Russia : Export version of S-400 for China to be ready in 2017

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
==

Russia will start exports of the S-400 Triumph air defense missile systems to China no earlier than 2017, a source in the defense industry told RIA Novosti on the condition of anonymity.
"An export version of the S-400 Triumph air defense missile will have been developed by 2017 with the Chinese to be the first clients," the source said.
Russia currently has four S-400 regiments - two in the Moscow region, one in the Baltic Fleet and one in the Eastern Military District.
By 2020, Russia is to have 28 S-400 regiments, each comprised of two battalions, mainly in maritime and border areas.
In early June, Russian Defense Ministry said there were no plans to export the S-400, which will be produced only for the Russian Armed Forces.
The S-400 Triumph, which succeeds the Soviet-era S-300, is a medium- to long-range surface-to-air missile system that can effectively engage any aerial target, including aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and cruise and ballistic missiles at up to 400 kilometers and an altitude of up to 30 kilometers.

S-400 Triumf air missile defense system

CherrywoodHunter

yep, s-400, together with mig-29, mig-35 and t-90. bundle deal. prolly brahmos missile included too, upon india's permission.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
China already operates iirc a Brahmos derivative Yakhont.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China require AD systems as it is critical to its defence profile.

nimo_cn

Country flag
It never surprises me that Indians were ripped off by Russian over the second-hand AC deal, they are just so naive

drkrn

hopefully not.Russia cant give such hi-tech products for them to get counterfeited

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
It never surprises me that Indians were ripped off by Russian over the second-hand AC deal, they are just so naive
Nothing to do with the topic of AD system.

But a site pest must do what a site pest must do.

GromHellscream

Sell them to someone else with price doubled will be the better option for Russia.

mikhail

Country flag
China already operates iirc a Brahmos derivative Yakhont.
from what i know Yakont isn't a super cruise missile like the brahmos.the reality is that the chinis don't have anything in their arsenal which can even come close to the brahmos and i don't think they will get their hands on the brahmos in the near future without India's permission!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles