IT IS EVEN BIGGER: RUSSIA'S NEW HELICOPTER CARRIER TO REPLACE MISTRALS

jouni

In general I like that Russia is renewing it´s ancient Soviet fleet. I hope newer ships are less of an environmental hazard also. In the north where I live, we always wonder what might happen to those rusty ships at the Arctic fleet. Baltic Sea is very hazardous for Russian ships, I know that Russians regularly rehearse taking Åland islands, luckily both we and Sweden got quite good anti-ship weaponry.

arpakola

LOL, design is straight from the sixties... no azipod, no internal bay for landing crafts. This is like changing Peugeot Coupe to UAZ. ;). 60 years old concept even before the construction starts. This kind of project could have only been made in USSR...hey wait...

Regarding the price of the new ship.. if Government gives 1bn $ for the project, by general rule 500 million goes to corruption, 200 million to general incompetence and for the final product 300 million. What kind of ship can you have for 300 million?
LOL talking about the new design of floating Hotel like Mistral..? :dude:
Thats good only for landing to African bananias and protectorates France used to have..
This floating hotel needs a fleet around it to protect it in real combat conditions..

Low profile , flex and well equiped with guns and antiair staff is what realy Russia needs as landing ship..

16 Helis .. is a good number also for landing support..

Akim

Professional
Country flag
LOL talking about the new design of floating Hotel like Mistral..? :dude:
Thats good only for landing to African bananias and protectorates France used to have..
This floating hotel needs a fleet around it to protect it in real combat conditions..

Low profile , flex and well equiped with guns and antiair staff is what realy Russia needs as landing ship..

16 Helis .. is a good number also for landing support..

Russia does not need this type of warship. It's a colonial ship. In Russia there are no such areas, in addition to the Kuril Islands.

marrakesh

Russia does not need this type of warship. It's a colonial ship. In Russia there are no such areas, in addition to the Kuril Islands.
For many years I have served in the Marines of the Pacific Fleet :biggrin2:
Based on my experience, I say that you are wrong on all counts.

Last edited:

marrakesh

In general I like that Russia is renewing it´s ancient Soviet fleet. I hope newer ships are less of an environmental hazard also. In the north where I live, we always wonder what might happen to those rusty ships at the Arctic fleet. Baltic Sea is very hazardous for Russian ships, I know that Russians regularly rehearse taking Åland islands, luckily both we and Sweden got quite good anti-ship weaponry.

Let's continue to hunt for submarines! :pound:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
For many years I have served in the Marines of the Pacific Fleet :biggrin2:
Based on my experience, I say that you are wrong on all counts.

I have already mentioned, only in the Pacific fleet he can be. Black pool shooting through ASM. The Baltic sea since WW1 was unsuitable for the Russian fleet. It is because of idleness, the sailors of the Baltic fleet brought the germ of the revolution. In the Northern fleet, this ship is not needed.

marrakesh

I have already mentioned, only in the Pacific fleet he can be. Black pool shooting through ASM. The Baltic sea since WW1 was unsuitable for the Russian fleet. It is because of idleness, the sailors of the Baltic fleet brought the germ of the revolution. In the Northern fleet, this ship is not needed.
If you mean about today, I agree, and General Staff agree with you too:biggrin2:. The two firsts Mistrals were planned for the Pacific Fleet.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
If you mean about today, I agree, and General Staff agree with you too:biggrin2:. The two firsts Mistrals were planned for the Pacific Fleet.
However, they wanted to build 4 units. Besides building only 2 units - not cost-effective.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Cost-effective isn't important to military. Battle-effective is major.
Economic feasibility should always be. The exception is if you have a very strong economy. These warships have zero added value and of no interest to the enterprise. Russia is now a market economy and not the planned economy in the USSR. So if you decide to do them they will do very long. Спустя рукава (Slipshod). About the tank "Armata" I've heard about 5-6 years ago. What is the result?

marrakesh

Economic feasibility should always be. The exception is if you have a very strong economy. These warships have zero added value and of no interest to the enterprise. Russia is now a market economy and not the planned economy in the USSR. So if you decide to do them they will do very long. Спустя рукава (Slipshod). About the tank "Armata" I've heard about 5-6 years ago. What is the result?
Do you know the notion of the "budget"?
Spending on defense is provided in the 20 trillion rubles to 2020, and each line is spelled out.
"Armata" promised to show on the parade 2015. This was done.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Do you know the notion of the "budget"?
Spending on defense is provided in the 20 trillion rubles to 2020, and each line is spelled out.
"Armata" promised to show on the parade 2015. This was done.
I will not look for the video where it stalled. Big budget in Russia we have a small - all the same it will get stolen. In Sochi Russia flooded (although there was construction for the 2014 Olympics) we Kharkiv (there also was renovated for Euro 2012).Need tight control, as in China. And new technology. The Soviet Union never built ships of this type. Means and modern Russia will not be able.

jouni

The more Russia puts money to arms, the sooner new 1991 comes. New restart, lets see what kind of this time...Some people never learn.

marrakesh

The more Russia puts money to arms, the sooner new 1991 comes. New restart, lets see what kind of this time...Some people never learn.
Yet, I have seen the breakdown of the European Union

Gabriel92

Country flag
Lol,as if they had the funds and the capabilities to do so.
Just look how they are struggling with the "Ivan Gren",and they want to build this thing ? Let me laugh !
'Hey Putin,this is the crisis,what could we do ?" "We will build tanks,aircraft carriers,ships etc" !

marrakesh

Lol,as if they had the funds and the capabilities to do so.
Just look how they are struggling with the "Ivan Gren",and they want to build this thing ? Let me laugh !
'Hey Putin,this is the crisis,what could we do ?" "We will build tanks,aircraft carriers,ships etc" !
You swindlers, get money back! :pound:

marrakesh

You will get nada.
So when will you sue us in court,we are waiting,in what court ? :lol:
“Erwarten Sie nicht, einmal ausgenutzt Schwäche Russlands ist, werden Sie immer Dividenden erhalten. Russland immer wieder für ihr Geld. Und wenn sie kommen – nicht auf der Jesuit unterzeichneten Vereinbarung, die Sie verlassen, sind Sie sollen zu rechtfertigen. Sie sind nicht das Papier wert, es steht geschrieben. Deshalb, mit der Russischen Kosten oder Fairplay oder kein Spiel.” (c)Otto Eduard Leopold von Bismarck-Schönhausen

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles