RFP issued for India navy amphibious vessels (LHD or LPD type)

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We ll take another 2 or 3 years to sign the contract so we can definitely see some increase in cost.
What makes you think the Koreans or anybody else will not increase the cost , inflationary increases are the norm not the exception. the French will surely increase prices on the basis of inflation but so will the brits, the Koreans the Spanish or anybody else for that matter!

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag

plugwater

What makes you think the Koreans or anybody else will not increase the cost , inflationary increases are the norm not the exception. the French will surely increase prices on the basis of inflation but so will the brits, the Koreans the Spanish or anybody else for that matter!
Everyone will increase the cost. But my point is we wont buy mistral for what Russian bought from french.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Everyone will increase the cost. But my point is we wont buy mistral for what Russian bought from french.
No we won't and the french will not be able to build more mistrals for themselves at their earlier prices.

pankaj nema

Country flag
^^^ ARMAND Please tell the Latest news about UAE Rafale deal

in Pakistani Forum it was said that UAE Mirage 2000-9 is available for 20 million Euros

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
itis better not to go with the mistral as we have already had a bad experience with scorpene.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India could easily issue the planned tender for new submarines... but no. Don't know MDL acronym, but it is IN that is screaming for them to replenish obsolete depleted numbers.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I Think the recent Tieup between MDL and Pipavav may have something to do with this deal as well, i believe DCNS is going to propose construction at PIPAVAV along with MDL.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If not Mistral , than what about this one .....

Navantia was responsible for much of the tie ups in ToT to India in the Scorpene deal... that is partly why France ended cooperation with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

agentperry

the deal between private and govt shipyard is to enhance production capacity. the designs of warships are made by govt agencies and are actualized by govt shipyards. but as the workload on govt shipyard is at all time high. the govt is in big tussle as necessity to enlarge shipyards while not affecting its active capacity.so the stop gap measure is to rope in pvt shipyards they have huge production capability and what will happen is that the designs of ships in the making wil be shared with the pvt shipyards which will produce them. result is the doubling of capacity without burden on govt to enlarge the shipyard.
in later stages with the experience of making warships and the designs they meanwhile study, pvt shipyards may come up with their own designs and we see pvt involvement getting healthier. things may go downhill to when pvt shipyard just focus on making money by this tender and ToT process.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I Think the recent Tieup between MDL and Pipavav may have something to do with this deal as well, i believe DCNS is going to propose construction at PIPAVAV along with MDL.
Which yard is PIPAVAV?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
If not Mistral , than what about this one .....

The Canberra class LHD is quite a bit larger than the stipulated length of 200mtrs also it's gonna cost a lot more as of 2007 the Australians contracted to buy two ships from Navantia at $3billion,Canberra class landing helicopter dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i.e nearly twice the amount the Russians paid($1.7billion) for two Mistrals this year.Russia signs $1.7 bln deal for 2 French warships | Russia | RIA Novosti
Simply put the LHD is not going to be cost effective.

However is cost was not a barrier i would have gone for the "America Class amphibious assault ship" these buggers would be the same size as the vikramaditya.and be able to field F-35's on top of that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_America_(LHA-6)

Last edited by a moderator:

New threads

Articles