- Mar 21, 2020
This thread is about military, paramilitary, special units, etc of pakistani armed forces
Haha, nice!!Great thread . Add few points here
1. SSG - which includes SSW and SSG-N falls under the Strategic Command of the Pak army. And the SC works hand in hand with the ISI
2. The SSG army is broken into 3 brigade HQs.
3. Zarrar Co is the 'in essense' Tier I tasking of the SSG
- has a subunit in support called the Special Operations Communication Unit - provides elint / sigint and EW capability tk Zarrar down range
4. Musa Company is the water borne tasking with the SSG - basically SSG-N sucks donkeys nuts
5. The Light Commando Batalion while formed to protect Chinese interest in CPEC also functions as a Commando formation to help relieve the SSG of regular commando taskings
6. While SSG is an airborne formation not all units are halo/haho qualified
7. Over 700 operators were KIA during the 2009 anti Taliban campaign in the NWFP. Also becahse they were thrusted with the basic commando taskings that was missing in their normal infantry.
The Average pakistani grunt is well drilled and we'll trained. Same with the SSG. Extremely competent. Their presence goes a big way into how we plan our ops. Not be underestimated at the vary least. They have been leading FID operations against India , Russia and now NATO for decades.
The less said about the SSW and SSG-N the better. Rubber stamp units thats all
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Rebels kill Pakistani Military officer as revenge for Executions||Pakistan||4|
|Pakistanis fleeing military offensive find new dangers in Afghanistan||Pakistan||1|
|Real Challenge not Zawahiri but Pakistani Military Brass||International Politics||7|
|Ban Ki-moon appoints Pakistani general as UN military advisor||Pakistan||7|