NIA nails Hurriyat's links with the ISI

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Islamabad-based Maqbool made frequent calls to Delhi and Srinagar from the number 00923335000846.

The ISI's hand in funding anti-India activities has already been exposed with the arrest of Dr Gulam Nabi Fai in the United States and now there is more evidence of its attempt to bankroll unrest in Kashmir.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) says it has evidence of ISI's links with the Hurriyat Conference. There is a money trail that shows how the ISI is using intermediaries and the hawala network to fund the separatists in Kashmir.

The All Party Hurriyat Conference is the face of the separatist movement in Jammu & Kashmir. They might not have stood in an election ever, but Hurriyat leaders have still been a powerful voice of dissent in the Valley and, the group's close links with Pakistan have long been under suspicion.

In its chargesheet, the NIA has clearly spelt out that Hurriyat Conference has been receiving money from a Lashkar agent through the Hawala route.

Among the four charge-sheeted by the NIA is Ghulam Mohammad Bhat, legal advisor of Hurriyat, and a close aide of Syed Ali Shah Geelani.

The NIA claims that from 2008 to 2011, more than Rs 4.5 crore was transferred from Pakistan into Hurriyat hands using the hawala route. The money had been facilitated by a Hizbul Mujahideen handler based in Pakistan, Maqbool Pandit.

Islamabad based Maqbool would make frequent calls to Delhi and Srinagar from the number 00923335000846. The calls would be made two Delhi numbers - 9958355916 & 7428470829. Maqbool also made calls to two numbers in Srinagar - 9796394258 & 9622431733.

According to NIA, these numbers belonged to either Hurriyat leaders or Hawala agents in Delhi and when these numbers were tapped, the NIA found that they were used to make Hawala transactions.

During one such conversation on January 20 this year, Hurriyat leader Ghulam Mohammed Bhat allegedly called on the number 966548948415 to make a hawala transaction of Rs 20 lakh and when the Hurriyat leader reached Delhi two days later to take delivery of the amount, he was nabbed by the police.

But when Headlines Today spoke to Hurriyat leaders in Srinagar they were quick to refute these allegations.

Former president of Hurriyat Conference Maulvi Abbas Ansari said, "These claims are baseless. We have never received money through such channels. Some agencies are bent upon proving that we receive money through Hawala."

Hurriyat leaders may claim innocence, but the NIA is armed with irrefutable evidence that firmly links the group with terrorist organisations across the border.

NIA has not named senior leader Syed Shah Geelani as an accused in their charge-sheet yet, but is probing his role.

Dangerous agenda

ISI's vicious agenda doesn't stop at sponsoring Hurriyat's activities in Kashmir. The NIA has found that Pakistan's intelligence agency is also dumping crores of counterfeit Indian currency into the Kashmir valley.

ISI is helping Hizbul commander Syed Salauddin's henchmen to smuggle these fake notes via Bangladesh. These fake notes are then used to sponsor terrorist activities in the valley.

Jammu's Kot Bhalwal's jail that once housed Maulana Masood Azhar has now reportedly become the hub of these illegal activities.

Hizbul terrorists named by NIA in its charge-sheet include Mushtaq Ahmed Bhat and Shafqat Moiuddin.

According to sources, the charge-sheet says that both these terrorists have been using fake currency to buy weapons and bombs.

NIA nails Hurriyat's links with the ISI : North: India Today

Vyom

Seeker
Why don't they make the evidence public. This is not the first time that India has said that it has evidence against ISI and Pakistan has denied the existence of any substantial proof.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What's new about it. It's been known that the ISI is the sponsor or Hurriyat esp Geelani. The Hurriyat more or less has devoured all that money and done nothing for the ISI like typical corrupt politicians.

Just the other day Ray Sir posted how Geelani had asked Khar to set Baluchistan in order according to the will of the people there before looking at Kashmir. Now that is good.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I am sick of these revelation and inaction by part of GoI. Congress I can not resolve (cold storage syndrome) any issue to its logical conclusions and other side of politics will expedite issues to worsen it further. I have lost my faith in Union of India. Same old, same old.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am sick of these revelation and inaction by part of GoI. Congress I can not resolve (cold storage syndrome) any issue to its logical conclusions and other side of politics will expedite issues to worsen it further. I have lost my faith in Union of India. Same old, same old.
Well what has come of all the financing that ISI has done to the Hurriyat? Kashmir very much part of India, Hurriyat is a useless organization and all it's doing is eating up Pakistans scarce resource, Money!!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Well what has come of all the financing that ISI has done to the Hurriyat? Kashmir very much part of India, Hurriyat is a useless organization and all it's doing is eating up Pakistans scarce resource, Money!!
We are getting bogged down in Kashmir because of this Huriyat et al nuisance. There is no single news where only terrorists have been killed by but no security personnel. Huriyat is not only running the propaganda, money laundering and state disobedience by illegal means but tactically and logistically supporting terrorists and cross border infiltration.
The union of India is responsible for the deaths of our security forces getting killed on daily basses. I fear how long security apparatus will tolerate centre's moronic policies; in near future collapsing under stress and strain of counter terrorism and counter insurgency gains; lost by drowsy New Delhi.
We were supposed to look east, Far East and assertively engage with other rouge states in our backward. We have become so defensive on Kashmir that all roads of how Indian influence will project its self in subcontinent has started passing through J&K.
The time will come when this defensive state busy in cons of dirty politics will tell you an excuse that she has to amputate J&K from rest of India because it is spreading poison to rest of the nation (secularism, unity in diversity, democracy{because bum licking of separatists}) and its foreign policy (compulsion to be anti SL Tamils to nullify Pakistan's support to Kashmir)vis a vis neighbours. Trust me, they will never tell you why it got necrosis in the first place; for so long.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
According to some, Syed Ali Geelani is a IB/RAW agent. He undercuts the moderates in the Hurriyat by his maximal positions and discredits the Hurriyat party on a long term basis.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As far as I can gather, the Hurriyat serves Indias cause more than Pakistan.

HR, the security forces are not killed by Hurriyat but Pakistani terrorists. That is a different thing. I think successive Indian govts including NDA have kept humoring them because they have made one thing sure, Indian Kashmir remains with us. Slowly they are coming around to Indian view. Sajjad Lone fought elections and many more will follow soon. All this undermines the credibility of Pak in the Kashmir issue. Geelani asking Pak to fix Baluchistan is the latest which further distances pak and Hurriyat.

sukhish

As far as I can gather, the Hurriyat serves Indias cause more than Pakistan.

HR, the security forces are not killed by Hurriyat but Pakistani terrorists. That is a different thing. I think successive Indian govts including NDA have kept humoring them because they have made one thing sure, Indian Kashmir remains with us. Slowly they are coming around to Indian view. Sajjad Lone fought elections and many more will follow soon. All this undermines the credibility of Pak in the Kashmir issue. Geelani asking Pak to fix Baluchistan is the latest which further distances pak and Hurriyat.
I get your point, India was never going cede anything on kashmir, that was clear to me the day I was born. what pakistan has done is just heart its own his reputation ( assuming they had any left ). they are just a bunch of brainwashed chest thumping people. India doesn't chest thump at all, India just keeps quit and do things in its own fashion. bunch of people on this thread wants India to give a fretting reply to what pakistan do to us. But India is much clever. we just don't do chest thumping, at the end India is going to prevail.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
According to some, Syed Ali Geelani is a IB/RAW agent. He undercuts the moderates in the Hurriyat by his maximal positions and discredits the Hurriyat party on a long term basis.
:pound:

I find that hard to believe. If RAW was capable of this then id gladly become a sweeper in any RAW office for life.

Reactions: nrj

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles