The USA is a Universal Nation

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
There is also a work ethic and economic combination. In many countries people are happy
doing the bare minimum . In countries like USA you will not be able to buy food or pay rent
without working if you don't have a work ethic you will have to develop one fast. In other
countries you can survive of family it does not work like that here.
The work ethics and social system go hand in Hand.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
How many Parents in India have their Kids work while going to school?
so that's again some thing to do with social values , Isn't it ?

Children working here in India are looked down upon by the society .

I personally love the concept of earning your own pocket money

Country flag
so that's again some thing to do with social values , Isn't it ?

Children working here in India are looked down upon by the society .

I personally love the concept of earning your own pocket money
it makes the kids more independent which is viewed differently in different countries.
Look at Prince Harry going to battle in Afghanistan (second tour of duty)
in many countries a Prince would not be allowed to go to war.

Last edited:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
it makes the kids more independent which is viewed differently in different countries.
Yes . . .cant agree more ,

It enables them to truly take charge of their lives , Imparts Leadership skills.

unlike here in India ,

where parents make decisions for you , right up till middle age .

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Look at Prince Harry going to battle in Afghanistan (second tour of duty)
in many countries a Prince would not be allowed to go to war.

This is a different matter altogether.

Prince Harry is not from US , and neither is he a child

Anyway , I still admire that even among royalty in UK , you still have to earn your Honour

Country flag
Yes . . .cant agree more ,

It enables them to truly take charge of their lives , Imparts Leadership skills.

unlike here in India ,

where parents make decisions for you , right up till middle age .
Many second/third generation kids I see here in USA complain about this they hate that
their parents are trying to arrange a marriage for them. I usually stay out of this
topic but many are my nephews and nieces and makes me wonder about my kids
and i ask them what they think?

Last edited:

average american

In China way I understand it, every kids goes to school,, every kid is tested and if he scores high enough gets advanced schooling weather his family has money or not. Literacy in China is 91 percent, aveage years of education is 11.6. In India literacy is 74.04 with an average of 5.1 years of education.. I wonder how much better off would India be if their children had the same opportunity that China has.

Country flag
In China way I understand it, every kids goes to school,, every kid is tested and if he scores high enough gets advanced schooling weather his family has money or not. Literacy in China is 91 percent, aveage years of education is 11.6. In India literacy is 74.04 with an average of 5.1 years of education.. I wonder how much better off would India be if their children had the same opportunity that China has.
China has a one child policy it is easier to manage this, In India females in many places get
all schooling paid by the government even upto Phd levels. Female literacy levels are higher than males
and probably higher than many other countries. Unfortunately much of this is mixed with politics
and caste based .

Last edited:

pmaitra

LethalForce,

I must say, you have been the best poster in this thread. You have really made your points in a very cogent and persuasive manner.

I agree with everything you have said so far.

Please keep it up.

niharjhatn

I agree with you people can achieve their potential in the USA better then other countries. I think that is the difference.
There is a corlation between people being able to achieve their potential and wealth or between IQ and wealth.
A Few Thoughts on IQ and the Wealth of Nations | VDARE.com
Please don't quote such rubbish "studies".

When you truly meet someone with an IQ less than 80 you will see they are highly suggestible, have difficulty maintaining conversations etc.

The author conveniently disregards some countries (particularly the oil countries) from his analysis as outliers, entirely killing his hypothesis.

Education alone drives up IQ - how then can this be a true reflection of "intelligence" when one can improve at it like any other achievement test?!

Furthermore, testing IQ based of English-language derived questions is an exercise in futility. Even medical mental state assessment tests cannot be adequately interpreted unless familiarity in language is given.

Culturally appropriate and FAIR comparisons (i.e. not comparing the average American to a beggar in another country) needs to be done.

edit
Anyway I love America. As long as they keep KFC around the world and I can stream American Football and basketball online I am happy. Don't really want to visit and get shot, or worse, sent to Gitmo Bay as a terrorist, but maybe when there are enough Mexicans that I can blend in like one. :D

Last edited:

average american

I am not entirely sold on IQ and the Wealth of Nations, but then I am not entirely sure its junk science either. Though when I look at things like the blasphemy charges agains the young girl in Pakistan it makes it hard to belive they have an IQ much higher the 80.

Tolaha

:yawn: It shouldn't be difficult to imagine. Until the 60s, US wasn't aware that Africans in their country were in fact, humans!

Apologies to the rest of the Americans, especially WGE.

Last edited:

niharjhatn

:yawn: It shouldn't be difficult to imagine. Until the 60s, US wasn't aware that Africans in their country were in fact, humans!

Coming from south Africa, It wasn't until the 1990's that the whites were aware that the Blacks were people too!

... a reflection on the British/Dutch descendants IQ then? :D

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Just to be clear, the Voting Rights and Civil Rights Acts in the 60s were passed by Republicans in Congress. The segregationists (and KKK members) were Democrats. Somehow today the Democratic Party wants to smear the Republican Party as racists. And guess which race has the most abortions? (Abortion is a major plank of the Democratic Party.)

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Please don't quote such rubbish "studies".

When you truly meet someone with an IQ less than 80 you will see they are highly suggestible, have difficulty maintaining conversations etc.

The author conveniently disregards some countries (particularly the oil countries) from his analysis as outliers, entirely killing his hypothesis.

Education alone drives up IQ - how then can this be a true reflection of "intelligence" when one can improve at it like any other achievement test?!

Furthermore, testing IQ based of English-language derived questions is an exercise in futility. Even medical mental state assessment tests cannot be adequately interpreted unless familiarity in language is given.

Culturally appropriate and FAIR comparisons (i.e. not comparing the average American to a beggar in another country) needs to be done.

edit
Anyway I love America. As long as they keep KFC around the world and I can stream American Football and basketball online I am happy. Don't really want to visit and get shot, or worse, sent to Gitmo Bay as a terrorist, but maybe when there are enough Mexicans that I can blend in like one. :D
'IQ' is probably the most poorly understood and misused statistic in existence. The vast majority of people who use 'IQ' as part of their argument don't even know what 'IQ' is or what it measures.

aeroblogger

Just to be clear, the Voting Rights and Civil Rights Acts in the 60s were passed by Republicans in Congress. The segregationists (and KKK members) were Democrats. Somehow today the Democratic Party wants to smear the Republican Party as racists. And guess which race has the most abortions? (Abortion is a major plank of the Democratic Party.)
The Republicans stood had a very different platform in the 1960s than they do today. Don't try to justify the neocon agenda by claiming that the same agenda supported liberation. It most certainly did not.

Country flag
The Republicans stood had a very different platform in the 1960s than they do today. Don't try to justify the neocon agenda by claiming that the same agenda supported liberation. It most certainly did not.
Abraham Lincoln was a republican president who freed the slaves.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles