Suggestions and Feedback

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
@Singh Sir

can I get Permission to Post Html Tags ..!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

i am constantly getting this error when i try to reply or post in the form

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
All issues fixed. Let us know if you face any other problems.

Ajesh

When do i get to put a Profile Pic? Need some Photogenic Identity.

ladder

Country flag
When do i get to put a Profile Pic? Need some Photogenic Identity.
Why? can't you do it now?

Goto Settings> In the left hand panel, 3rd block 'Edit Avatar'. Upload or chose one from default and you should be done.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@pmaitra @Yusuf @Singh @Ray

pmaitra sir,

I am sorry if i had violated the forum rules by an ad hominem attack against prohumanity.

The fact is prohumanity started this net duel by calling me " A BENGALI BRAHMIN HIDING UNDER A CHRISTIAN NAME"(post 207 of MT thread http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-has-no-reason-grateful-mother-teresa-15.html)

As per my friend prohumanity a Bengali Hindu cannot use a Christian,Muslim name, that would be called hiding. I did not call or link prohumanity into this thread. I even asked him once to stop telling me to change my avatar name and jackprince even told him that no one is hiding under any name.

Yet he advised me on keeping a Hindu name,our scriptures and all other stuff without looking at my intro and other posts.

Also I do not have any envy towards anyone who lives in US. It may sound a bit of a bragging thing but given the college that I read I too can go there.
I do not envy anyone. You gave me an infraction thinking that I envy him. It will be kind if you go through the previous posts that I made there. I admit I made an adhominem attack against him that could have been avoided.However I was feeling annoyed at his suggestions.

As for him posting all bad things about US, I admit I was wrong in telling him that he should come to India and then talk. I am really sorry for that and I would not do that again. he is free to post whatever he likes and I have no right in trolling him for that.

The only thing is that he should not pester me about the avatar name. The forum rules do not say that I have to choose a Hindu name and not a Christian one.

Thanks,

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well prohumanity and Jus will be under watch since they seem to be crossing the Rubicon.

Watch it shall be. At least by me!

Ray is a Christian name too.

Nothing wrong in being a Christian, right?

pmaitra

@Ray Sir, it was not prohumanity, but Ajesh, who baited Peter [LINK]. Then Peter responded by bragging about his "Brahmin-ness," and how only his people are supposed to know about Hinduism [LINK], to which prohumanity reponded [LINK].

All three of them need to be kept under watch. Regarding jus, I hope he stops flaming in almost every post he writes.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@Ray Sir, it was not prohumanity, but Ajesh, who baited Peter [LINK]. Then Peter responded by bragging about his "Brahmin-ness," and how only his people are supposed to know about Hinduism [LINK], to which prohumanity reponded [LINK].

All three of them need to be kept under watch. Regarding jus, I hope he stops flaming in almost every post he writes.
@pmaitra @Ray

pmaitra sir,

I admit to the fact that I had responded rudely on multiple occasions to prohumanity in other threads which may be seen as a personal attack. I did not mean it.

However I am now being accused of "bragging about his "Brahmin-ness," and how only his people are supposed to know about Hinduism".

I would like all the mods to check this that I never bragged about something and neither did I tell him that I believe only Brahmins can read the Vedas.

I had said that "AS PER THE VEDAs only people of my caste are supposed to know about Hinduism".(http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-has-no-reason-grateful-mother-teresa-14.html) (post 207 of mt thread line 8) The Vedas are sometimes contradictory on varna but usually that is the truth. I am saying it again i do not believe in this jaatived.(evident from all my previous posts here. You can scrutinize check them)

I have never said that I believe in such ideas or restrictions. I have even told in he same post that I do not believe in casteism but in a person`s karma. I have told that I believe in equality and do not practice casteism. It was he who started this flame war by asking me what is my nickname and he was seriously doubting my identity(post 206 of MT thread). I had no reason to give my personal info to him. I was only angered at why there was a need to change my so called Christian avatar name.Also I repeat that I am not bragging about the caste.This is evident from all my previous posts on this forum. I would kindly ask you to go read my post again and check if I have "bragged about my Brahminness"

All I am asking is what was the need of prohumanity to barge into the MT thread and tell me that I was hiding under a Christian name and also tell me that I was afraid of my own identity!!! He then went on a sermon to preach me that that Hindus believe in "Vasudev Kutamban". That all the people in this world are same,that there is nothing to be ashamed of Hinduism etc etc(post 217)

I became enraged at all this and lost my cool. I made an immature decision and asked him to come back to India and then say this things. I did so in a civil manner of course. I admit I had no right in asking a person to change his place and for that you gave me an infraction. The fact is that prohumanity kept on telling me about my hidden Christian name and also about Hinduism which irked me a lot(post 258 of MT thread)."

All I want is that the original post of mine to Ajesh(post 207 of MT thread) be rechecked to see if I had done any bragging or I had said that the words were in the vedas which I do not believe.

Also I hope that I would stay by forum rules from now. I would try to avoid such silly incidents in the future and not launch any ad hominem against any DFIan.

Thanks

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@pmaitra @Ray

pmaitra sir,

I admit to the fact that I had responded rudely on multiple occasions to prohumanity in other threads which may be seen as a personal attack. I did not mean it.

However I am now being accused of "bragging about his "Brahmin-ness," and how only his people are supposed to know about Hinduism".

I would like all the mods to check this that I never bragged about something and neither did I tell him that I believe only Brahmins can read the Vedas.

I had said that "AS PER THE VEDAs only people of my caste are supposed to know about Hinduism".(http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-has-no-reason-grateful-mother-teresa-14.html) (post 207 of mt thread line 8) The Vedas are sometimes contradictory on varna but usually that is the truth. I am saying it again i do not believe in this jaatived.(evident from all my previous posts here. You can scrutinize check them)

I have never said that I believe in such ideas or restrictions. I have even told in he same post that I do not believe in casteism but in a person`s karma. I have told that I believe in equality and do not practice casteism. It was he who started this flame war by asking me what is my nickname and he was seriously doubting my identity(post 206 of MT thread). I had no reason to give my personal info to him. I was only angered at why there was a need to change my so called Christian avatar name.Also I repeat that I am not bragging about the caste.This is evident from all my previous posts on this forum. I would kindly ask you to go read my post again and check if I have "bragged about my Brahminness"

All I am asking is what was the need of prohumanity to barge into the MT thread and tell me that I was hiding under a Christian name and also tell me that I was afraid of my own identity!!! He then went on a sermon to preach me that that Hindus believe in "Vasudev Kutamban". That all the people in this world are same,that there is nothing to be ashamed of Hinduism etc etc(post 217)

I became enraged at all this and lost my cool. I made an immature decision and asked him to come back to India and then say this things. I did so in a civil manner of course. I admit I had no right in asking a person to change his place and for that you gave me an infraction. The fact is that prohumanity kept on telling me about my hidden Christian name and also about Hinduism which irked me a lot(post 258 of MT thread)."

All I want is that the original post of mine to Ajesh(post 207 of MT thread) be rechecked to see if I had done any bragging or I had said that the words were in the vedas which I do not believe.

Also I hope that I would stay by forum rules from now. I would try to avoid such silly incidents in the future and not launch any ad hominem against any DFIan.

Thanks
@Peter,

I am no expert in Hinduism and so cannot comment.

I have seen quite a few posts from all of them which one could terms as 'flamebaits'.

I have not intervened so far thinking that better sense will prevail.

Though I did delete quite a few posts and gave advisories in blue.

pmaitra

This thread is not for discussing subject matter. I hope every member would keep it cordial with each other. Tempers do flare occasionally, but it should not drag on.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
1) If some one likes a post, that like must stay even if the post is edited afterwards. I think this feature will encourage the posters to post more and involve in discussions.

Srinivas_K

Country flag

@jus is mocking every one here, thinks he is smart and every one is inferior.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles