Russian troops deployed on Ukrainian border, Kostroma, Russia

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Ukraine`s "Hurtgenwald" , rebels in forest near Krasny Liman

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
There are many here who do not understand the reality.

@Peter, read this article, especially the pre-Tatar history. But before you do that, learn the difference between Tatar, and Tartar.

@Akim, you live in Ukraine. I don't. Nonetheless, I would ask you to study your own history. Not the manufactured history presented by the Ukro-Nazis.

To both @Peter and @Akim, this is from the British Brainwashing Corporation (BBC), not from RT.
pmaitra sir, I did read a bit about the Tartars. However wikipedia says that Tatars and Tartars are the same people. It will be nice if you provide a link.

As for Vladimir the Great he was a Varangian or actually a Viking/Norseman. The Norse are generally put in category of Germanic people(not German ).

(I got the answer from Ray sir. I cannot delete this post)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
tatar is the name for the tribe that was subdued by Chingis Khan, Tartar is the word used by the European west (especially Russians) for all Mongols

Tatar comes from chinese ta-ta-er, a nomadic tribe conquered by Chingiz
Tartar comes from greek/latin Tartaros, meaning the underworld.

When Chingiz and his successors went west, they called his men Tartars, as people from hell. Coincidentally, this was similar to Tatar, so the two are confused, and became almost interchangible in use. Some modern sholars prefer to use Tatar to describe the "Mongols" who settled west, although in old european documents, the word "Tartar" was used.
That is what I read.

bhramos

Country flag
Lugansk rebels using tank that was captured near Metalist.

bhramos

Country flag
russian convoy in Kursk, to Ukraine

pmaitra

pmaitra sir, I did read a bit about the Tartars. However wikipedia says that Tatars and Tartars are the same people. It will be nice if you provide a link.

As for Vladimir the Great he was a Varangian or actually a Viking/Norseman. The Norse are generally put in category of Germanic people(not German ).

(I got the answer from Ray sir. I cannot delete this post)
Yes, Wikipedia says it is an alternative spelling, that came about due to a misnomer by the ignorant westerners. It's like changing the name of Chandan Nagar to Chandernagore.

As far as I am concerned, I go by what the locals call it.

Tartar for me is a type of sauce (food), or alternatively, yucky stuff in the teeth, and has nothing to do with Tatar as an ethnicity.

The official and correct spelling is Tatar, with only one 'r' in it.
Republic of Tatarstan
Республика Татарстан (Russian)
Татарстан Республикасы (Tatar)

Here is the link to the government of Tatarstan, and that is the correct spelling: Government of the Republic of Tatarstan

See for yourself how it is spellt.

pmaitra

[TWEET]481460372965429248[/TWEET]

[TWEET]481458447490498560[/TWEET]

[TWEET]479687949769252865[/TWEET]

[TWEET]479915926054121473[/TWEET]

[TWEET]480300413657554944[/TWEET]

[TWEET]480339024822157312[/TWEET]

[TWEET]481188140246654976[/TWEET]

pmaitra

Source: BBC News - Ukraine foes cast doubt on ceasefire
Analysis: David Stern, BBC News, Kiev

One would suspect that the Ukrainian government's truce in the east is now a dead letter. President Petro Poroshenko's plans to respond to the attack are still unclear, but public outrage alone would seem to demand some sort of military retaliation.

And if the Ukrainian government uses force, then very likely the Ukrainian insurgents and their Russian comrades-in-arms will answer in kind. An escalation seems inevitable.

At this point, it is close to impossible to determine why the militants decided to carry out such a provocative act, just one day after they declared a ceasefire. Maybe this was some rogue element. Maybe the insurgents were never serious. Maybe Moscow told them to do it.

Whatever the reason, the hopes of just 24 hours ago, that Ukraine's east could finally see peace, if only temporarily, ring especially hollow.
Well, David Stern, the reason why that helicopter was shot down is because it was transporting troops even after a proclamation of ceasefire. There never was any ceasefire, and fighting continued in Slavyansk. You can keep wondering all you want, the fact that you work for BBC, indicates either you don't know what is going on, or you are forbidden from reporting the reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles