an islamic outlook and many are closet jihadis too. He will face formidable challanges from the officers and soldiers. Remember Ilyas Kashmiri, PNS Mehran, attack on GHQ

2. Jihadis tentacles are spread throughout Pakistan. They have support in all provinces, all districts, all classes. They number in millions, if kayani thinks of stopping them, he will face a massive retaliatory attack that will make the war in fata look like a walk in the park. Pakistan till now has only last 5-6k soldiers in this war against TTP, imagine what will happen if all the jihadists unleash their fury.

It is a herculean task to de-radicalise and de-militarize jihadis. And the current state of Pakistan will only make it much harder.

Iamanidiot

Paajia why can't we push Pakistan into a sectarian,regional and ethnic civil war add to that even a class war ala maoists indian style.The end aim is to push Pakirtan into a cycle of dertrubtion

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles