US hints at operation in Pakistan

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned

WASHINGTON: During an interview with the ABC channel on Monday, US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates hinted at carrying out an operation in Pakistan along with Afghanistan in order to root out the Haqqani network, reports said.

Gates said the United States was strengthening its military capabilities in eastern Afghanistan, which, he said was the centre of the Haqqani network.

"Cooperation with Pakistan is being promoted in order to ensure safety on the Pak-Afghan border," Gates said.

While discussion the possibility of taking action against the Haqqani network, Gates hinted that the United States might carry out an operation for that reason in both Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Country flag
Operations have started in Pakistan long ago with the drone attacks and whatever else Blackwater has been upto??

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Those are like covert operations now that the shit has hit the fan usa i think wana go overt into north waziristan to finish off haqqanis .how successful it will be is doubtful keeping in mind the last 9 yrs of fighting in afghanistan.Only easiest way for usa is to use daisy cutters and call in b-2 for carpet bombing whole north waziristan.

Country flag
Those are like covert operations now that the shit has hit the fan usa i think wana go overt into north waziristan to finish off haqqanis .how successful it will be is doubtful keeping in mind the last 9 yrs of fighting in afghanistan.Only easiest way for usa is to use daisy cutters and call in b-2 for carpet bombing whole north waziristan.
if this happens all hell will break loose all over Pakistan, I don't think Pakistan will cooperate, but it will not matter to USA. They want to destabilize the region and they will definetly do it before any official pullout. The Dutch have already announced their troops will pullout.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Whats the flight duration from Diego Garcia to Pindi=heheh

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Possibly to wipe out the camps and thus the Haqqani goons and Haqs himself!

Good luck and God speed!

Happy Hunting!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Whats the flight duration from Diego Garcia to Pindi=heheh
They can still do it from Bagram Airbase of Afghanistan not necessarily fly from Diego Garcia.

I think there will be more drone attacks or more guided attacks from the air-crafts. I think, all this while what US was doing is to prepare the ground for all out offensive against Haqqani's and Hekmatyar's networks.

SHASH2K2

They can still do it from Bagram Airbase of Afghanistan not necessarily fly from Diego Garcia.

I think there will be more drone attacks or more guided attacks from the air-crafts. I think, all this while what US was doing is to prepare the ground for all out offensive against Haqqani's and Hekmatyar's networks.
I am waiting for USA assault on Haqqani's and Hekmatyar's networks .It will be better for all of us.
:emot112:

samarsingh

me sees as a civil war broiling up in Af-Pak. Also for us, the recent unrest in Kashmir Valley should be seen within this context. This is a cause of concern. Uncle Sam and nephew are upto something

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Heard all this before. These hints dont materialize into anything.

By the way Diego Garcia to Pindi is not too far for the B2s.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
US will rip every possible political, economic, military, intelligence gain from Pakistan before officially bombing the theater. It seems Pak has to much to offer to US, since it is alive & going on. But US policy seems whimsical these days. Hard to know what will actually happen....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The little that I can fathom why Pakistan is indispensable to the US is that she has the only land route to move military logistics.

Without regular resupply, the war on terrorism would be lost!

luckyy

if this happens all hell will break loose all over Pakistan, I don't think Pakistan will cooperate, but it will not matter to USA. They want to destabilize the region and they will definetly do it before any official pullout. The Dutch have already announced their troops will pullout.
pakistan army will cooperate like they were cooperating till now , coz that's the only way they can save their fellow talibans from US attacks......and again US UAV's will bombard empty houses and tants ...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The US drones have not bombarded empty houses alone.

Many Taliban leaders have perished including the big dad of the Taliban.

Remember Baitullah Mehsood and his wife who were killed?

Pakistan will have to pay ball with the US since it is the birthright as he who pays the piper calls the tune and the US is paying Pakistan to keep it afloat!

Last edited:

neo29

The third step of the US to destablize pakistan. First was operations in Afghanistan, second was operations in AF-Pak border and Third is operations in Pak to destablize it completely. The money Pak receives is just a gift to keep Pak establishment quiet and not objecting.

US has visited iraq, vietman, north korea and somalia and destablized it. The results are in front of you. Same for Pak. Just sit back and watch the fun.

ganesh177

Country flag
Still pakistan is not iraq and vietnam that US can go hunting so easily. Also WOT comes to end with that.

BunBunCake

WASHINGTON: During an interview with the ABC channel on Monday, US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates hinted at carrying out an operation in Pakistan along with Afghanistan in order to root out the Haqqani network, reports said.

Gates said the United States was strengthening its military capabilities in eastern Afghanistan, which, he said was the centre of the Haqqani network.

"Cooperation with Pakistan is being promoted in order to ensure safety on the Pak-Afghan border," Gates said.

While discussion the possibility of taking action against the Haqqani network, Gates hinted that the United States might carry out an operation for that reason in both Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Title for this completely misleads people. This doesn't mean USA will invade Pakistan like it did to Afghan.

@As LF said. Secret Operations are going on (also released in WikiLeaks), and those will continue for ever..... (of course Obama won't let the public know about that #democracy)

arya

Country flag
well us cant win without operation in Pakistan Pakistan is center of terror

usa should start operation from Indian border and then move towards afghan side

at last they must has to fight in Pakistan with terror group made by ISI and pak army

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles