Japan Self Defense Forces - Pictures & Videos

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
JMSDF Submarines moored at night at Kure Naval Base, Hiroshima

Photographer: Kenichi Nobusue, dated 4th of May, 2008. It's a bit hard to tell, but I think the two submarines in front are Harushio-class, and the third one behind them is an Oyashio-class. The Harushio is the oldest of three submarine classes currently serving in the JMSDF. The Oyashio is the second. The ship in the back is the submarine rescue ship JS Chihaya (ASR-403):

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

The lead ship of Japan's newest class of submarine, the Sōryū ('Blue Dragon'), executes a turn.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Two members of the Japan
Ground Self-Defense Force 9th Division, 5th Infantry Regiment, watch over a specified area during a March 13 exercise at Misawa Air Base, Japan. The JGSDF troops were part of a 24-hour Guard and Protect Exercise that partnered them with the Japan Air Self- Defense Force 3rd Air Wing and the U.S. Air Force 35th Security Forces Squadron.

Compersion

Country flag
The Japanese are the leaders in many fields but not defense. Think about that. It is out of incompetence - fear from others.

And to move the Japanese to strengthen its resolve to have more defense preparedness - is that wise thinking from others.

Its good India has good understanding and potential to expand Japan relationship be it in defense and non-defense areas irrespective of what others say and think (but it helps if there is conformity and motivation by the important state(s)).

(Apologies if this was posted in the wrong forum)

Last edited:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

JGSDF recon soldier aims his weapon while standing on his motorcycle

Two more soldiers take aim while riding.

Recon soldiers using bikes as shields, during a public demonstration. The vehicle in the back is the Type 87 Reconnaissance Combat Vehicle.

A bike trooper shows off a bit with a wheelie.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Japanese warship JS Asayuki (DD 132) docks in Manila, the Philippines, April 2, 2014. Two Japanese warships arrived in Manila on Wednesday for a four- day visit to the Philippines, the Philippine Navy said.

Japanese warship JS Shirane (DDH 143) docks in Manila, the Philippines, April 2, 2014.

Members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines looks on as the Japanese warship JS Shirane (DDH 143) docks in Manila, the Philippines, April 2, 2014.

Members of the Philippine Navy marching band welcome the Japanese warship JS Asayuki (DD 132) to dock in Manila, the Philippines, April 2, 2014.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Showing off the striking color scheme, a JASDF F-2 taxies on the apron of Nagoya - Komaki (Airport codes NKM / RJNA). The F-2 is an enlarged F-16 built for Japan only, being the primary anti-ship fighter in service to replace the aging F-1. Capable of carrying up to four anti-ship missiles, it has nearly double the load capacity of the aircraft that it replaced.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
India should buy C-2 to relieve stress from C-17.

View attachment 127147
View attachment 127148
I pray that we do that too. Though if you ask me, it would make more strategic sense for an emerging aerospace industry to buy Antonov An-70's complete design and start churning out the aircraft in India.

The sheer scope of job creation would be exponential. Even if buying the design and patent costs $2-3 billion, it is still an investment in the long term.

India would become a center to manufacture large cargo jets, Ukraine would make money that it is not making on the design and we will have an in-house aircraft that we don't need to rely on outsiders for.

If that does not happen, I would happily take the Kawasaki C-2. The Japanese are very keen to sell it to the Emiratis. I am pretty sure they'd love to pitch in when the Il-76 Gajrajs (Indian designation) start retiring. Most of our 20 Ils are over 30 years old and are in the process of being upgraded.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I pray that we do that too. Though if you ask me, it would make more strategic sense for an emerging aerospace industry to buy Antonov An-70's complete design and start churning out the aircraft in India.

The sheer scope of job creation would be exponential. Even if buying the design and patent costs $2-3 billion, it is still an investment in the long term.

India would become a center to manufacture large cargo jets, Ukraine would make money that it is not making on the design and we will have an in-house aircraft that we don't need to rely on outsiders for.

If that does not happen, I would happily take the Kawasaki C-2. The Japanese are very keen to sell it to the Emiratis. I am pretty sure they'd love to pitch in when the Il-76 Gajrajs (Indian designation) start retiring. Most of our 20 Ils are over 30 years old and are in the process of being upgraded.
AN-70 looks like a good aircraft too. But the most likely arrangment with it is domestic assembly.

But overall I think the Kawasaki C-2 would be a much better aircraft with easier and cheaper maintenamce from B767 engine and avionics that are mostly sourced from civilian aircraft industry. And I think a domestic assembly agreement would be viable too from the Japanese.

IndianHawk

Country flag

The first question is what is our total requirements for c17 type?? I don't think we require much more of them.

What we might require more is medium lift c130j .

So without knowing numbers required by IAF no point in speculating.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles