Should JnK map be redrawn within india?

Should JnK map be redrawn within india

• Total voters

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No sane person would hold a grudge against those who are simply not eligible to vote at all , So going by these figures , actual no. of people not voting for BJP (counting the absentees) would just be just 63 crores
and the population of India b t w is 1.23 billion and not 1.27 according to the last estimate. :troll:
Or in other words in a country of over 120 crores only 17 crores are voting for BJP :lol:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
By whom ?

By Punjabies ?? No..

By Sardars ?? NO

By Dogras ?? May be.... may not be... most likely Not
By Punjabis amidst whom they live.

Dogras (If you consider Kangra, Nurpur, Guler, Chamba, Rampur and Jammu all as Dograland ) have much more sturdy and ancient
history than Sikh states of Punjab..
Anyone with an elementary knowledge of timelines, would have to concur here.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
We dogras don't consider ourselves punjabis nor kashmiris. We are unique people. HImachal and Jammu are our motherlands. I agree 100% with this. Good post.
Who is asking you to be subsumed into Punjabis ? If you ask anyone to classify Dogras, they will classify them as similar to Punjabis as a reference point. Same with Seraikis etc.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Who is asking you to be subsumed into Punjabis ? If you ask anyone to classify Dogras, they will classify them as similar to Punjabis as a reference point. Same with Seraikis etc.
Sorry Sir,

Comparing Dogras ( Brahmins and Rajputs and others) with Seraikis ( Gujars, Ahirs and Jats and all low caste Punjabi muslmans) would not be a wise consideration... in the caste and status conscious society like India that would be preposterous..

Similarily Punjabi Jats and Khatries would not be accepted to Dogras...

Disclousure : I am neither Dogra nor a Punjabi but know both quite well..

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Sorry Sir,

Comparing Dogras ( Brahmins and Rajputs and others) with Seraikis ( Gujars, Ahirs and Jats and all low caste Punjabi muslmans) would not be a wise consideration... in the caste and status conscious society like India that would be preposterous..

Dogras are mostly Brahmins and Rajputs. Low castes make up probably a very small percentage. Punjabis have a lot of low castes. Only Punjabi Brahmins are somewhat similar to Dogras.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Ask who? Foreigners will classify all as brown people and won't bother making further distinctions but we Indians know better.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sorry Sir,

Dogra (caste) usually refers to the Rajputs of HP-Jammu and then there is Dogra/Dogri used to refer to all those people who are from that area or speak the dialect. There are lots of jatts (sikh/hindu), khatris, mahajans etc. who have their origin in dogri speaking areas and call themselves dogra/dogris.

Seraikis are called Jhangi/Multani in India. They belong to various castes similar to other Punjabis. Inter-marriage is now common amongst Seraikis and Punjabis, as it is amongst Dogris and Punjabis.

If the songs are to be believe to a Punjabi jatt no one is acceptable. :lol:

Not accepted to Dogras in terms of marriage ? I can say it because I am related to a Himachali Dogra Royal family by way of marriage, and I am a Punjabi.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Dogra (caste) usually refers to the Rajputs of HP-Jammu and then there is Dogra/Dogri used to refer to all those people who are from that area or speak the dialect. There are lots of jatts (sikh/hindu), khatris, mahajans etc. who have their origin in dogri speaking areas and call themselves dogra/dogris.

Seraikis are called Jhangi/Multani in India. They belong to various castes similar to other Punjabis. Inter-marriage is now common amongst Seraikis and Punjabis, as it is amongst Dogris and Punjabis.

Not accepted to Dogras in terms of marriage ? I can say it because I am related to a Himachali Dogra Royal family by way of marriage, and I am a Punjabi.

Congratulations ! Though it may not upgrade you...
Even Scindias of Gwalior are married every where ... even to Rajputs though themselves being scheduled Caste...

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Even Scindias of Gwalior are married every where ... even to Rajputs though themselves being scheduled Caste...
Though we Dogras are superior, we are not racists. We respect all humans whether Punjabi or Nigerians. Both deserve respect.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned

You are a dogra then. You should've told me earlier.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually that family's status has been upgraded but then I digress.

These "royals" usually marry amongst "royals" but then it depends on the circumstances. Scindias are too rich and powerful now, so they are at top of the pecking order.

Deo Family of Orissa has married into Patiala Royal Family, so has K Natwar Singh.

Late Bhawani Singh's daughter married his ADC.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Though we Dogras are superior, we are not racists. We respect all humans whether Punjabi or Nigerians. Both deserve respect.
On basis of race, any discrimination is bad but if you think that Nigerians who cut genitals of their small female children deserve to be respected, I disagree.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Dogras are very friendly to South Indians. They are generally stereotyped as beautiful people with exotic features in Jammu. It's true- a lot of dogras love dark skin and south indian features like big eyes. There is zero racism in Jammu or Himachal I can say that with confidence. It is not like Punjab where you have aversion to dark skin and rampant racism. Dogras don't care about skin colour.

Last edited:

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
On basis of race, any discrimination is bad but if you think that Nigerians who cut genitals of their small female children deserve to be respected, I disagree.
Nigerian was an example. All cultures have bad practices but doesnt mean we should hate other cultures/races.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Dogras are very friendly to South Indians. They are generally stereotyped as beautiful people with exotic features in Jammu. It's true- a lot of dogras love dark skin and south indian features like big eyes. There is zero racism in Jammu or Himachal I can say that with confidence. It is not like Punjab where you have aversion to dark skin and rampant racism. Dogras don't care about skin colour.
My brother who studies there feels same. However, racism of Punjabis is limited to Jat sikhs who have crap theories of "martial race" and one jat equal to 33 Lalas. Other castes in Punjab are racist but not that much.

There is zero racism in N India minus Punjab and Delhi.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Nigerian was an example. All cultures have bad practices but doesnt mean we should hate other cultures/races.
Man, You should give good examples. Nigerians are not liked even by other africans, that is the point and do know that black africans are most indophobic in world for they are jealous of Indians as Indians are only dark skinned who have great history.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles