Most muslims across the world want sharia law---PEW study

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We ask @Ray to mediate, if we are both happy with his judgement then no need to goto court.
:rofl:

The way you are gunning for me in this thread, I would recuse myself from being an arbiter because you already find me biased! :rofl: :rofl:

Ideal would be a full bench of the DFI Staff!

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
Are you a Muslim ? Yes
Do you believe in Quran ? Yes
Do you wish to live as per laws of Quran ? I can have my own interpretations. My belief is that the interpretation varies and is not absolute and can adapt to the time.

My problem is with the extremist view of shariah which is not consistent with modern age. In fact shariah according to me is flexible and adaptable to the time and not stuck in 7th century.
Sir, I saw in a debate somewhere that it is forbidden to contextualize the Quran. That would make the less extreme interpretations really hard.

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
Religion is indeed quite important to Indians. And neither does any religion explicitly condone "unnatural" sex.
However, Religious beliefs cannot be imposed on those who don't wish to ascribe to them.
Hence, if someone does wish to indulge in unnatural sex may do so, in a few States of India, whose Governments don't view it as an aberration or a criminal offense. It is, however, still illegal in most states afaik.
India must ban religion and declare itself an atheist state. That is the only way to control Islamization, Evangelization, and some misguided attempts by Lindoos (banning Valentine's day, etc) to "protect" Indian "culture".

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
India must ban religion and declare itself an atheist state. That is the only way to control Islamization, Evangelization, and some misguided attempts by Lindoos (banning Valentine's day, etc) to "protect" Indian "culture".
From a neo-Advaitist you're now a hardcore atheist ?

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why should we be concerned if islamisation or evangelisation takes place when there is no place for our "lindoos" protecting indian culture.

Valentine was a christian "saint " who seduced A roman lady on this date and so it is good to see it being protested.

atheism has even been more bloody than islam see China, soviet union and cambodia all these were atheist states.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Those who want sharia law can get Saudi Citizenship. :wave:

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Sir, I saw in a debate somewhere that it is forbidden to contextualize the Quran. That would make the less extreme interpretations really hard.
It is not forbidden to practice " taqiya" actually as per Imam ghazzali.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
They want it here.
:why: Isn't one Saudi Arabia enough for this world :(

Anyway don't know about India and Western Europe :taunt: but countries like Israel, the US, Russia and Eastern Europe will remain Sharia free.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned

Anyway don't know about India and Western Europe :taunt: but countries like Israel, the US, Russia and Eastern Europe will remain Sharia free.

India will not remain free this is fourth century and we have no one better than Julian.

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
From a neo-Advaitist you're now a hardcore atheist ?
Atheism is defined as no belief in any deity. It tells you what someone is not, not what someone is. Saying somebody is an atheist is the same as saying someone is a "non-astrologer", which is not saying much. Now for Advaita, I don't see anything in the philosophy that makes it a requirement to worship or believe in any "god". Sure there is a single homogenous reality (consciousness) but that by my account is a far cry from saying there is a supernatural being(s) that one must "believe" in. So yes I do consider myself a hardcore atheist and also a follower of Advaita. I don't subscribe to the view that the Vedas are divine or the dogma of karma/purnajanam so that may or may not make a "Hindu" (depending on your definition of that term).

Another thing that bugs me is that in the West especially, atheism is synonymous with materialism, which is clearly not the case. One can be mystical and an atheist, as even the latest research in neuroscience has shown that no one really knows what happens to the consciousness after death. For more information on this, I suggest going to the blog of Sam Harris (samharris.org), who is a nonbeliever (thought calls himself a Jew due to cultural reasons) and also an admirer of Indian philosophy and a regular practitioner of Vipassana meditation.

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why should we be concerned if islamisation or evangelisation takes place when there is no place for our "lindoos" protecting indian culture.

Valentine was a christian "saint " who seduced A roman lady on this date and so it is good to see it being protested.
I am no supporter of Valentine's Day (a fraud of a holiday) but beating up young couples on the pretext of safeguarding Indian culture is counterproductive.

atheism has even been more bloody than islam see China, soviet union and cambodia all these were atheist states.
Asinine suggestion. Stalinism is itself a political religion and derives its inspiration from the "divinely appointed" title of Tsar (who was head of Russian Orthodox Church). The way totalitarianism forbids opposing views, makes information fit its ideology (Lysenkoism), makes false promise of a better life, has a infallible supreme leader, does not tolerate dissidents, etc. is all inspired by religion which throughout history has legitimized the rule of tyrants and despots.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Maybe invite Putin to rule India for a decade? :troll:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
India is itself a secular state, if its citizens wish to be religious then the State allows them too.

In India, muslims aren't proselytizing non muslims, but there is a gradual shift from moderate Islam to radical Islam; in other words deobandis/salafis/wahabbis/tablighis are proselytizing barelvis. Maybe some muslim member can chime in here.

Christian missionaries should be stopped, and I believe some kind of legislation has also come about. Its a case of mass demographic change, and has the potential of rupturing delicate social balances. @Iamanidiot can chime in here.

Hindu right wing, wants to be more assertive, mainly in response to "votebank politics"and radicalisation amongst other minorities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In India, muslims aren't proselytizing non muslims,
Christian missionaries should be stopped, and I believe some kind of legislation has also come about. Its a case of mass demographic change, and has the potential of rupturing delicate social balances. @Iamanidiot can chime in here.

Hindu right wing, wants to be more assertive, mainly in response to "votebank politics"and radicalisation amongst other minorities.
Cross your heart and say so!

Heard of an organisation called Tablighi?

Not that I care for these religious fanatics and their stupidity across all religious spectrum, do be good enough to let us know when Hindu, Sikh and Muslim radicalisation took place and why!

Let's get down to brass tacks and not spout political messages!

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India is itself a secular state, if its citizens wish to be religious then the State allows them too.

In India, muslims aren't proselytizing non muslims, but there is a gradual shift from moderate Islam to radical Islam; in other words deobandis/salafis/wahabbis/tablighis are proselytizing barelvis. Maybe some muslim member can chime in here.

Count me out from chiming in. Can say that I have not heard of my community trying to do that nor ever faced another sect trying to convert me into their fold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Atheism is defined as no belief in any deity. It tells you what someone is not, not what someone is. Saying somebody is an atheist is the same as saying someone is a "non-astrologer", which is not saying much. Now for Advaita, I don't see anything in the philosophy that makes it a requirement to worship or believe in any "god". Sure there is a single homogenous reality (consciousness) but that by my account is a far cry from saying there is a supernatural being(s) that one must "believe" in. So yes I do consider myself a hardcore atheist and also a follower of Advaita. I don't subscribe to the view that the Vedas are divine or the dogma of karma/purnajanam so that may or may not make a "Hindu" (depending on your definition of that term).

Another thing that bugs me is that in the West especially, atheism is synonymous with materialism, which is clearly not the case. One can be mystical and an atheist, as even the latest research in neuroscience has shown that no one really knows what happens to the consciousness after death. For more information on this, I suggest going to the blog of Sam Harris (samharris.org), who is a nonbeliever (thought calls himself a Jew due to cultural reasons) and also an admirer of Indian philosophy and a regular practitioner of Vipassana meditation.
Didn't make any sense to me. All this never made sense to me ever. Never made an attempt even to understand religion.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Didn't make any sense to me. All this never made sense to me ever. Never made an attempt even to understand religion.
It's not supposed to make any sense. If it did it would no longer be religion.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Cross your heart and say so!

Heard of an organisation called Tablighi?
If you do read my posts I mentioned them

" In India, muslims aren't proselytizing non muslims, but there is a gradual shift from moderate Islam to radical Islam; in other words deobandis/salafis/wahabbis/tablighis are proselytizing barelvis. Maybe some muslim member can chime in here."

Not that I care for these religious fanatics and their stupidity across all religious spectrum, do be good enough to let us know when Hindu, Sikh and Muslim radicalisation took place and why!

Let's get down to brass tacks and not spout political messages!
Radicalization happens in waves. I cannot only hypothesize why the current radicalization is taking place.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles