Take 'military action' over South China Sea disputes: Chinese paper

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
LOL, I think the game will be very watchful. We will see how many nations will dispear at the game.LOL
But first make sure that you don't make yourself disappear and then you can worry about others and the game.

All China does it talk and no action and bully small nations. China do not have any real guts.

Stop trolling like an idiot if you have nothing good to contribute on this thread

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We will not back off like CCCP at Cuba criss.
There is not a single thing that is similar to the cuban crises.

For one there aren't any missiles being placed there, secondly there isn't a puppet dictator slicing his own people and thirdly there aren't any revolutionaries fighting against the govt.

I wonder what kind of twisted history you have learnt.

Edit: I have found what book you read in school

Last edited:

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
But first make sure that you don't make yourself disappear and then you can worry about others and the game.

All China does it talk and no action and bully small nations. China do not have any real guts.

Stop trolling like an idiot if you have nothing good to contribute on this thread
Trolling ? LOL , How? Why?

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
There is not a single thing that is similar to the cuban crises.

For one there aren't any missiles being placed there, secondly there isn't a puppet dictator slicing his own people and thirdly there aren't any revolutionaries fighting against the govt.

I wonder what kind of twisted history you have learnt.

Edit: I have found what book you read in school

not a single thing? LOL
US back off -->China win
China back off --> US win
China and US both not back off --> none on the earth will win.
LOL

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China has made a very serious strategic blunder in SEA (especially ASEAN) region. It could have been operating under the assumption that these countries, which are small and almost inconsequential, can be picked out individually. What the Chinese did not consider is that ASEAN countries are increasingly thinking as a heard and quiet defensive. When China started picking out the Philippines and Vietnam this immediately raised red flags all over the neighborhood. Now the neighborhood is not only skeptical about China (this is an understatement) they are already modernising their militaries (which they're used to putting in the rear of their periorities), and most importantly they are revitalizing their startegic relationship with their long time security guarantor, the US.

China has just become the new "Evil Empire (lite)" for SEA. This is one blunder that China cannot easily shake off. :tsk:

captonjohn

Country flag
LOL, I think the game will be very watchful. We will see how many nations will dispear at the game.LOL
You better think about yourself because either you'll BACK from your greedy and absurd claims in SCS or you'll BREAK yourself.

agentperry

its big boy hobby to get into mess with neighbor but that big boy should have big muscles and not big belly. china is big fat guy troubling others. in next 20-30 years if this remains the trend than the tech revolution that is spreading in entire asia will wipe out dependency on china and china will be a gone day champ(wannabe)

desicanuk

Re: Take 'military action' over South China Sea disputes: Chinese pape

Den Cheng On Chinese Military & South China Sea Disputes
China appears increasingly willing to escalate tensions along its periphery as it asserts its claims over various disputed islands and shoals.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe recently compared Sino–Japanese relations to 1914, suggesting not only that tensions are on the rise but that there is a real potential for conflict. Yet in the East China Sea, both China and Japan have thus far kept their respective militaries largely away from the disputed Senkaku islands.
However, the situation is far more dangerous in the South China Sea. Not only are there far more claimants, leading to a much more complex situation, but the Chinese have been more willing to employ military force (as opposed to civilian law enforcement vessels generally used) to support their claims. This past week, the Chinese dispatched the Type 052B destroyer Wuhan, the Type 052C destroyer Haikou, and the amphibious ship Changbaishan to James Shoal near the southern extreme of Chinese-claimed waters.
This follows a similar military sortie in March 2013, when five Chinese naval combatants patrolled the waters around the same shoal. That patrol was unprecedented. As one analyst noted at the time, "We've never seen anything like this that far south in terms of quantity or quality."
Under the circumstances, it is understandable that Malaysia, which also claims James Shoal, is reportedly establishing a new navy and marine base at Bintulu, less than 100 miles from the disputed island, after last year's Chinese appearance.
This recent Chinese deployment also occurs in the wake of a near collision between the U.S. cruiser USS Cowpens and a Chinese amphibious ship in the South China Sea. The Chinese claimed that the U.S. ship was operating too close to Chinese vessels—at a distance of 60 miles.
One can only hope that the Chinese, longtime students of history, understand the risks that they are courting as they begin to employ military means to underscore their territorial claims a century after the outbreak of World War I.

Chinese Military Plays Greater Role in South China Sea Disputes

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles