Naval LCA Tejas

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Imp point by Adm Singh on Naval #LCA: “LCA is a tech demonstrator. But the one which we want, we are making the Quality Requirements (QR) for it, a twin engine deck based fighter. If it meets the QRs and in the correct time frame, we will take it”
@DRDO_India
@HALHQBLR

No this means they arent interested in Naval Mk2. Navy should jump straight into AMCA development.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
No this means they arent interested in Naval Mk2. Navy should jump straight into AMCA development.
A twin engine LCA is not a LCA....
I think from the beginning of Tejas that it was an error to study a so small fighter as one of your frist try (to developp a modern fighter) : too difficult ! a bigger plane, with more space to all fit in, would have been more successfull.

If a twin engined LCA use delta canard, it's near a Rafale.
If it use a classical tail, it's near an AMCA.
So no way.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
I think from the beginning of Tejas that it was an error to study a so small fighter as one of your frist try (to developp a modern fighter) : too difficult ! a bigger plane, with more space to all fit in, would have been more successfull.

So no way.
No one is planning on a twin engine Tejas. Tejas Mk2 will be somewhat bigger, but still with a single GE414 engine. Basically everyone in the IAF and IN is waiting for the AMCA, which will be a medium weight stealth fighter.

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag

So no way.
I did not mean anything remotely to the ones you have responded above. I am not even talking of LCA here.

cannonfodder

Country flag
The Naval Prototype of India’s Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) has completed an arrested landing, an essential capability that will eventually enable the naval variant to operate from an aircraft carrier.

Beautiful video.. :) 30 char..

Aashk

Country flag
Imp point by Adm Singh on Naval #LCA: “LCA is a tech demonstrator. But the one which we want, we are making the Quality Requirements (QR) for it, a twin engine deck based fighter. If it meets the QRs and in the correct time frame, we will take it”
@DRDO_India
@HALHQBLR

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/media/AeroIndia2011/shiv/amca.jpg.html

If they are serious about timeline, then they should opt for the earlier design of MCA's.
Redesigned LCA with twin-engine is pure BS

DG7867

Country flag
So far have we tested it with full wepaon load or without it?
As far as I know, N-LCA has not been tested w/ munitions on board yet.. only short takeoff and arrested landings have been successful so far.. but I believe lessons from such tests will be very valuable in development of upcoming naval twin-engine fighter.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
So far have we tested it with full wepaon load or without it?
It is too much overweight/underpowered to try that. It needs the weight reductions and F414 engines before it would be a good deck fighter. I think the twin engine variant is DOA and Naval LCA will be variant of Mk1A. They are currently working on 4 different models of aircraft...

they can only afford to work on two, one in reality.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
It is too much overweight/underpowered to try that. It needs the weight reductions and F414 engines before it would be a good deck fighter. I think the twin engine variant is DOA and Naval LCA will be variant of Mk1A. They are currently working on 4 different models of aircraft...

they can only afford to work on two, one in reality.

There is also the LIFT Tejas Sport and a naval AMCA. It's a lot they're trying to chew.

itsme

Country flag
There is also the LIFT Tejas Sport and a naval AMCA. It's a lot they're trying to chew.
What is the LIFT Tejas Sport? I have seen a promo video but, not sure what is that program about. I dont see anyone talking about it either.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
What is the LIFT Tejas Sport? I have seen a promo video but, not sure what is that program about. I dont see anyone talking about it either.

It could eventually be a good trainer for pilots going into 5th gen aircrafts. From the sounds of it, it'll have avionics and other subsystems associated with 4.5 gen aircrafts. However, there is no firm demand for such a platform from the user, it's just a initiative they took.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles