Lockheed Martin responds with Sea Hercules for Indian Navy's Requirements

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We must wait and watch!

Geoffrey R. Stone

India doesnt even invest as much as the Chinese in R&D, yet in lot of areas, they are far ahead of the Chinese, that is because Indian technology projects are greatly aided by Foreign technology which has become the basis of creating new Indian technology, we are jumping generations. By 2025-30, India will be producing high class defense technology.
I don't understand your need to frame this issue in terms of "beating" China at something. Don't you believe in a high tide that lifts all boats?

Adux

Country flag
I don't understand your need to frame this issue in terms of "beating" China at something. Don't you believe in a high tide that lifts all boats?
There is a strategic rivalry, fact. There is a need for it. India wouldnt have pumped by their strategic capabilities if not for the unnecessary chinese attitude towards India.India has way too many friends and much access to technology which is a product of decades of works by very advanced countries, these actually give a much needed boost to Indian defense products.

Geoffrey R. Stone

There is a strategic rivalry, fact. There is a need for it. India wouldnt have pumped by their strategic capabilities if not for the unnecessary chinese attitude towards India.India has way too many friends and much access to technology which is a product of decades of works by very advanced countries, these actually give a much needed boost to Indian defense products.
Should I interpret that to mean you don't support a vision of accommodation and peace between India and China?

SPIEZ

Country flag
Buddy,this is medium range,P8i is Long range.
This is addition to P8i.
It's going to cost the same to keep it in the air. Than why the extra need?
If we buy the same platform at least we ll have some commonality.

Immanuel

Country flag
The P-8I is indeed the ideal for this competition too,The Navy will eventually have 24 P-8I, Just order another 8 for the MRMR requirement, 32 P-8I in total, 10 for defence our seas and 22 dedicated for hunting and killing.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It's going to cost the same to keep it in the air. Than why the extra need?
If we buy the same platform at least we ll have some commonality.
P8I operational cost & Flying cost is way more than C-130J..

flight duration of C-130J is more than P8I..

Both are different category..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles