Wheelless trains for Delhi Metro planned

JAISWAL

Wheelless trains for Delhi Metro planned - The Times of India
NEW DELHI: The government is planning to introduce magnetic levitation wheel-less trains on the Delhi Metro, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Minister of state for urban development Saugata Roy, in a written reply, said: "The Delhi Metro proposes to introduce the wheel-less trains. The introduction of Maglev technology of Metro connectivity by DMRC is only at a conceptual stage for the present." The Maglev technology uses magnetic levitation to suspend, guide and propel mass rapid systems.

Reactions: nrj

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In a rudderless city, wheelless is a good idea!

Vyom

Seeker
I think electricity consumption will be enormous just to maintain the magnetic field all the time. Is there really a cost benefit here?

pmaitra

I think electricity consumption will be enormous just to maintain the magnetic field all the time. Is there really a cost benefit here?
I agree. Metros have frequent stops and for such trains MAGLEV is a waste. Works reasonably well for long distance hauls with less sharp curves.

indian_sukhoi

You dont need fast trains for metro,.....Better to lookf for someting cheaper

sukhish

are there any plans for high speed trains ? I see china has a lot of these

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
hope they can somehow keep those magnates safe from thefts, BTW in Delhi i experience power cut, therefore it is waste of resources to unnecessary match up to China. Regular metro will do the trick for good.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
hope they can somehow keep those magnates safe from thefts, BTW in Delhi i experience power cut, therefore it is waste of resources to unnecessary match up to China. Regular metro will do the trick for good.
We need 8 coaches first, there's not even breathing space on the six coach Dwarka-Noida line at peak hours!!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
metro already runs on electricity.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Delhi is fine yaar.

At this cost you can introduce metros in some other two-tier cities

Falcon

In a country where any decision takes years to get finalized, this one has come really fast. And I think the reason it came so fast is because of the huge market value in that region. It is very important to introduce high end technology at some places so that we get the taste of it. Those who have poverty in their mind after reading this news, we are investing billions on defense and arms. What about that.

Always remember that if you are not at par with the latest technology, you will slowly fall behind. Whether it be defense, infrastructure, health or agriculture...we do need the latest to be introduced in all the fields.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles