US Offers To Match India's Ally Russia

Zebra

Country flag
pakistan is us ally!!!

if usa really considered pakistan to be enemy or thought it was of no use any longer then they would have done the invading part themselves or turned on the screws. fact is usa still considers pakistan of some use against "growing powers" in the region.

us-paki relationship is like a quarreling marriage between husband and wife but is still a marriage at the end of the day...India is merely the sexy 3rd person with a potential of an affair. Another factor is that usa doesn't want India to get so powerful that we want them to be kicked out of the Indian ocean.
* If I am not wrong a former U.S. Deputy Secretary of State said in past Pakistan: Ally or Liability?

Anyway, if India is ready then US won't need Pakistan any more.

US tried since 1947, they offered their weapons, India rejected it from day one. What else we can expect from US then?

* Here you are right US didn't attack Pakis yet by them self. US missed it after 9/11.

If the growing power is US ally in the region, then no need to worry. In fact now they are ready to help India again.

* There will be no one who can kick off US from any where in this planet. Forget about IOR.

Just not possible.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This is not possible, US need Pakistan more than India to continue ops in Astan..

To Counter China, Both US & India are working..

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
This is not possible, US need Pakistan more than India to continue ops in Astan..
To Counter China, Both US & India are working..
im in agreement with y our overall line of reasoning
meaning to say ;

some of the above posts seem to demand an either / or kind of thinking, a unique answer that can conveniently be used to explain all of the usa's behaviour - that the usa is either with pak or with india - they seem to say that it must be a mutually exclusive arrangement

that doesnt have to be the case and it clearly is not the case wit the usa

they will use or hopefully work with whomever is useful
so to face china , they need india and to be effective in afghanistan , they might indeed "need" pakistan

neither arrangement negates the other nor is in contradiction with the other

so the above posts which offer the argument that " the usa is ally with pak , so india might as well forget it " doesnt take into account the multiple friendships ability of the usa

they will use whomever is useful for whatever particular task

and similarly , we should also use them , when it is convenient for us to do so !!

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
* If I am not wrong a former U.S. Deputy Secretary of State said in past Pakistan: Ally or Liability?

US tried since 1947, they offered their weapons, India rejected it from day one. What else we can expect from US then?

* Here you are right US didn't attack Pakis yet by them self. US missed it after 9/11.

If the growing power is US ally in the region, then no need to worry. In fact now they are ready to help India again.

* There will be no one who can kick off US from any where in this planet. Forget about IOR.

Just not possible.
Your last line tells me everything about your stance.

I bet within your life only usa will be reduced to a regional power and i only wish you remember what you thought now and eat your own words.

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
Your last line tells me everything about your stance.

I bet within your life only usa will be reduced to a regional power and i only wish you remember what you thought now and eat your own words.
Only thing is secure our side, here our is India.

The next face is like second cold war.

Indian interest in this second cold war stays with US side.

Few days back I posted here--- if Russia is a Bhoot then USA is a Palit.

As a country it is in our interest to be with US in this situation, nothing anti/pro Russia our anti/pro USA.

"USA will be reduced to a regional power"---> (Trust me, I am dying to see that day. I am not a US lover)

But not going to happen, just bcz, no one yet developed that capacity as of today.

If some one develop it today, then it will be a new story for me. I would like to hear it.

There is a poster on other Indian forum he has a very nice signature, something like......

No country has friends, they has interests only.

This is sad but It is naked true.

The only thing is few people are not ready to accept it.

agentperry

in my recent talks with a person from indian institute for strategic studies i came to know about the fundamental things about the china-us and india-china interaction. just like usa converted the Mediterranean Sea into nato's lake they want to convert( even india wants) to convert the indian ocean into indian lake cuz india is in no mood to become a nato member so that the chinese can be handcuffed just like russians were once in the nato's lake.

the extended LOA for chinese in the indian ocean is making usa and india to work harder for next 20 25 years so that the advances of china in ior can be tamed and chinese dragon bought to halt

Immanuel

Country flag
Starting next year when the Amreecan'ts pull out of A'stan, they will rely closely on India to take the lead in helping the A'stanis to become self reliant in handling puki backed militancy. Our A'stani friends are sick of the puki double cross and look for support, the time has come to help. US will rely more on us since they clearly didn't enjoy dealing with the pukis for a long time, they tried to woo them with aid and equipment but didn't work so now aid is being cut cut cut.

I guess with apache, m777, c-17, c-130j, P-8I one thing is becoming certain, the Ameerkhans know how to deliver, place the order and invariably we are guaranteed on time or even early deliveries. They are bound to win quite a few deals quite simply because they do have some cutting edge equipment at decent prices with fast delivery times.

They may not be able to match Russia in terms of close nuke ties but they will end up being one of the largest suppliers of hardware for us, tis inevitable.

drkrn

fine till now but will america accept our no alignment policy, time decides..

Immanuel

Country flag
Silly to think that US will be reduced to a regional power, the fabric of that country won't allow it, none including Russia can match it's global military spread.

Country flag
For a long time Russian industry especially on the naval side depended on Indian orders
to stay alive like gorshokov and even sub orders Kilo etc... Russians have lost
their infrastrucutre to support the large orders from India. Many items are rushed and
quality is compromised (klubs). Russians have also stopped innovating. This is why India
is able to partner with Russia because Russia needs funding(pakfa). USA maybe a buyer
customer relations but that does not mean USA is not flexible -look at how many modifications
USA allowed on P8-I.

ani82v

Country flag

The main reason we didn't attack Pak in 2008 was because of the U.S. presence of Afghanistan.
If that was the case, then I missed it by miles.
I never thought that Govt was even considering attack on Pak as an option, even if there was enormous resentment among the people.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Main reason we haven't attack POK in BJP Gov because Pakistani knew our plans while the Gov was undecided to go for it or not..

You know, You dont need top class spies to notice huge amount of logistics and troops deployed in such a small area for so long to attack..

Zebra

Country flag
Main reason we haven't attack POK in BJP Gov because Pakistani knew our plans while the Gov was undecided to go for it or not..

You know, You dont need top class spies to notice huge amount of logistics and troops deployed in such a small area for so long to attack..

KB, they are talking about 2008.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
KB, they are talking about 2008.
In that case Gov never had any plans for some attack like that..

But indeed shelling in close terrorist camps and aggressive patrolling within our Borders..

agentperry

india have no first use policy along with not going for aggression at first place. we have defender policy not attacking. this is the main reason rest are just imagination

SPIEZ

Country flag
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
By : Defence News

The US on July 23 virtually offered to match India's 50-year-old ally Russia in matters of multi-billion dollar defence deals. It has offered India sophisticated high-end technology, latest equipments and even a promise to change its stringent technology-transfer rules to accommodate New Delhi's growing ambitions.

The corner stone of US-India relationship is India's surging defence equipment demand that will induce a spending of around $80 billion over the next 6-7 years.

Deputy Secretary of Defense, USA, Ashton B Carter said while addressing Indian audience comprising strategic thinkers and industry representatives, "We want to knock down any remaining bureaucratic barriers in our defence relationship, and strip away the impediments. We want to set big goals to achieve,".

He added, "India deserves the best military equipment available and we are prepared to help. Practically, we want to be India's highest-quality and most-trusted long-term supplier of technology," without naming Russia, which is dominant in military equipment sales to India. Over the past few years, Russia has leased a nuclear-powered submarine to India, sold an aircraft carrier, co-developed a supersonic missile and is now co-developing a 5th generation stealth fighter jet and a transport aircraft.

The US is looking at cooperation and not just trade with India. It is not a buyer-seller relationship that the US is pushing for. India is top priority in US arms export considerations and the US is bending rules to respond more rapidly to India's requests for sophisticated equipment and systems & more advanced technologies. "We are improving our government's overall export-control system", India can make some changes too by raising its FDI ceiling from the present 26% to 49%.

India and the US have a lot in common but they also differ in many issues. They may not see eye-to-eye on many fronts but both countries have long-term interests in each other, if not always common approaches. Carter went on to suggest "A joint vision for the US-India defence cooperation".

Defence News - US Offers To Match India's Ally Russia
What exactly are they offering to India???

Global Defence

New threads

Articles