Vectra LSV Design back to 1967 ?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pardon me for saying this but that car is ugly... reminds me of a person with a birth defect, a slit in his upper lip.

pmaitra

Pardon me for saying this but that car is ugly... reminds me of a person with a birth defect, a slit in his upper lip.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

BTW, it is an American car - are you sure you still don't like it? :D

I like it.

shubhamsaikia

Neither do I like it. IA should select the Axe hands down. Its more like a pick up truck. Damn Ugly.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Get something which is same size of a Jeep at most anything bigger have prob in operating in places where IA deployed..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have seen both M715 and KM450, I find them to be heavy vehicles. And their rigid axles are not nimble enough to tackle the terrain that the likes of Hummer can undertake. These vehicles are already quiet dated (technologically and capability-wise).

pmaitra

I have seen both M715 and KM450, I find them to be heavy vehicles. And their rigid axles are not nimble enough to tackle the terrain that the likes of Hummer can undertake. These vehicles are already quiet dated (technologically and capability-wise).
I know you would mention Hummer. ;)

I think I would have a greater confidence in a Willys and a UAZ than any modern jeep. More sophisticated anything is, more chances of them breaking down.

P.S.: I have no field experience, so take my word with some salt!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I know you would mention Hummer. ;)

I think I would have a greater confidence in a Willys and a UAZ than any modern jeep. More sophisticated anything is, more chances of them breaking down.

P.S.: I have no field experience, so take my word with some salt!
Willys and the the UAZ jeeps are excellent vehicles for their time.

pmaitra

Willys and the the UAZ jeeps are excellent vehicles for their time.
UAZ conquered the Pamirs with a 75 hp engine.
I learnt driving for a second time on a Mahindra 4x4 Diesel in the hills at Borivali, Mumbai. This one is kind of similar to the Willys. Loved it. That jeep gave me a lot of confidence.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
UAZ conquered the Pamirs with a 75 hp engine.
I learnt driving for a second time on a Mahindra 4x4 Diesel in the hills at Borivali, Mumbai. This one is kind of similar to the Willys. Loved it. That jeep gave me a lot of confidence.

I never got to drive a jeep. We have lots of it in the 80s and 90s in private hands (in the plantations). But you're right they are simple much like the AK47s of the off-road world...

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Simply put the external looks matter little it's what's inside that what matters, most modern SUV's today follow a similar design philosophy to their erstwhile cousins while being of widely different capabilities.

We need to see what's inside before commenting
I've been able to find the technical specs of the Kaiser on Wiki, However no specs of the Vectra LSV could be found.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles