Nag anti-tank Missile

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It may not have been 'officially inducted' as a regiment, but the orders for production has been given. All tests with Nag have been successful. There's no point in beating a dead horse here....unless of course if beating a dead horse is your forte then the members would be delighted if you could indulge in your fetishes elsewhere.

Nag's longer range variant Helina still has some hurdles jump though!

NAG in any variant has not been inducted in Service means it is in not in Service ... That is it. How can it be dead horse when it is not even borne?

I am not beating around any thing.... it is your kind of guys who can not even provide a single reference for that induction but wish to beat all arguments contrary to that. Why many of you may be doing it is may be an instinctual drive of basial order of survival by lies but I am not making any claims.

NAG may have many variants with varying degrees of requirements and necessary QRs such as HELINA or NAMICA or Dhruva Astra ot MPATGM, but the basic version where it started and what was asked for was a man portable A tk missile. Al others are by products and secondary, sometimes projected to be diversion. It Is MPATGM which is required in thousand and thousands. It is MPATGM which is the issue in discussion. Spikes or Javelins were to be imported as MPATGM and not as NAMICA or HELINA.

We can import helli launched or BMP launched missiles which are required in small numbers but MPATGM is the real issue. Do not browbeat the issue by frivolous claims of HELINA or NAMICA which are also not in service (Not in Service I repeat and also have major issues to be resolved).

I can foresee another INSAS story unfolding.

IndianHawk

Country flag
You will keep derailing the thread but not give any reference...looser...
You have come to thread with a purpose..

I say again NAG has not been inducted into Service in Indian Army as yet ......
I wrote clearly nag has been approved by DAC .
You are moron! It's a wastage of time arguing with a fool. Enjoy your pointless rant idiot.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I wrote clearly nag has been approved by DAC .
You are moron! It's a wastage of time arguing with a fool. Enjoy your pointless rant idiot.

You never said anything on anything. Why admit it. It is beyond you character I have seen so far. DAC will approve procurement of NAG ten times. That does not make it in Service. It is a lab rat...

I will enjoy the idiocy and perversion of your mind by having you without a painkiller.... have no doubt.

You know what we all are talking about and how the issue came into being. ?
MoD cancelled an order for Spikes on the promise that DRDO will deliver MPATGM.

The issue at discussion is NAG called MPATGM not HELINA or NAMICA.
MPATGM, HELINA and NAMICA has nothing common, their weight class. ranges and seekers vary.

Still losers like you claim it has been ordered by DAC without any reference. You do not provide reference as your lying through teeth will be caught. You are dishonest to the core.

Apr 27, 2018, DAC approves procurement of Nag missile system,

//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/63942467.cms?from=mdr&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

An official release said the system includes a third generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile, the NAG, along with the Missile Carrier Vehicle (NAMICA) for Rs 524 crore. An order for 300 Nag missiles and 25 NAMICA at the cost of $ five lakhs each piece.

That damn thing has nothing to do with MPATGM that will be given by DODOs instead of Spikes !!!

Beating drum of NAMICA mounted missile for MPATGM in the discussion with all name calling and cussing is a share pushover, bulldozing and carse dishonesty characteristics of low character traits. I have come across such misleading and all lies presentations given by your ilk types many a times and I dislike it.

On top you have cheeks to chesticise others.

IndianHawk

Country flag
You never said anything on anything. Why admit it. It is beyond you character I have seen so far. DAC will approve procurement of NAG ten times. That does not make it in Service. It is a lab rat...

I will enjoy the idiocy and perversion of your mind by having you without a painkiller.... have no doubt.

You know what we all are talking about and how the issue came into being. ?
MoD cancelled an order for Spikes on the promise that DRDO will deliver MPATGM.

The issue at discussion is NAG called MPATGM not HELINA or NAMICA.
MPATGM, HELINA and NAMICA has nothing common, their weight class. ranges and seekers vary.

Still losers like you claim it has been ordered by DAC without any reference. You do not provide reference as your lying through teeth will be caught. You are dishonest to the core.

Apr 27, 2018, DAC approves procurement of Nag missile system,

//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/63942467.cms?from=mdr&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

An official release said the system includes a third generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile, the NAG, along with the Missile Carrier Vehicle (NAMICA) for Rs 524 crore. An order for 300 Nag missiles and 25 NAMICA at the cost of $ five lakhs each piece.

That damn thing has nothing to do with MPATGM that will be given by DODOs instead of Spikes !!!

Beating drum of NAMICA mounted missile for MPATGM in the discussion with all name calling and cussing is a share pushover, bulldozing and carse dishonesty characteristics of low character traits. I have come across such misleading and all lies presentations given by your ilk types many a times and I dislike it.

On top you have cheeks to chesticise others.
Hehe. Finally you found something yourself. Now eat your words.
It is you who have been linking nag to mpatgm and bullshitting about DRDO projects since 1960. What do these projects have to do with mpatgm . It's a very new effort and going own very good schedule. Army has approved DRDO to get on with project but morons like you keep paddling imports lobby agenda.

Are you more knowledgeable than India army which is working with DRDO on both nag and mpatgm .

DAC only approves something for procurement when end user is willing and ready to accept it. But your little reptile can not make that conclusion.

My perverted might is still a million times smarter than your foreign wares paddling dishonest lump of a brain.

Enquirer

NAG in any variant has not been inducted in Service means it is in not in Service ... That is it. How can it be dead horse when it is not even borne?

I am not beating around any thing.... it is your kind of guys who can not even provide a single reference for that induction but wish to beat all arguments contrary to that. Why many of you may be doing it is may be an instinctual drive of basial order of survival by lies but I am not making any claims.

NAG may have many variants with varying degrees of requirements and necessary QRs such as HELINA or NAMICA or Dhruva Astra ot MPATGM, but the basic version where it started and what was asked for was a man portable A tk missile. Al others are by products and secondary, sometimes projected to be diversion. It Is MPATGM which is required in thousand and thousands. It is MPATGM which is the issue in discussion. Spikes or Javelins were to be imported as MPATGM and not as NAMICA or HELINA.

We can import helli launched or BMP launched missiles which are required in small numbers but MPATGM is the real issue. Do not browbeat the issue by frivolous claims of HELINA or NAMICA which are also not in service (Not in Service I repeat and also have major issues to be resolved).

I can foresee another INSAS story unfolding.
Dude! As usual you speak from your lower orifice!

Firstly Namica is not a Nag variant. hell! it's not even a missile. Namica is the vehicle that carries Nag.

Secondly the requirement was never for a man portable ATGM. Nag was only meant for the Engineering services regiment (bridge laying). The idea was to wade through the river and protect the other bank when the bridge laying effort is underway. As such the requirement for Nag/Namica will be limited in numbers.

The Helina variant of course will be required in very large numbers - this is the crux!

MPATGM is a very different missile with different seeker, propulsion etc.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
It is you who have been linking nag to mpatgm and bullshitting about DRDO projects since 1960. What do these projects have to do with mpatgm . It's a very new effort and going own very good schedule. Army has approved DRDO to get on with project but morons like you keep paddling imports lobby agenda.

Are you more knowledgeable than India army which is working with DRDO on both nag and mpatgm .

DAC only approves something for procurement when end user is willing and ready to accept it. But your little reptile can not make that conclusion.

My perverted might is still a million times smarter than your foreign wares paddling dishonest lump of a brain.

When the ATK project started in 1960, later followed by DRDL , it was sanctioned to make Man Portable Anti Tank Missile to replace SS11B1 types of imports from France. When they could not even smell the coffee, they included it as the first project under IDMDP by the name of NAG.

When DRDO could not make a head or tail of making a 15 -20 kg missile as MPATGM they got bright ideas of mounting a 40-45 kg missile to be mounted on BMP as replacements for Russian missiles for Recce and Support battalions and another one christened as HELINA to be fired from helicopters.

NAMICA means Nag Missile Carrier. You remove Nag then it is no more Namica but who will explain that to a lowly character like @Enquirer who tells us that NAMICA is without a missile but with NAG missile.

Then there is an idiot of a person who is trying to tell me that MPATGM was never a project and it was not NAG. Then what was it between 1963 and 2005 when DRDO abandoned the name NAG for man portable version and gave a new name to the project - MPATGM.

The whole discussion is about MPATGM of which Spike and javelin were varieties. But every argument here is being deliberately jumbled up with NAMICA - Nag missile carrier (which is not without missiles )

Another joker here tells us the project remained underfunded. As of 2008, the missile's development had cost ₹3 billion (US$43.4 million) for a poor country like India. One can add ten of millions after that.

As it has has become characteristics of a few members - they turn scavengers and start fighting for bones leaving aside the meat. That is what their sole purpose in life is.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Dude! As usual you speak from your lower orifice!

Firstly Namica is not a Nag variant. hell! it's not even a missile. Namica is the vehicle that carries Nag.

Secondly the requirement was never for a man portable ATGM. Nag was only meant for the Engineering services regiment (bridge laying). The idea was to wade through the river and protect the other bank when the bridge laying effort is underway. As such the requirement for Nag/Namica will be limited in numbers.

The Helina variant of course will be required in very large numbers - this is the crux!

MPATGM is a very different missile with different seeker, propulsion etc.

Ha Ha Ha Ha .......
First of all you put a NAG up your lower sour rotting orifice and then turn to any service officer who can tell you how and when the bridge is laid by engineers on a water obstacles and also they do not need to carry any missiles for that. NAG is not required to create a flying fox ......:pound::pound:

Hell, NAMICA means NAG Missile Carrier and how is it of any value without Nag ? You have stooped down to play of words and then open your favourite "orifice" that utters such nonsenses.

Further, you are trying to teach your father how to screw. And then justify things to a mother.

NAG on NAMICA is not required by Engineers to be carried on the far bank but required by Recce and Support battalions who use missile for hundreds of ATk and APers tasks. They are limited in numbers as there are limited Recce and Sp battalions.

Bridging activities start only when the far bank is fully secured by Infantry / Mechanised Infantry who need MPATGM to carry across to provide Atk protection to something called bridgehead. If Recce and Support ballations are grouped with this force they will also wade through after banks have been breached or otherwise prepared.

Right from the begining to start of IGMDP - and till 2019 - there was always a requirement of "Man Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile - MPATGM" an acronym not the invention of DODOs but used world wide since WWII.

Do not make a mockery of it. When we say an order of Spike has been cancelled we are referring to a contract for MPATGM.

You morons are so low in uptake that is why you are unable to make anything.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Will do better by readind this :

DRDO Anti Tank Missile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_Anti_Tank_Missile

The DRDO Anti-tank missile (ATM) is a first generation wire-guided missile developed in India by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It has a subsonic speed up to 300 ft/s (91 m/s) with a range of 1.6 km and carries a 106 mm HEAT warhead.[1]

Introduction[edit]
In 1959, India started a feasibility study on a First Generation Anti Tank Missile (ATM). New General Staff Qualitative Requirements (GSQR) were issued and the task of preliminary study and wind testing was assigned to Department of Aeronautics and Institute of Science, Bangalore.[1]

Development[edit]
In 1962, DRDO was granted 6,00,000 Indian Rupees to begin work on developing an Anti-Tank missile due to conflict with China in Ladakh. It has a range of 500 meters to about 2 km.[2][3]

After the first aerodynamic design was completed, a full-scale model of the complete configuration was tested in a wind tunnel at IISc Bangalore. At Bangalore, this model was tested for the force and momentum tests which were completed in 1961. Vibrating spoilers were used during these tests to determine control effectiveness. The ATM was designed to have a subsonic flight speed of about 90 m/s (300 ft/s).[1] In 1963, the entire design was reworked for accommodating 106 mm HEAT warheads in the ATM.

Propulsion[edit]
Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), a DRDO lab, determined the propulsion motor requirement and designed the propulsion system. The propulsion motor was made of aluminium alloy. It had two compartments, one for the sustainer and the other for the booster.

Explosives Research & Development Laboratory (ERDL), another DRDO laboratory, made the propellant compositions and also developed the SUK black propulsion grains. Molybdenum inserts were used as sustainer. The booster grain had star type hole for very fast burn and the sustainer was cigarette burning type for constant thrust.[1]

Control and Guidance[edit]
The actuator and gyroscope were the main components of the control and guidance system of the ATM. The Actuators were spoiler type, (similar to Mosquito (missile)), which gave a response time of 10 millisecond with a stay time varying from 80-20 and 20-80 milliseconds. The gyroscope developed for the ATM was a three degree freedom gyroscope.[1]

Testing[edit]
The missile was test-fired near Imarat, a village on the outskirts of Hyderabad, which held the reliability order of 65%. The test trials were attended by Gen Bewoor, then Deputy Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army. The missile was tested 16 times and hit its target 14 times. Two Indian army teams which were trained on European ATMs, Cobra and ENTAC, carried out the tests. These test did not reveal any significant difference between firing the European and indigenous ATMs. Work was still to be done on inhibition of the sustainer motor.[1]

Termination[edit]
After waiting for more than 10 years without any results, in 1969 ATM project was terminated as the Indian Army revised its General Staff Qualitative Requirements (GSQR). The new GSQR extended the range of the missile from 1.6 km to 3 km. They also required the previously man-portable missile to be capable of being mounted and fired from a mobile-launcher. This led to production of SS11B1 at Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), Hyderabad under license from France.[1][4]

So MPATGM was never the project before 2005 ??

Hell, you all are liars.

Enquirer

Ha Ha Ha Ha .......
First of all you put a NAG up your lower sour rotting orifice and then turn to any service officer who can tell you how and when the bridge is laid by engineers on a water obstacles and also they do not need to carry any missiles for that. NAG is not required to create a flying fox ......:pound::pound:

Hell, NAMICA means NAG Missile Carrier and how is it of any value without Nag ? You have stooped down to play of words and then open your favourite "orifice" that utters such nonsenses.

Further, you are trying to teach your father how to screw. And then justify things to a mother.

NAG on NAMICA is not required by Engineers to be carried on the far bank but required by Recce and Support battalions who use missile for hundreds of ATk and APers tasks. They are limited in numbers as there are limited Recce and Sp battalions.

Bridging activities start only when the far bank is fully secured by Infantry / Mechanised Infantry who need MPATGM to carry across to provide Atk protection to something called bridgehead. If Recce and Support ballations are grouped with this force they will also wade through after banks have been breached or otherwise prepared.

Right from the begining to start of IGMDP - and till 2019 - there was always a requirement of "Man Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile - MPATGM" an acronym not the invention of DODOs but used world wide since WWII.

Do not make a mockery of it. When we say an order of Spike has been cancelled we are referring to a contract for MPATGM.

You morons are so low in uptake that is why you are unable to make anything.
You definitely fit the phrase 'gandhi naali ke keede'.
No point in trying to educate someone who can't tell his mouth from his ass!

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
You definitely fit the phrase 'gandhi naali ke keede'.
No point in trying to educate someone who can't tell his mouth from his ass!
Look at this...
The liar when caught red handed in defining a task for NAG and pontificating that Engineers are the one who require NAG (to shub NAG up his orifice - The word I learn from him) has taken a plunge into "gandi Nali". Now which gandi nali? Oh the one that flows near his house where he grew up...

NAG for engineers ...... Ha Ha Ha ....:pound::pound::pound:
Look at that. IA has a new COAS by the name of @Enquirer who has decided engineers will fire NAG. Such morons start commenting and then go down to take a plunge into "Gandi Nali... og their "orifices".

Enquirer

Look at this...
The liar when caught red handed in defining a task for NAG and pontificating that Engineers are the one who require NAG (to shub NAG up his orifice - The word I learn from him) has taken a plunge into "gandi Nali". Now which gandi nali? Oh the one that flows near his house where he grew up...

NAG for engineers ...... Ha Ha Ha ....:pound::pound::pound:
Look at that. IA has a new COAS by the name of @Enquirer who has decided engineers will fire NAG. Such morons start commenting and then go down to take a plunge into "Gandi Nali... og their "orifices".
Who the fuck lets this Bhadra asshole lurk on this forum?
This pig vomit has no idea of facts nor does he care to educate himself! The amount of stench he has created on this forum is shocking!

The asshole is seriously deranged. I think he posts random nonsense just to seek attention to his pathetic existence - which for decades went unnoticed even by the people who discarded him at birth.

I did the mistake of trying to educate a bastard who hates his own existence. Will ignore this pig vomit as I had successfully done for several months.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Initial orders for 25 NAMICAs with around 400
25 NAMICA and 400 missiles (16 missiles per launchers) Barely for one Recce and Support battalion.

Still the missile is LOBL seeker capable only. Which means the effective range depends on ability of observation, identification and acquisition of tank target visually. That means the effective range can barely be 2 to 2.5 Km. Then why have a bloody 40 kg missile capable of flying 6-7 km and tow it on BMP?

And IA pays for unutilised capabilities.

No top attack capability ??

Minimum range 400 m is a bit large. 400m dead zone is rather large. When the tank reaches at 400m, NAMICA will run away or a 84mm RL team will dismount and expose themselves to Al Khalid ......:pound::pound::pound:

Then there were problems of Commander / gunners panoramic sight and I do not know it has been resolved or not.

Still not inducted into Service !!.......:cowboy:

Last edited:

Enquirer

Pig Shit alert ! Pig shit alert !.......:pound::pound::pound:

He will educate others who says NAG was required for engineers to lay a bridge..... Ha Ha Ha ..

Joke of the forum.

And in 1960 there were BMPs and requirement to mount NAG on it .... Ha Ha Ha... That is how it started ....... Chutiya ho to aisa ! :pound::pound::pound:
Sounds like pig vomit is convinced that earth is flat!
Well, who can help a self loathing twat!
I have a firm belief that this pig vomit knows his questionable birth and misery of growing up in a dumpster. Ignored all his life, now he seeks attention....thinking that his stench is his super power :)

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Sounds like pig vomit is convinced that earth is flat!
Well, who can help a self loathing twat!
I have a firm belief that this pig vomit knows his questionable birth and misery of growing up in a dumpster. Ignored all his life, now he seeks attention....thinking that his stench is his super power :)
A crappot scum who can not even support his country's flag and is hibernating like a gutter hole NAG behind a foreign mal US flag.... Ha Ha Ha .....

Abe kahan sikhi ye angreji.... isme sirf "shit" hota hai.....:pound::pound::pound:

Vijyes

Still the missile is LOBL seeker capable only. Which means the effective range depends on ability of observation, identification and acquisition of tank target visually. That means the effective range can barely be 2 to 2.5 Km. Then why have a bloody 40 kg missile capable of flying 6-7 km and tow it on BMP?
LoAL is mainly for helicopter launch helina. I don't understand how you expect land launched one to change target? It is ver difficult to practically find another target with video feed of the missile as its its camera is not apt to scan when flying at 200ms speed. The max range is 5km eith 4 being practical limit.

No top attack capability ??
NAG has top attack capability

Minimum range 400 m is a bit large. 400m dead zone is rather large. When the tank reaches at 400m, NAMICA will run away or a 84mm RL team will dismount and expose themselves to Al Khalid ......:pound:
400m dead zone is with all safety measures. Even hellfire has minimum 500m range.

uoftotaku

Country flag
LOAL is essential for non-line-of-sight targeting. With a 4km range and only LOBL the missile will be totally unusable in any terrain outside of flat desert or plains. LOAL allows for use in mountains or urban areas or any areas where there is no direct target sight for 4km (which will be 90% of battlefield). How to expect a land / veh launched weapon to change target? SPIKE already offers that ability. That ability is essential on the modern battlefield

400m dead zone for a land / vehicle launched missile is suicidal. You compare falsely with Hellfire which is a helicopter launched (originally) missile with a MUCH longer engagement range and LOAL ability. For a veh / land based weapon there has to be an ability to engage close in targets otherwise the carrier veh becomes a sitting duck in ambush situations. Consider the environment that IA operates in and try to picture a 400m dead zone around the vehicle and you will quickly realize the stupidity of this situation.

Look man...you are very clearly going to defend this product (as well as various others in different threads) to the death despite having obvious flaws pointed out. I understand your stance of defending indigenous products, sure patriotism and all...but time has come that DPSU molly-coddling HAS to STOP! Call a spade a spade and demand excellence rather than depend the rubbish the come out with by hiding behind patriotism. We have excellent scientists and engineers but honestly our DPSU products are not at all up to par in most cases (some exceptions) but its counterproductive in praising them rather than forcing them to improve

IndianHawk

Country flag
Will do better by readind this :

DRDO Anti Tank Missile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_Anti_Tank_Missile

The DRDO Anti-tank missile (ATM) is a first generation wire-guided missile developed in India by Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It has a subsonic speed up to 300 ft/s (91 m/s) with a range of 1.6 km and carries a 106 mm HEAT warhead.[1]

Introduction[edit]
In 1959, India started a feasibility study on a First Generation Anti Tank Missile (ATM). New General Staff Qualitative Requirements (GSQR) were issued and the task of preliminary study and wind testing was assigned to Department of Aeronautics and Institute of Science, Bangalore.[1]

Development[edit]
In 1962, DRDO was granted 6,00,000 Indian Rupees to begin work on developing an Anti-Tank missile due to conflict with China in Ladakh. It has a range of 500 meters to about 2 km.[2][3]

After the first aerodynamic design was completed, a full-scale model of the complete configuration was tested in a wind tunnel at IISc Bangalore. At Bangalore, this model was tested for the force and momentum tests which were completed in 1961. Vibrating spoilers were used during these tests to determine control effectiveness. The ATM was designed to have a subsonic flight speed of about 90 m/s (300 ft/s).[1] In 1963, the entire design was reworked for accommodating 106 mm HEAT warheads in the ATM.

Propulsion[edit]
Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL), a DRDO lab, determined the propulsion motor requirement and designed the propulsion system. The propulsion motor was made of aluminium alloy. It had two compartments, one for the sustainer and the other for the booster.

Explosives Research & Development Laboratory (ERDL), another DRDO laboratory, made the propellant compositions and also developed the SUK black propulsion grains. Molybdenum inserts were used as sustainer. The booster grain had star type hole for very fast burn and the sustainer was cigarette burning type for constant thrust.[1]

Control and Guidance[edit]
The actuator and gyroscope were the main components of the control and guidance system of the ATM. The Actuators were spoiler type, (similar to Mosquito (missile)), which gave a response time of 10 millisecond with a stay time varying from 80-20 and 20-80 milliseconds. The gyroscope developed for the ATM was a three degree freedom gyroscope.[1]

Testing[edit]
The missile was test-fired near Imarat, a village on the outskirts of Hyderabad, which held the reliability order of 65%. The test trials were attended by Gen Bewoor, then Deputy Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army. The missile was tested 16 times and hit its target 14 times. Two Indian army teams which were trained on European ATMs, Cobra and ENTAC, carried out the tests. These test did not reveal any significant difference between firing the European and indigenous ATMs. Work was still to be done on inhibition of the sustainer motor.[1]

Termination[edit]
After waiting for more than 10 years without any results, in 1969 ATM project was terminated as the Indian Army revised its General Staff Qualitative Requirements (GSQR). The new GSQR extended the range of the missile from 1.6 km to 3 km. They also required the previously man-portable missile to be capable of being mounted and fired from a mobile-launcher. This led to production of SS11B1 at Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), Hyderabad under license from France.[1][4]

So MPATGM was never the project before 2005 ??

Hell, you all are liars.
What's the point of comparing a first gen ATM project to today's mpatgm program? More flight of your lunacy lol.

IndianHawk

Country flag
LOAL is essential for non-line-of-sight targeting. With a 4km range and only LOBL the missile will be totally unusable in any terrain outside of flat desert or plains. LOAL allows for use in mountains or urban areas or any areas where there is no direct target sight for 4km (which will be 90% of battlefield). How to expect a land / veh launched weapon to change target? SPIKE already offers that ability. That ability is essential on the modern battlefield

400m dead zone for a land / vehicle launched missile is suicidal. You compare falsely with Hellfire which is a helicopter launched (originally) missile with a MUCH longer engagement range and LOAL ability. For a veh / land based weapon there has to be an ability to engage close in targets otherwise the carrier veh becomes a sitting duck in ambush situations. Consider the environment that IA operates in and try to picture a 400m dead zone around the vehicle and you will quickly realize the stupidity of this situation.

Look man...you are very clearly going to defend this product (as well as various others in different threads) to the death despite having obvious flaws pointed out. I understand your stance of defending indigenous products, sure patriotism and all...but time has come that DPSU molly-coddling HAS to STOP! Call a spade a spade and demand excellence rather than depend the rubbish the come out with by hiding behind patriotism. We have excellent scientists and engineers but honestly our DPSU products are not at all up to par in most cases (some exceptions) but its counterproductive in praising them rather than forcing them to improve
Compare it to spike then . Spike Mr has minimum effective firing range of 200m and spike SR has 50m .

You say missile is useless other than plane and deserts where else do you think tanks will march on Himalaya?

Even laddakh region have plains where we deployed a few tanks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles