PM Modi to attend meet on Indic thought

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...tend-meet-on-indic-thought/article7597750.ece

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that he will visit Bodh Gaya to attend a conference on Hindu-Buddhist thought, thereby raising the profile of an event being seen as a new kind of “track two” on Indic thought and philosophy. He had earlier cancelled a visit to the temple while in Gaya for a political rally early in August.

Mr. Modi will visit Bodh Gaya on Sept. 5, the last day of the conference, which starts on September 2. The conference titled, ‘A Global Hindu-Buddhist Initiative on Conflict Avoidance and Environment Consciousness’, is being organised by the Vivekananda International Foundation (VIF), which finds itself in sympathy with Sangh Parivar ideology and has contributed many officials and Ministers from among its office-bearers to the present government, including National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, Nripendra Misra.

Apart from the VIF, the International Buddhist Foundation and the Japanese think tank Tokyo Foundation are involved in the event.

The idea was first articulated during Mr. Modi’s visit to Japan last year, where it was felt that there needed to be an assertion of Indic thought over the prevailing dominance of Abrahamic religions and philosophies.

Speakers at the conference include not just the Prime Minister, but External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, writer Sudha Murthy and various Dharam gurus of Hinduism and Buddhism.

Awesome news. So I think any doubts we might have on whether Modi is a Hindu nationalist or not can be put to rest now. Felt proud to be a Modi voter on reading this news.

What do you guys think? @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @rock127 @Rowdy @DingDong @VIP @hit&run @Ancient Indian @jackprince @Bangalorean @Prakash_Dr :biggrin2:

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
More than the conference I like that VIF is behind this initiative. I have always preferred policy decisions backed by a think tank rather a politician or a political party.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...tend-meet-on-indic-thought/article7597750.ece

Awesome news. So I think any doubts we might have on whether Modi is a Hindu nationalist or not can be put to rest now. Felt proud to be a Modi voter on reading this news.

What do you guys think? @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @rock127 @Rowdy @DingDong @VIP @hit&run @Ancient Indian @jackprince @Bangalorean @Prakash_Dr :biggrin2:
Good job. We should expand this further by roping in representatives from SE Asia/East Asia .... Hindu+Buddhist + Sanskrit. This may become THE premium conference on Indic thoughts.
But the infra in Bodh gaya is pathetic. So it will take time. and monies.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Good initiative. :rock:

Indian Philosophy(Dharmic Religions) describes this world in a proper way.

Buddhism describes this world in a very practical way and one of the best things it teaches is following a Middle Path.

Also it's a good way to connect to great countries like Japan.

Abhijat

Country flag
Hopes that it gives rise to a new "developmental" model , an environmental conscious one, where sustainability and not greed is the goal.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I watched the complete video and all the speakers stressed the need to change the way conflicts are being dealt with around the world. The indirect focus is conflict in Middle East and the terrorist training camps in our neighbouring country.

I think the Asian nations who follow the philosophy closer to Hinduism and Buddhist will gain the grounds and might help bring peace among nations.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles