Vladimir Putin's visit to India - 2014

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
........ but we are practical enough to sign deals which are beneficial for us.
that's what im hoping will be our policy - beneficial for both - to keep them coming back
to us for more .

Last edited:

prohumanity

Country flag
That's funny...the whole pro -western mafia is jumping up and down trying to demonize Mr.Putin and brave and proud Russian people. They want to create a big rift between India and Russia because Russia is empowering India's military so that no hegemonistic power can threaten India again.
Of course, this relationship puts chillies in the a*ss of many and they would like to say negative things about India-Russia bond of trust and friendship. They think Indians are stupid and will quickly forget how Pakistan was used to keep terrorist activity in Kashmir and was embolden and provided with Patton tanks, Sabre jets, F-16s etc. to be used against India. They still are arrogant b*astards who dared to humiliate an Indian lady diplomat by cavity search and arrest. Russia never treated India like this and always stood by and supported India in its toughest times.
West wants to sell their outdated junky weapons and keeps strings attached to curtail India's power. They don't believe in humanity...look at the torture teckniques they used against detainees and are shamelessly preaching the world "Human rights" ...what happened to your own human rights..hypocracy at its best. Black kids and mentally ill are shot dead by cops every day...And you are calling Russians racist..
During Kargil war, GPS was blocked so Indian forces have difficulty evacuating Paki terrorists from Kargil heights . Who are you trying to fool? Indians do understand well who is their true friend and who is the selfish,opportunistic make-believe friend who wants to send a Indian American guy to India create an illusion of friendship. Their are lot of paid brokers for western arm industry these days as they are not able to sell their exorbitantly priced, outdated weapons . BJP guys have seen all the crookedness of west over decades and its not going to easy to trick them by fake gestures.

sgarg

The deterioration in relation is quite apparent. Putin's visit has hardly drawn any media attention in India. India has discovered her pride, she won't take it lightly if any country adopts "carrot (Energy) and stick (Pakistan)" against us, and there will definitely be consequences, but we are practical enough to sign deals which are beneficial for us.
The first rule in dealing with foreigners that we want to do business with, is not to be rude.

India still is in learning curve. India has to learn a lot from the world. I take offence at too-sure Indians who just do not realize the needs and hopes of their own country.

Integration of Pakistan into regional economy and opening of land routes through Pakistan IS BENEFICIAL TO INDIA. You are simply misinformed and misguided.

sgarg

@roma, you denounce racism in Russians. I have seen racism everywhere I went in USA. In fact I found Canada better than USA on this count. And to shock you, racism and casteism is present in Indians too.

A large proportion of Russians have a favourable view of India. We need to further improve it. We need to inculcate good relations with people. We have to make an effort to improve our image in foreign lands.

Americans see India and China just as factory. They get very jealous when a cutting edge scientific development happens in India. Americans have developed an imperialistic view of the world which is unhealthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

Great to hear Indian offer for joint production of Kamov 226 helicopter.

USSR/Russia has contributed immensely to development of aviation industry in India. It makes perfect sense to take this cooperation to a higher level.

Military version of light multi-mission helicopter Ka-226T is designed for operation in hard-to-reach highland conditions, warm climate and oversea, reconnaissance, targeting and monitoring, cargo transportation (up to 1,500 kg), transportation of 7 troopers or service personnel.
Ka-226T

DingDong

Country flag
The first rule in dealing with foreigners that we want to do business with, is not to be rude.

India still is in learning curve. India has to learn a lot from the world. I take offence at too-sure Indians who just do not realize the needs and hopes of their own country.

Integration of Pakistan into regional economy and opening of land routes through Pakistan IS BENEFICIAL TO INDIA. You are simply misinformed and misguided.
The first rule of dealing with any person foreigner or otherwise is "Stop Pretending and Stop Bending Backwards". I never had a realization that India wishes to grow by sucking up to "foreigners". That is not my model of growth. I don't think many Indians aspire to trade their dignity for money.

Integration of Pakistan into regional economy will not happen at the expense of our national security, Russia is a foreign power it must not meddle in affairs of the South Asian region.

Russia will have to come out of the Cold War mindset, India of 21st century is nothing like the India of 60s-70s.

sgarg

The first rule of dealing with any person foreigner or otherwise is "Stop Pretending and Stop Bending Backwards". I never had a realization that India wishes to grow by sucking up to "foreigners". That is not my model of growth. I don't think many Indians aspire to trade their dignity for money.

Integration of Pakistan into regional economy will not happen at the expense of our national security, Russia is a foreign power it must not meddle in affairs of the South Asian region.

Russia will have to come out of the Cold War mindset, India of 21st century is nothing like the India of 60s-70s.
Your model does not work.

India has ALWAYS been sucking up to foreign powers in one form or another.

You need to talk to people who have been in IFS or other diplomatic positions. You are living in a dreamworld.

Russia has its unique problems. We cannot dictate to them how to solve these problems as we do not know the solution.

DingDong

Country flag
Your model does not work.

India has ALWAYS been sucking up to foreign powers in one form or another.

You need to talk to people who have been in IFS or other diplomatic positions. You are living in a dreamworld.

Russia has its unique problems. We cannot dictate to them how to solve these problems as we do not know the solution.
India don't need to care about Russia's problems, and I am sure that we have got competent people who understand India's problems and wish to find a solution.

Just because few people shucked up to their masters in past doesn't mean that we will keep doing the same. People in IFS are from the same society, theyr mentality is influenced by their background, and mentality changes with time. What was good in past may not be good today.

sgarg

@DingDong, there is no "past". India's economy is highly dependent on foreign factors. India's military is highly dependent on foreign supplies. The "dalals" of all kinds roam in Delhi. Do you think that makes India strong??

The reality is only local R&D and local solutions makes India strong. In addition, India needs to build friendships and trade with foreign nations, with a principle of equality and fairness.

India and Russia have a good and friendly relationship. India values this relationship and wants to build on it. There is no "bending backwards" and Russians do not demand "bending backwards". The sense of accommodation and fairness should drive the relationship.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Putin is between a hard place and a rock.

Right time to squeeze his gonads and get a good deal in all spheres where Russia is interacting with India.

Abhishek Tanwar

It's is conformed that Russia is not going to stand for India , Relationship between IND-RUS is the cold water because of the Triangle of RUSSIA-CHINA AND PAKISTAN , India want to by 5th gen. FA from USA THAT IS THE BIG BINGO for Russia , Expert says in present time we are alone in the universe. last thing is it's not conformed but Russia can sell AGNI tech. to PAK. It's time to don't believe our own shadow.

DingDong

Country flag
Why India and Russia remain BFFs.

"Ten years from now, Russia is unlikely to be a particularly important country for India. India would be the world's 3rd largest economy at that time (and much larger than Russia). By then, India is also likely to have overcome its weaknesses in defense. However, Modi has concluded that a strategy of opportunistic alliances is the best strategy to achieve that goal as rapidly as possible," Gupta added.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Russia to remain India's most important defence partner: Modi

NEW DELHI: India's options have increased today but Russia will remain our most important defence partner, PM Narendra Modi said on Thursday.

Addressing a press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, the PM said that "it's a great pleasure to welcome President Putin to India, I am honoured to host him in Delhi."

"This is President Putin's 11th annual summit and my first. I am confident that our bilateral cooperation will acquire new vigour," the PM said.

Russian President Putin said, "We had constructive talks on a whole gamut of issues".

"We are content with how the visit is being conducted and its outcome," Putin added.

READ ALSO: Text of India-Russia joint statement

Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday held talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to further boost cooperation between the two strategic partners in crucial sectors like defence, energy and trade at a time when Russian economy was facing Western sanctions.

It was the first annual summit meeting between Putin and Modi. The two leaders had met on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Brazil in July and during the G-20 summit in Australia last month.

"Times have changed, our friendship has not. Now, we want to take this relation to the next level & this visit is a step in that direction," Modi tweeted last night.

The talks at the highest level have been taking place since 2000 alternately in Moscow and New Delhi.

"The bond between the people of Russia & India is very strong. Our nations have stood by each other through thick and thin," the Prime Minister said in another tweet.

India, which is the third largest oil importer after the US and China — has been pushing for greater involvement in major gas and oil exploration projects in Russia and both the leaders are set to discuss the issue.

Russia is one of the top oil producers globally and has huge reserves of natural gas.

India's exports, particularly food items, to Russia have gone up since sanctions were imposed against that country by Western nations for its interventions in the crisis in Ukraine.

India has been maintaining that it cannot be party to any economic sanctions against Russia.

Both the leaders are likely to discuss improving supply of rough diamonds by Russia to India. Russia is the world's top producer of rough diamonds and India is one of its largest importers.

Russia to remain India's most important defence partner: Modi - The Times of India

jouni

I think India and Russia share a lot of "national character" regarding mental characteristics and attitude of people. You have a lot of similarities, which I have noticed. I already knew about Russian national character, and you cannot deny that a lot of similarities are there compared to Indian one. In that sense closer ties make a lot of sense and can boost the nationalism in both countries.

Difficult in dealing with the past: India-Colony of Brits, Russia-Fall of the Soviet Union

Long after strong leader instead of strong parliamentary system: India-Modi, Russia-Putin

Like to find outside enemy for internal problems: India-"Brits destroyed our system and we are still down because of that", Russia, "US and EU took our colonies in eastern Europe, they try to weaken us inside".

Emotional thinking instead of pragmatic: India-"We had a great past, we can grow with just our will, not developing education system and equity", Russia-"We bring back Soviet anthem and state controlled media, Nationalism will keep us warm, we do not have to fight corruption and ancient industrial base".

Love for Railroads: India-"We love our railroads", Russia-"We will develop our Siberian railroad".

Love for colorful decorations: India-"Even our truck cabins look like a Parisian doll-house", Russia-"Even our homes look like Indian truck cabins".

Of course there are differences also, Russians love melancholic music and Indians happy music. All in all, I think mentally Russians can do co-operation better with Indians than with Chinese.

Last edited:

prohumanity

Country flag
It's is conformed that Russia is not going to stand for India , Relationship between IND-RUS is the cold water because of the Triangle of RUSSIA-CHINA AND PAKISTAN , India want to by 5th gen. FA from USA THAT IS THE BIG BINGO for Russia , Expert says in present time we are alone in the universe. last thing is it's not conformed but Russia can sell AGNI tech. to PAK. It's time to don't believe our own shadow.
You are spreading false rumors...The reality is that RUSSIA-INDIA-CHINA-IRAN-BRAZIL-VIETNAM and many others will form a strong group to resist the aggressive ,violent tendencies of the G-7 and temper their arrogance and bullying...A just, democratic world order will emerge which will ensure the World peace and prosperity for all countries and not just G-7. West will try very hard to crush this emerging force as it has the potential to puncture the narcissistic balloon of the western nations who are addicted to suppressing and threatening other countries. West will have to change and will have to start believing in harmony and mutual respect. As for Paki...it will become irrelevant if it continues to remain a tool of West...By the way..do you know that according to torture report of CIA opened 2 days ago, Paki had secret prisons where it partnered with west to torture Muslim detainees?
If you don't know, read the list of countries who were partners in torture in Huffington Post. BTW, Russia, India,China IS NOT in that list.

prohumanity

Country flag
Juoni....yes..Russians and Indians have lot in common. They are both proud and patriotic people...they both have balls to stand up to the bullies....they both know how to maintain bond of trust and friendship....they both have reverence for their unique cultures and ancient civilizations...they both want to make world a place where a few bullies do not decide the fate of all other countries....they both come from "WE mentality" and do not like the arrogant attitude of "I, ME and MYSELF" Yes ..you are right..Russians and Indians are emotionally similar and therefore ,they understand and like each other.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Being Indian centric, I wish my country continue advances with Russia in Civilian sector but not with Military sector ..

India will be particularly keen to tie up energy and other economic deals with Russia because New Delhi does not want Moscow to be isolated in the world so that it is driven to Beijing's sphere of influence. Russia signed a $400 billion energy deal with China in May, and may even break the informal arms blockade to Pakistan.

Putin to address joint session of Parliament - The Times of India

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Putin's visit will mainly focus on energy. Russia's main export. Putin is not
As popular as he once was.
..........& nuke reactors, that no one else in the world can supply us, given that vexing nuke liability clause.

Second, uncut diamonds. This is going to be huge in terms of employment/trade opportunities & revenue generation.

Oil & Gas is secondary to 5th-Gen FGFA which is going to be make-or-break this time.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
My personal experience has been exactly the opposite of what you just stated.

I agree with @sgarg.
@sgarg @pmaitra

It is true that Russians & Indians intermarry a lot - I have grown up seeing relatives (& now friends, too) marrying marrying Russian women & settling comfortably in India, even in Tier 2 cities. Also, Indians who study in Russia end up making lifelong friends there. Same goes for business associates (India+Russians), where association easily goes beyond professional to personal sphere. Some acquaintances now living in USA have also married Russian beauties & their marriage have a shelf life (somewhat unheard of, in case of Indian men marrying American women).

But, there is no denying the fact that xenophobia is rife in post-USSR Russia & Indians have been easy & frequent targets - murders perpetrated on account of race/colour etc. are not unheard of. Also, Russians are extremely protective of their culture, often to the extreme. They have a especially low tolerance for anything beyond Orthodox Church & for them, the Hindu religion especially, is quite the "way of the evil" for most of them.

Abhishek Tanwar

My friend prohumanity i am telling you true believe it or not it's on you but Russia is supporting us from long time because Western Countries are against him he need to hold Asia for his economy in present time Russia have only 3 bf India ,Chinia and japan , i agree that Russia stand for India in crisis time but time is change Russia want to take over the Deface market of Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles