We're back after a break

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
how about pm'ing active members on how to contact mods/admins when site is down ?

this way others wont know about it

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
how about pm'ing active members on how to contact mods/admins when site is down ?

this way others wont know about it
I agree with Ernesto/DareDevil It would be a good idea if theres a independent and alternative method to contact ADMIN and Active members to keep in touch as and when if theres situations of this level happen again of this magnitude.Secondly A Backup of primary Data would be very useful.Total immunity from these type of attacks would be at times difficult to manage.

Neil

Country flag
damn....i had a fight with my internet provider....i thought net is down or something....!!

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Who else but scums across the border.
Great to see DFI back!
No I meant in particular i.e UK based virmins (porkchops), US based same varmins or across the border...man these jobless creatures have so much time in hand LOL

Rage

DFI TEAM
What kind of DDoS attack was it?

If you know where it came from, based on where your server is, you can prosecute them under the law.

In any case, a raiding party is in order.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
What kind of DDoS attack was it?

If you know where it came from, based on where your server is, you can prosecute them under the law.

In any case, a raiding party is in order.
highly unlikely...and almost impossible. it like sniper shooting from across border.

Rage

DFI TEAM
highly unlikely...and almost impossible. it like sniper shooting from across border.
True. To be able to prosecute, you'll have to discover the owners of the source.

But I think it's time to organize a retaliatory team. Tear down their forums and grind 'em to bits. What the f%^l< are we supposed to be an IT superpower for?

I say, backup the information and go on a hunting spree. All of us should be prepared to have the forum down for a few days.

ejazr

Ambassador
Nice to hear you guys are back up and running. Great job in bouncing back up.

ISPs these days should be able to provide some sort of DoS protection although not fool proof. Would be a good idea to have a discussion with your ISP providers if they can provide any protection package as well along with website hosting.

Also a good idea might be to just have a single text only information webpage that the ISP can host for your web address that will not take up a lot of Bandwidth that there is a technical snag or whatever..

Keep up the good work, we all appreciate the hardwork mods and admins have been putting in keeping this forum up and running.

Last edited:

StealthSniper

I guess people in Pakistan and China hate how good this forum is and they will do what they can to shut it down I guess.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This is not good at all.
Anyhow, if we members can do something to support this great cause of DFI then i would like to hear something more on this issue by admin.

DFI is not a someones private adventure to me at all. It is, technically speaking though, but the number of people and men hours invested speaks something else. I am not exactly aware about few other Indian defence forums gone down in sink but DFI has to survive at any cost. Every Time when such snags do happen it cause a lot of frustration and a fear that that this effort has gone for same fate like the previous ones.

I expect admin, owner, mods and members are going to share this responsibility to run this as a corporate and such a way that this platform remains here at www forever.

Warm regards.

An ordinary member and DFI enthusiast.

A.V.

Nice to Hear all the comments but i think v0id has started the dfi update blog which will be updated and always be up as the default page also we are discussing how to make it even better for the members.

some of the points that i have raised personally and will take up with the staff - < there sre just my ideas as a dfi member >

a dfi helpline number

1. the facebook , twitter pages are a good idea and we did update on the facebook about the problem.

2. in times of problem you can always check out the dfi partner sites for updates www.defencewiki.net was up even while dfi was down as we were checking the things so any info can be gathered from there

3. during any problem technical snag we can redirect to our partner sites

but having said that sometimes even though we try it becomes difficult as during the recent issue we always try to inform some of the members so that the word can spread about the problems if any, also we are constantly being served by the host to stop any ddos.

AS VOID SAID I SEE MANY MEMBERS GOT THE IDEA THAT WE WERE UNDER ATTACK BUT THAT WAS NOT TRUE THE TRUTH IS THIS , AS VOID SAID IN THE BLOG AND I AM REPEATING AGAIN , THE SITE WAS SHUT DOWN BY THE SECURITY EXPERS FEARING A DDOS ATTACK WHICH IS A CONTRAST TO A REAL ATTACK , IT WAS A THREAT AND A SECURITY ISSUE IN IN THAT CASES WE HAVE A SECURITY APPARATUS WHO JUST SHUTS US DOWN FEARING ANY ACTION AS ANY DDOS IS PREVENTED BY THE HOST IN THE CLOUD AND IPS ARE FILTERED WHEN IN SUCH AN EVENT SO GUYS AGAIN IT WAS NOT WHAT WAS MADE OUT TO BE AS WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE LACK OF INSTANT COMMUNICATION WHICH WILL BE RECTIFIED IN THE FUTURE

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Yeah many of us were wondering what might've happened. However, I think what you said is sufficient for everyone here A.V.
Thanks for the information.

Regards,
Virendra

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
This is not good at all.
Anyhow, if we members can do something to support this great cause of DFI then i would like to hear something more on this issue by admin.
DFI is not a someones private adventure to me at all. It is, technically speaking though, but the number of people and men hours invested speaks something else. I am not exactly aware about few other Indian defence forums gone down in sink but DFI has to survive at any cost. Every Time when such snags do happen it cause a lot of frustration and a fear that that this effort has gone for same fate like the previous ones.
I expect admin, owner, mods and members are going to share this responsibility to run this as a corporate and such a way that this platform remains here at www forever.
I think before asking the Mods Admins to do a better job, I'd say please let us know if you need more hands on the deck. This is not a paid site and the mods or admins aren't under any obligation to do this job. They do it for a greater cause and out of personal enthusiasm. I'd thank them and ask them to be more vocal in case they need help in erecting a system to avoid or manage such situations in future.
I agree that we cannot afford to lose this place. Good luck :)

Regards,
Virendra

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles