Portuguese navy ship to reach Goa on Nov 12

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You want to learn something from China? Learn how not to be the world's canooli, how not to make rancorous statements, without having the power to back them up; and how not to go about international co-operation and political-ideology self-seeking.
Everyone as I said has something to learn from. I want to GOI to learn from China how to be assertive; I want GOI to have the b@!!s to stand their ground when it comes to national safety of India not like the BEGGARS THAT MANMOHAN WENT WITH HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS TO SHARM EL SHEIKH and BEGGED Pakistan like a ninny to "stop terrorism" (It was so pathetic that I couldn't bear to read the part about it). I want GOI to learn how to crush terrorism rightly and brutally without having bloody third rate traitors like Geelani and Arundhati Roy not violate the respect and glory of our motherland from their cheap mouths; I want GOI to learn learn the true bloody meaning of democracy without terrorist appeasement like what we saw in Delhi with invitation of Yasin Malik and Geelani and ignoring of the big bloody Bangladeshi problem we have.

If this is called learning from China, then I applaud China for one thing:

They are more concerned about order and peace in their country than to wag tail like a dog in front of some foreign governments and earn the "goood boy" pat on the head.

It is because of immature thinking like you said that we screwed up big time in Burma and Nepal, both of who could be our key allies. We should have not cared to be the US lapdog of democracy and be more direct in addressing the people of these 2 nations where we had a big chance. Fortunately this pathetic government got the cold feet last moment and engaged Burmese. Otherwise we would have had the string of Pearls complete by now around us.

Chinese might be our enemies; but they retain their fierce warrior-strategist thinking that most Indians today have lost from their past in the name of "political correctness".

We're dancing around this question again. You fail to answer me: if your so-called definition of 'Indian pride' means more to you than a few bucks, then why are we still trading with the United States?, are we still part of the commonwealth? and still looking for cooperation with the Central Asian countries?
What is wrong in trading with US? Have they ruled us? Have they colonized us? No. They sanctioned us and supported Pakistan at a time when Russia supported us against them. It is an even game. I am not a silly commie to raise the defunct concept of "proletariat rise against imperialists" slogan with which commies worldwide spread farce. Being a part of Commonwealth doesn't mean that we celebrate our torture and massacres what British rulers imposed on us. Heck! Just before the games, their PM came to us with arms open.

This doesn't equal celebrating GOA INQUISITION? Don't you get it or what? And what has Central Asia got to do with this? They have been a part of Russian/Soviet empire and hence have ties with us. Please explain.

Your logic befuddles me. The Chinese can suffer the worst human democide in post-World War history and still cooperate with Japan, and that cooperation is 'in no way comparable' to India's cooperation with Portugal?
But Chinese don't go running around celebrating Nanjing massacre. Here we are inviting them for the purpose of celebrating GOA INQUISITION. Think.

A 'lot of Chinese' ships pass through the entire trading zone, then why cooperate with Japan on fighting piracy? Especially when Okinawa is no hub of trading piracy? When there are a million other naval powers, with acerbic pasts that one could cooperate with? and when China is no naval midget?
Finland has the lowest crime rate on earth... does it mean that there are no rapists, criminals and thugs there? Chinese retain their pride and not celebrate their anniversaries of domination. We are just doing that.

You're talkin' a load of crap. What "please European" brigade? Everybody that does not conform to your idea of the national interest, is bending over to 'please' others? Can you for once imagine, that we may not have the same concept of the national interest at heart, but are still deeply indebted to our nation?
'Please Europeans' brigade means to welcome them to celebrate a bloody tragedy and refers to those dumbheads who are welcoming these people on the basis of some fictitious "common culture" grounds!! Is that so difficult for you to understand or do I have to write in Hindi for you? The point is, you don't have to conform to my school of thought; but you have to see when to keep national image high and not cower down.

True pride is not wallowing over yourself in a corner, it is about playing the game other have played with you- and beating them at it.
Thanks for the information, Einstein. What game is the "amazing" GOI playing by inviting a Portuguese ship to celebrate the anniversary of a tragedy that killed thousands? Can't they play this game by simply inviting Portuguese ministers to Delhi, have a lavish set of trade agreements, show them a ceremonial march past and be done with it? Won't this impress the Portuguese of our military, financial and capabilities enough, that we have to take the extra honour of inviting their ship that just ransacked Goa's indigenous way of life?

I don't see where you are going with accepting such a celebration. This could be a regular visit like how Cameron or Obama or Putin came to India, have some military shows, sign some big ticket deals, shake hands and clear the air with it. What have I mentioned so silly that you are ready to accept such a tragic celebration?

Rage

DFI TEAM
Everyone as I said has something to learn from. I want to GOI to learn from China how to be assertive; I want GOI to have the b@!!s to stand their ground when it comes to national safety of India not like the BEGGARS THAT MANMOHAN WENT WITH HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS TO SHARM EL SHEIKH and BEGGED Pakistan like a ninny to "stop terrorism" (It was so pathetic that I couldn't bear to read the part about it). I want GOI to learn how to crush terrorism rightly and brutally without having bloody third rate traitors like Geelani and Arundhati Roy not violate the respect and glory of our motherland from their cheap mouths; I want GOI to learn learn the true bloody meaning of democracy without terrorist appeasement like what we saw in Delhi with invitation of Yasin Malik and Geelani and ignoring of the big bloody Bangladeshi problem we have.
For one, you have to get your facts right.

This government has done more about Bangladesh than any preceding government. Have you considered for once, that the coming to power of Sheikh Hasina may not exactly be a coincidence, that the operations with RAW agents in Dhaka flushing out scumbags may not exactly be occasional, and that the building of the fence along the porous border may not necessarily be a 'showpiece'. BSF personnel have recorded a marked drop in suspected illegal immigrants <who they have a good gauge over via their human network>.

Here give yourself a read:

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/states/assam/terrorist_outfits/ULFA_tl.htm

How do you reach the conclusion that Manmohan Singh "begged" Pakistan to stop terrorism? From media reporting?

This is a better reporting of the incident, from a far more credible, yet local, source:

http://svaradarajan.blogspot.com/2009/07/no-sell-out-at-sharm-el-sheikh.html

Geelani's invitation to Delhi was absurd no doubt, but it had nothing to do with the Delhi government.

You're getting all riled up about &hit, &hit that riles me up too. But you're not imputing the blame where it belongs.

If this is called learning from China, then I applaud China for one thing:

They are more concerned about order and peace in their country than to wag tail like a dog in front of some foreign governments and earn the "goood boy" pat on the head.

It is because of immature thinking like you said that we screwed up big time in Burma and Nepal, both of who could be our key allies. We should have not cared to be the US lapdog of democracy and be more direct in addressing the people of these 2 nations where we had a big chance. Fortunately this pathetic government got the cold feet last moment and engaged Burmese. Otherwise we would have had the string of Pearls complete by now around us.
Whoa whoa whoa! Before you accuse me of "immature thinking" and the like, you better take a good hard look at yourself.

You're advocating the same kind of nonsense, that has made China a political pariah for decades. The only reason China is respected today besides its obvious economic strength, is that its rising status has tempered its arrogance. For years, it has talked &hit about taking back Taiwan. What has it done? Today it realizes, that when the United States makes multi-million dollar arms sales to the island country, a simple statement, without all the bally-hooing, will suffice. You have a lot to learn about government. I suggest you start by taking a level head.

Chinese might be our enemies; but they retain their fierce warrior-strategist thinking that most Indians today have lost from their past in the name of "political correctness".
'Fierce warrior-strategist thinking'. You crack me up.

Do yourself a favor and watch the evolution of Chinese foreign policy over time.

What is wrong in trading with the US? Have they ruled us? Have they colonized us? No. They sanctioned us and supported Pakistan at a time when Russia supported us against them. It is an even game. I am not a silly commie to raise the defunct concept of "proletariat rise against imperialists" slogan with which commies worldwide spread farce. Being a part of Commonwealth doesn't mean that we celebrate our torture and massacres what British rulers imposed on us. Heck! Just before the games, their PM came to us with arms open.
What is wrong with doing business with a country that stabs you in the back? That sanctioned you into international isolation? That produced the same technological disparity and economic conditions, because of which your people had to starve in the millions? That sells arms to you, and consistently sells 'parity' arms to your nearest rival? That has historically, supplied them with even more sophisticated arms than you received from your sponsors? That fomented the several terror groups and created the same shackles, with which our enemy binds us in Kashmir? And with which hundreds, upon thousands, of our soldiers and civilians have spilt their blood? Business is business, ain't it?

This doesn't equal celebrating GOA INQUISITION? Don't you get it or what? And what has Central Asia got to do with this? They have been a part of Russian/Soviet empire and hence have ties with us. Please explain.
Don't I get it? You're asking me IF I DON'T GET IT? What the f&ck is wrong with you, kiddo? I'm asking you: what pains you so much, when the Goans themselves have moved on? When they consider themselves, nothing BUT, Indians? And when the only 'welcome' a Portuguese ship from that era would get, is from cantankerous old men, too old and senile to spot the difference.

Here is the 'rousing' reception the Portuguese ship received on its visit:

http://www.oheraldo.in/news/Local News/Portuguese-ship-anchors-in-Goa/42859.html

But Chinese don't go running around celebrating Nanjing massacre. Here we are inviting them for the purpose of celebrating GOA INQUISITION. Think.
Are you for real? The Chinese're cooperating with Japan, despite the Nanjing massacre. Despite the worst foreign inflicted human democide in Post-WW2 history.

Nobody in Goa is "celebrating" the inquisition. You take the Goans for a bunch of c@@ns?

THINK.

Finland has the lowest crime rate on earth... does it mean that there are no rapists, criminals and thugs there? Chinese retain their pride and not celebrate their anniversaries of domination. We are just doing that.
We are not 'celebrating' anything boyyo. Get that outta your head once.

We have naval ships patrolling the Gulf of Aden, and could cooperate with Spain. Does that mean we don't cooperate with Portugal? Does that mean we give up on joint projects, on surveillance, on trade, etc. with a European country? Because of an inquisition, that the victims of Goa have forgotten, but whose skeletons people like you and the BJP want to impose?

'Please Europeans' brigade means to welcome them to celebrate a bloody tragedy and refers to those dumbheads who are welcoming these people on the basis of some fictitious "common culture" grounds!! Is that so difficult for you to understand or do I have to write in Hindi for you? The point is, you don't have to conform to my school of thought; but you have to see when to keep national image high and not cower down.
ROTFLMAO. Tell you what son, you need to make a trip down to Goa to see exactly how 'common' the culture really is.

National image is not "maintained" by bawling out loud in a corner. It's maintained by decisively taking advantage of all your neighbors- past, present and future. And a 90% trade gap, joint projects in several industries that benefits us, and possible naval cooperation in the Alborran sea is just that.

Is that too difficult to understand for you?

Thanks for the information, Einstein. What game is the "amazing" GOI playing by inviting a Portuguese ship to celebrate the anniversary of a tragedy that killed thousands? Can't they play this game by simply inviting Portuguese ministers to Delhi, have a lavish set of trade agreements, show them a ceremonial march past and be done with it? Won't this impress the Portuguese of our military, financial and capabilities enough, that we have to take the extra honour of inviting their ship that just ransacked Goa's indigenous way of life?
Newton, GoI ain't celebrating any inquisition, disquisition, recognition or perquisition. It is heralding the start of a coalition- one that stands to benefit us, far more than it stands to benefit them.

This ship? You gotta be kiddin'me. Here's a little on the NPR Sagres

The NRP Sagres is a tall ship and school ship of the Portuguese Navy since 1961.

The three-masted ship was launched under the name Albert Leo Schlageter on 30 October 1937 at Blohm & Voss in Hamburg for the German navy (Kriegsmarine). It thus is a sistership of the Gorch Fock, the Horst Wessel, and the Romanian training vessel Mircea. Another sister, Herbert Norkus, was not completed, while Gorch Fock II was built in 1958 by the Germans to replace the ships lost after the war. The ship was named after Albert Leo Schlageter, who was executed in 1923 by French forces occupying the Ruhr area.

Following a number of international training voyages, the ship was used as a stationary office ship after the outbreak of World War II and was only put into ocean-going service again in 1944 in the Baltic Sea. On 14 November 1944 she hit a Soviet mine off Sassnitz and had to be towed to port in Swinemünde. Eventually transferred to Flensburg, she was taken over there by the Allies when the war ended and finally confiscated by the United States.

In 1948, the US sold her to Brazil for a symbolic price of $5000 USD.[1] She was towed to Rio de Janeiro, and for Brazil she sailed as a school ship for the Brazilian Navy under the name Guanabara. In 1961, the Portuguese Navy bought her to replace the old school ship Sagres II (which was transferred to Hamburg, where she is a museum ship under her original name Rickmer Rickmers). The Portuguese Navy renamed her Sagres (the third ship of that name), and she is still in service.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRP_Sagres_III

I don't see where you are going with accepting such a celebration. This could be a regular visit like how Cameron or Obama or Putin came to India, have some military shows, sign some big ticket deals, shake hands and clear the air with it. What have I mentioned so silly that you are ready to accept such a tragic celebration?
I don't see how you don't get it into your crack head that I'm not 'accepting' any such celebration. Because I'm also a political science student, I know that visceral 'outrageous reactions will get you nowhere. If you want to be smart, yes, you have to play the game. And if that game means symbolism, for concrete gains, then so be it. Especially, and this is key, because the people you mire in symbolism are already over it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles