Nannygate notwithstanding, Indo-US defense trade continues

pmaitra

India, US ink $1billion deal for six Super Hercules aircraft

NEW DELHI: The ongoing diplomatic kerfuffle over the Devyani Khobragade episode is no hurdle as far defence deals with the US are concerned. India and the US have inked another mega contract, the $1.01 billion one for six additional C-130J "Super Hercules" aircraft, while some others are being finalized.

Defence ministry sources said the "letter of offer and acceptance" for the six new four-engine C-130Js, which will be delivered within three years, was signed on Friday under the US government's "foreign military sales" (FMS) programme.

IAF already has six C-130Js tactical airlift aircraft, ordered for $962 million in 2007, which are based at the Hindon airbase on the outskirts of Delhi. The six new C-130Js, also configured for "special operations" as the first six, will be based at Panagarh in West Bengal.
Source: India, US ink $1billion deal for six Super Hercules aircraft - The Times of India

pmaitra

Ok folks, either India is playing the carrot and stick with the US, or we are being completely fooled by GoI and the US and an artificially created ruckus just to get the UPA elected and to keep Modi out of power.

I hate to admit, and this is the first time I am saying this, I am not sure whether I'd want Modi to lose the elections.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I presume that requirement of those aircraft is a national necessity that overrides the maid and diplomat spat.

That Modi will win is just a matter of time, unless something drastic takes place.

The Nation is tired of all the shenanigans and scams heaped on them with abject and cavalier arrogance of the current dispensation.

To imagine, on the one hand the Congress VP, Rahul Gandhi gloats over his role in the Lokpal Bill and on the other hand the very same Congress Party shields those who are involved in the Adarsh Housing scam!

And what is worse is that this very same VP of the Congress has the temerity to say that he is against the decision of the Maharastra Govt to shield the CMs involved and that it is only his PERSONAL OPINION!

Personal Opinion?

He is the Prince and he says he has no control over his fawning courtiers, who are bow and scrape at his mere ishara to include our meek MMS, the PM who is supposed to be the leader of the Nation?

What utter tripe!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A case of buyer needing it and a seller wanting to sell to make money. Both buyer seller have good defence relations

Nannygate is ridiculously stupid all round.
@pmaitra I think nannygate is an issue not to win election but to spoil relations so that the next gvt coming in has a tough time. Its only a CT "IF" there is no truth in Bharara's case.

IF that's the case, then a clear anti national move by UPA Govt

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

@Yusuf, @Ray Sir, I don't mind buying them, as long as we are blatantly plagiarizing and cloning those machines. The end justifies the means. India should start acting like the Chinese.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles