The Chinese are Learning Sanskrit!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@pmaitra You are building a case on one wrong choice of word of a poster and have started your slandering on many people who buy books online and a Author of four books Rajiv Malhotra.

Rajiv Malhotra is an achiever who take on his critics at any given platform and opportunity with most dignified way.

You may be a good reader of Max Muller therefore you deserve more authority on him than others who have been making sweeping statements against him. By the same logic you haven't read Rajiv Malhotra therefore your slandering with red bold alphabets is as moronic as anyone else is doing in this thread.

pmaitra

@pmaitra You are building a case on one wrong choice of word of a poster and have started your slandering on many people who buy books online and a Author of four books Rajiv Malhotra.

Rajiv Malhotra is an achiever who take on his critics at any given platform and opportunity with most dignified way.

You may be a good reader of Max Muller therefore you deserve more authority on him than others who have been making sweeping statements against him. By the same logic you haven't read Rajiv Malhotra therefore your slandering with red bold alphabets is as moronic as anyone else is doing in this thread.
Sorry, I disagree my choice of words is wrong.

My choice of words should not bother or offend you or any poster, because it was directed at Rajiv Malhotra.

I am calling Rajiv Malhotra an idiot because he called Max Müller a swindler. My choice of words is appropriate in response to Rajiv Malhotra's choice of words.

Secondly, I have not read Rajiv Malhotra, so what? Who started slandering? I, Max Müller, or Rajiv Malhotra? You accuse me of slandering Rajiv Malhotra? That is just a half truth. The complete truth is I am responding to Rajiv Malhotra's slandering with counter slandering (though to be fair, I really feel Rajiv Malhotra can be appropriately called an idiot, for spewing the obnoxious drivel).

Returning to the point on which I entered this discussion, allow me to reiterate:
I was countering @Hari Sud, who said none of Max Müller's opinion about India was flattering. All I had to do is give one example to prove him wrong, and I have done so.
Now, if you want to broaden the topic, then please consider the era when Max Müller lived. It was an era when general European attitudes about their colonies was condescending, yet Max Müller, went against the general European attitudes and highlighted the qualities of India and Indians. Max Müller pointed out the bias certain British officials had about India and Indians. If we compare Max Müller against the majority of Europeans at that time, I see clearly that Max Müller had a benevolent and admiring attitude towards India and Indians.

The point is not whether Max Müller's interpretation of Indian texts is correct or not, and the point is also not whether we should rely more on Max Müller's account of Indian texts or an Indian's account of the Indian texts.

The point is very different.
  • The point is, was Max Müller an India hater?
  • Did Max Müller consider Indians inferior?
  • Did Max Müller have any prejudice against India or Indians?
From what I have read of Max Müller, the answer is negative, to each of the three questions.

I would encourage everyone to read Max Müller keeping in mind the era when he wrote whatever he wrote, and then form an opinion about him. It is wrong to form an opinion about Max Müller by reading a third party.

Last edited:

Yumdoot

Max Muller has played with the Indic thought to try to inject his own abrahmic germ into it. You don't have to listen to anybody to find that out. Go read and compare the vernacular and sanskrit commentaries against the ones that were being written about during the times the Brist were around.

Here is a little side by side comparison in just one example:

What is written in sanskrit in just one mantra either cannot be or more probably been deliberately avoided by Max Muller in 5 mantras. The inter-linkages, the understanding that the supporter and dependent constitute one single whole will always be missed by the man who reads Max Muller and decides that MU 2.1.5 to 2.1.9 is about the God making the world in 6 days before gifting it to the ones who will spend time praising him.

Just as important as the matter written is the matter understood and in that respect the Max Mullers and the Indians stand facing completely opposite directions. The foreigners basically took the way of manufacturing commentaries that were in line with their basic Christian thought. For all the brickbats the muslims receive, and despite their rather mule-headedness, even the muslims never tried to meddle with Indian thought to such an extent.

Anyhow that the Chinese are trying to learn Sanskrit only means that they now want to manipulate the Buddhist texts most of which are, well text (unlike Hindu practices) and a lot of which are in Sanskrit (unlike Hindu philosophies which have percolated to vernacular languages and idioms/usages).

The foremost thing to say about people who have ended up loving the sweet poison of westerners is that a system that survives on destroying the essential knowledge about the structure of the world can never be about finding the truth of our darshan.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
: A group of 60 Chinese intellectuals have enrolled at a Buddhist Institute for a free summer camp to study Sanskrit to understand the religious and yoga texts better as the ancient Indian language is becoming popular among the new generation of Chinese in the Communist nation.
If the new generation get carried away by Sanskrit texts...Commies will have their manifesto in Sanskrit in a few years..

These "intellectuals" who enrolled will make Commie version of Yoga and other religious texts. Commies do have a practice of keeping a tight vigil on the directions taken by their clan.

prohumanity

Country flag
You are worrying about commies stealing Yoga......Yoga is already being stolen and being sold in West.every day...and many private businesses are attempting to patent Yoga postures as their intellectual property.
That's why the current Indian govt. is preparing an encyclopedia of Ancient Indian Yoga postures ...basically to protect against profiteers patenting these postures and trying to make profits.

I_PLAY_BAD

This is a wasteful activity as long as there is an outstanding border dispute between the two countries.
First solve the border dispute amicably.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles