Pakistan ranked 124th amid 144 economies

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I wouldn't talk about that as I don't have enough knowledge on the topic. But my question remains the same, should we dirty our conscience just because our enemies have done that too?

Same is the case with India. The people what books teach them. Look at farhaan's post claiming pakistan has always been separate from India.
Dude, I am not laughing on the deaths of Pakistanis (e.g. 246 killed in factory fire), I am laughing on their foolish Islamic mentality and beggar conditions due to it. They deserve the sarcastic laughs !!

Same is the case with India. The people what books teach them. Look at farhaan's post claiming pakistan has always been separate from India.
Pakistan is an aggressor, do you agree on it? They attacked us 4 times, and they broke the cease fire innumerable times at LoC, we Indians haven't done such things. Yet all the Pakistanis think that Indians attacked them :lol: Pakistanis are brainwashed people you can not argue with them, they are living in ever-denial mode if you show them proofs they reject it calling anti-Islamic propaganda by Xians and Hindus, in short "they wont change". The Jihadi and Ghazi mentality will keep instigating them to wage Jihad against India and Hindus of Pakistan.

What I have been saying to you in all my posts is Pakistan is a Satan, Satan will agree to be eternally damned but he can not change himself! The age when we used to show right cheek if slapped on the left has gone, if you do it in this age they will cut your carotid artery with a blade. :thumb:

Regards!

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
A case is said to be proven when it has been proven in a court of law, and not otherwise. It doesn't matter how many people have witnessed it.

And please come back to main topic of discussion.
Brother the main topic of discussion is Pakistan's economic quagmire and not the Indian introspection on Pakistan bashing. :)
If you guys wish to continue on the latter, please create a new thread and provide to and fro links in both threads to link the discussion.
I can't imagine forking out each post of half a dozen pages into the new thread one by one.

The thread needs to go back to topic now. :namaste:
For starters, please look at the Pew report on Pakistan. It has plenty of statistics on Pakistan's economy.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...vey-pakistan-2012-full-report.html#post568900

Defcon 1

Country flag
Dude, I am not laughing on the deaths of Pakistanis (e.g. 246 killed in factory fire), I am laughing on their foolish Islamic mentality and beggar conditions due to it. They deserve the sarcastic laughs !!

Pakistan is an aggressor, do you agree on it? They attacked us 4 times, and they broke the cease fire innumerable times at LoC, we Indians haven't done such things. Yet all the Pakistanis think that Indians attacked them :lol: Pakistanis are brainwashed people you can not argue with them, they are living in ever-denial mode if you show them proofs they reject it calling anti-Islamic propaganda by Xians and Hindus, in short "they wont change". The Jihadi and Ghazi mentality will keep instigating them to wage Jihad against India and Hindus of Pakistan.

What I have been saying to you in all my posts is Pakistan is a Satan, Satan will agree to be eternally damned but he can not change himself! The age when we used to show right cheek if slapped on the left has gone, if you do it in this age they will cut your carotid artery with a blade. :thumb:

Regards!
It is true that pakistan is an aggressor. I wouldn't talk about LOC ceasefire violation as their media reports we did it. Its our word versus theirs.

Your post shows that you believe that pakistanis are somehow evil, maybe its in their genes. They had the same genes when they were a part of India, so what happened after that? Every person has inborn goodness. Labelling someone as a born evil is not correct.

Brother the main topic of discussion is Pakistan's economic quagmire and not the Indian introspection on Pakistan bashing. :)
If you guys wish to continue on the latter, please create a new thread and provide to and fro links in both threads to link the discussion.
I can't imagine forking out each post of half a dozen pages into the new thread one by one.

The thread needs to go back to topic now. :namaste:
For starters, please look at the Pew report on Pakistan. It has plenty of statistics on Pakistan's economy.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...vey-pakistan-2012-full-report.html#post568900
As I have said already, I tried creating another thread a few months ago. It was closed. Anyways, this discussion is much better than the usual ranting that is seen on such threads.

Blackwater

Because this was never an economic thread to begin with. This was a bashing and fun making thread.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has been ranked among bottom 20 of the 144 economies around the world in The Global Competitiveness Report 2012-2013, released Wednesday by the World Economic Forum.

According to the Global Competitiveness Report (GCR) 2012-13, Pakistan lacks a long-term view of competitiveness. The level of corruption and poor governance are some of the factors slowing down Pakistan's economic growth, therefore ranking Pakistan at 124 among 144 other countries on the index. The World Economic Forum ranks countries on more than 100 economic indicators comparing 144 countries.

"Persisting divides in competitiveness across regions and within regions, particularly in Europe, are at the origin of the turbulence we are experiencing today, and this is jeopardizing our future prosperity." said Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum. "We urge governments to act decisively by adopting long-term measures to enhance competitiveness and return the world to a sustainable growth path."

Pakistan's secured ranking on 12 pillars: institutions (115), infrastructure (116), macroeconomic environment (139), Health and Primary Education (117) Higher Education and Training (124), Goods Market Efficiency (97), Labor Market Efficiency (130) Financial Market Development (73), Technological Readiness (118), Market Size (30), Business Sophistication (78) and Innovation (77).

'Pakistan has lost its competitive advantage almost on all the pillars of the competitiveness index except for in Health, Primary Education and Labor market Efficiency' says Amir Jahangir Chief Executive Officer Mishal Pakistan, country partner for the Center of Global Competitiveness and Performance at the World Economic Forum. Further adding, although Pakistan showed good performance on the innovation and sophistication pillars, but on the factors for basic requirements and efficiency enhancer pillars Pakistan continues to show poor performance.

The Pakistani business community has identified Corruption as the most problematic factor for doing business in the country. The report indicates that Pakistan has failed to come up with effective regulations on intellectual property protection, where the country lost its position of 93 to 108 from 2011 to 2012 respectively. Poor governance in terms of favoritism in decision-making (129) and wastefulness of government spending (96) have also shown significant decline in rankings.

The Efficiency of Legal Framework in Challenging Regulations has also impacted the competitiveness of Pakistan's economy as it has declined from 79 in 2011 to 97 in 2012.

The law and order situation has been a serious threat to the economic activities, with war on terror and other target killing issues impacting throughout the year, the Reliability of Police Service has gone to 127 in the current year as compared to 116 in the last year.

On the Macroeconomic Pillar the government's performance has been weak with the budget balance ranking (% of GDP) deteriorating from 108 to 125 from 2011 to 2012 respectively. The general government debt has also seen poor performance as it has lost 11 points from last year, by being ranked at 107 in the current year.

Although Pakistan ranked 41 in 2011 on the Tax Collection Efficiency index, however the economy has lost its competitive advantage due to decline in 2012 by ranking to 59, limitations on the ease of access to loans and venture capital availability, where Pakistan stands at 65 and 55 respectively.

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Defcon 1

Country flag

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has been ranked among bottom 20 of the 144 economies around the world in The Global Competitiveness Report 2012-2013, released Wednesday by the World Economic Forum.

According to the Global Competitiveness Report (GCR) 2012-13, Pakistan lacks a long-term view of competitiveness. The level of corruption and poor governance are some of the factors slowing down Pakistan's economic growth, therefore ranking Pakistan at 124 among 144 other countries on the index. The World Economic Forum ranks countries on more than 100 economic indicators comparing 144 countries.

"Persisting divides in competitiveness across regions and within regions, particularly in Europe, are at the origin of the turbulence we are experiencing today, and this is jeopardizing our future prosperity." said Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum. "We urge governments to act decisively by adopting long-term measures to enhance competitiveness and return the world to a sustainable growth path."

Pakistan's secured ranking on 12 pillars: institutions (115), infrastructure (116), macroeconomic environment (139), Health and Primary Education (117) Higher Education and Training (124), Goods Market Efficiency (97), Labor Market Efficiency (130) Financial Market Development (73), Technological Readiness (118), Market Size (30), Business Sophistication (78) and Innovation (77).

'Pakistan has lost its competitive advantage almost on all the pillars of the competitiveness index except for in Health, Primary Education and Labor market Efficiency' says Amir Jahangir Chief Executive Officer Mishal Pakistan, country partner for the Center of Global Competitiveness and Performance at the World Economic Forum. Further adding, although Pakistan showed good performance on the innovation and sophistication pillars, but on the factors for basic requirements and efficiency enhancer pillars Pakistan continues to show poor performance.

The Pakistani business community has identified Corruption as the most problematic factor for doing business in the country. The report indicates that Pakistan has failed to come up with effective regulations on intellectual property protection, where the country lost its position of 93 to 108 from 2011 to 2012 respectively. Poor governance in terms of favoritism in decision-making (129) and wastefulness of government spending (96) have also shown significant decline in rankings.

The Efficiency of Legal Framework in Challenging Regulations has also impacted the competitiveness of Pakistan's economy as it has declined from 79 in 2011 to 97 in 2012.

The law and order situation has been a serious threat to the economic activities, with war on terror and other target killing issues impacting throughout the year, the Reliability of Police Service has gone to 127 in the current year as compared to 116 in the last year.

On the Macroeconomic Pillar the government's performance has been weak with the budget balance ranking (% of GDP) deteriorating from 108 to 125 from 2011 to 2012 respectively. The general government debt has also seen poor performance as it has lost 11 points from last year, by being ranked at 107 in the current year.

Although Pakistan ranked 41 in 2011 on the Tax Collection Efficiency index, however the economy has lost its competitive advantage due to decline in 2012 by ranking to 59, limitations on the ease of access to loans and venture capital availability, where Pakistan stands at 65 and 55 respectively.

:frusty::frusty::frusty:
Your point friend?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
But my question remains the same, should we dirty our conscience just because our enemies have done that too?

1. Re:conscience yes depending on trade off/returns. For eg hitting at Pakistan during Khalistan insurgency had a lot of bang for the buck. But hitting Pak right now wouldn't make sense.

2. Do you think its Pak govt propaganda that is responsible for these people being brainwashed, and one fine day they'll accept India as a friend ? Bro wake up and smell the overbrewed tea.

Sent from the future

Defcon 1

Country flag
1. Re:conscience yes depending on trade off/returns. For eg hitting at Pakistan during Khalistan insurgency had a lot of bang for the buck. But hitting Pak right now wouldn't make sense.

2. Do you think its Pak govt propaganda that is responsible for these people being brainwashed, and one fine day they'll accept India as a friend ? Bro wake up and smell the overbrewed tea.

Sent from the future
By hitting I meant bashing, do you think bashing makes sense?

Never said anything about friendship. I believe this is the third time I am clarifying this. If its not directly pakistani government, it is institutional system setup in pakistan in the time of Zia responsible for brainwashing.

Btw, Singh, in psychology, there is a term "conformation bias". Since, I believe you will take time to read about it, after you do, it will help you understand why I don't like bashing threads, most of them are created by people suffering from conformation bias.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles