Suggestions and Feedback

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Why the heck isn't 'bold' working? Pressing 'B' to format letters/sentences in bold type after highlighting text in a post doesn't seem to work.

And I started two threads today and I don't see them in 'New Posts'! They've done the Houdini act!! Jeeez! Where have they disappeared? Or why aren't they being posted?

Please sort this out!

Thanks. :)
@LurkerBaba ---please see into it. does not work for me either!

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Why aren't my threads being shown? Some have posted the exact news snippets today which I posted yesterday, but my thread is missing since then and not showing up! None of my threads I opened are being shown even in 'new posts'.

What's going on?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Why aren't my threads being shown? I've opened a few but not a single one of them has been published on the forum.

Here are a couple:

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...dia-in-talks-to-buy-us-predator-drones.76097/

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...i-pm-nawaz-sharif-up-for-grabs-on-ebay.76163/

And there are more. The threads don’t even show up in ‘New Posts’.

Please let’s know what’s going on?

And the ‘Bold’ button doesn’t work. I’ve raised these issues earlier but nothing has happened so far.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Traffic is Low on the forum ........ ii try to help by tagging a lot of people to see if they might ant to respond to my posts

but i was informed by another member that the system will react only to the first 5 names , i .e. tagging system is limited to 5 names

do we want more participation on this forum ?

if so one way is to remove that limit of 5 so that more people an be informed of the possibility that they might like to respond to a post

that way we get more participation .....just my thoughts

@LETHALFORCE @Singh @Yusuf @Sakal Gharelu Ustad

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Traffic is Low on the forum ........ ii try to help by tagging a lot of people to see if they might ant to respond to my posts

but i was informed by another member that the system will react only to the first 5 names , i .e. tagging system is limited to 5 names

do we want more participation on this forum ?

if so one way is to remove that limit of 5 so that more people an be informed of the possibility that they might like to respond to a post

that way we get more participation .....just my thoughts

@LETHALFORCE @Singh @Yusuf @Sakal Gharelu Ustad
Too much racism, religious brinkmanship and profanity are an impediment to wider participation. In the past, I raised this with Mods.

Compersion

Country flag
Hi just wanted to drop a note : I noticed my posts and many others post from March 13ish to March 26ish has disappeared. If it is a illusion only to me please ignore.

Many thanks. :india2:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
see the bold is working on google chrome but not on firefox.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Hi just wanted to drop a note : I noticed my posts and many others post from March 13ish to March 26ish has disappeared. If it is a illusion only to me please ignore.

Many thanks. :india2:
There was a problem in sever resulting that all posts and activities committed in that time were lost.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Yeah right, you should first stop posting hateful comments on Paki threads. Poor innocent pakis.. :pound:. How can you brush all pakis as bhikari right?

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...o-home-from-airport.76236/page-2#post-1159543

Too much racism, religious brinkmanship and profanity are an impediment to wider participation. In the past, I raised this with Mods.
Members have right to criticize bad religious ideas as well bogus commie intellectualism. You can go & join other forums if you cannot stomach that or simply ignore such threads.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yeah right, you should first stop posting hateful comments on Paki threads. Poor innocent pakis.. :pound:. How can you brush all pakis as bhikari right?

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...o-home-from-airport.76236/page-2#post-1159543

Members have right to criticize bad religious ideas as well bogus commie intellectualism. You can go & join other forums if you cannot stomach that or simply ignore such threads.
We're not talking about pakis buddy, we're talking about mutual understanding between Indian People.

cannonfodder

Country flag
I know that and using Pakis thread to give an counter example for it. There is no saying who may get offended by what; so what do you want? shut off truth and free speech.

Some members are just getting shadow banned becoz they say inconvenient truth about certain highly intelligent Indian species. There is need to critically examine everything and everybody as group or individual. Members are free to reject or counter those views.

We're not talking about pakis buddy, we're talking about mutual understanding between Indian People.

Last edited:

Neo

May I suggest using the filter to block some derogatory/abusive words and name calling wrt nationality/race/religion? This will certainly add up to the quality of the debate and reduce provocation and trolling. After all behavior breeds behavior.

@pmaitra please delete my post from the moderation announcement thread as I am unable to do so.
Thanks

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
May I suggest using the filter to block some derogatory/abusive words and name calling wrt nationality/race/religion? This will certainly add up to the quality of the debate and reduce provocation and trolling. After all behavior breeds behavior.

@pmaitra please delete my post from the moderation announcement thread as I am unable to do so.
Thanks
A suggestion from me too.
Invite some (nearly a dozen) Pakistanis. Larger will be your number, lesser will be bullying.
@pmaitra we must move that idiotic musings thread into members section but I don't wanna delete it.

Not for targeting Pakistan but those intellegent breeds of PDF who make funny comments deserve to be archived.

pmaitra

A suggestion from me too.
Invite some (nearly a dozen) Pakistanis. Larger will be your number, lesser will be bullying.
@pmaitra we must move that idiotic musings thread into members section but I don't wanna delete it.

Not for targeting Pakistan but those intellegent breeds of PDF who make funny comments deserve to be archived.
You are correct. There is too much filth in that and given the lack of moderation there, it deserves to be in the members's corner. Done as suggested.

Failed Terrorist State of Pakistan: Idiotic Musings

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Why don't you guys assign moderators for specific sub-forums according to a moderator's area of expertise??

This can help the admins review the work of the moderators.

Is this not feasible in the DFI setup?

pmaitra

Why don't you guys assign moderators for specific sub-forums according to a moderator's area of expertise??

This can help the admins review the work of the moderators.

Is this not feasible in the DFI setup?
We had that setup years ago. Many staff members have become inactive. Very few are left to moderate, and not all posts and threads are being reviewed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles