ISRO General News and Updates

anupamsurey

Country flag
Seriously dude......:doh:

Every Indian contributed Rs 3.6 for MOM. I am pretty certain I would have contributed the share of 1000 poor Indians for Tiranga on MARS.
no need of doing that, every eligible Indian must pay its taxes to Govt. that's enough for our country.
according to a report just 5 PC of Indians pay taxes, which is nearly 20 pc in china, and far better in other countries. tell me do we have any hope to develop with that kind of tax collection, all our govt does is get Indirect taxes from people.

mahesh

Country flag
Complete blackout of this news in british media even though it concerns them. Contrast this with news of petty crimes happening even in remort parts of India reported in international media.
By the way I read this on theregister.co.uk ....the brits in the comments were behaving funny, they say rocket making is nothing big we can easily do it. The real thing is to develop satellites. :bounce:

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2015/07/06/india_to_launch_five_brit_satellites/
when someone come infront of big obstecals, We heard people saying the "its not a rocket science" to feel difficult and not achievable.
but here they say, rocket science easy

sorcerer

Country flag
fyodor said:
Complete blackout of this news in british media even though it concerns them. Contrast this with news of petty crimes happening even in remort parts of India reported in international media.
By the way I read this on theregister.co.uk ....the brits in the comments were behaving funny, they say rocket making is nothing big we can easily do it. The real thing is to develop satellites. :bounce:
Students in India build satellites
For BRITS Satellites are the REAL thing..complicated and real !!!!!

These Britards!!! :bounce: :bounce:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StudSat
StudSat is a CubeSat satellite designed by students. This project was conceptualized and project managed by undergraduate students across India
Nano Satellite Developed by College Students Set for Crucial Tests
BENGALURU: PISAT, a nano satellite built by a consortium of colleges led by PES University, is ready to undergo vibration and thermo-vacuum tests, the PISAT development team of Crucible of Research and Innovation (CORI), PES University, has said.

“The prototype of the satellite is ready. We are waiting for Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to complete a few tests. After reviewing, we will hand over the satellite to ISRO for launch,” said Vice-Chancellor K N B Murthy. Representatives from colleges part of the consortium like Sona College of Technology, Salem, VEL Tech University and SKR Engineering College, Chennai, met the team from Bengaluru recently to discuss the progress of the satellite.

PISAT, weighing about 5 Kg, is designed as a three-axis stabilised imaging satellite. It will be launched in the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) at an altitude around 630 km from the earth’s surface and an inclination of 97.866 degree, which leads to about 14 orbits per day.

PESIT has commissioned S-Band ground station which is the main communication centre for PISAT. The nano satellite project is undertaken in association with ISRO and Institution of Engineers, India (IEI).

Its aim is to enlighten the students about space technology and provide an opportunity for them to have a hands-on experience with space technology.
A host of other satellites made by students in India!
http://www.cqdx.ru/ham/ham_radio/indian-students-develop-new-satellites/
http://mattersindia.com/2015/06/21/kerala-college-to-build-satellite/
http://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...r-Crucial-Tests/2015/01/16/article2621503.ece
http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/node/5372
www.nmit.ac.in/Centerforsmallsatellite.aspx?LinkId=46

No wonder Brits are moving down the food chain in the international arena!!

CrYsIs

Country flag
:D A so called developed country should be "explained" about the possibility of SPace science in overall socio economic development!!!!

Space research is an extremely expensive venture and only a handful of countries in the world can afford to launch and operate satellites.Even many uber rich developed countries cannot afford that.

Since India is an impoverished country ,questions will be raised about India's priorities.

To shut their mouth,we need to improve upon our social conditions.

I am not saying to end the space program,rather end wasteful programs like subsidies to middle class,plug in leakages in PDS and increase health and education budget.

CrYsIs

Country flag
Seriously dude......:doh:

Every Indian contributed Rs 3.6 for MOM. I am pretty certain I would have contributed the share of 1000 poor Indians for Tiranga on MARS.
I have no objections to our space program,But many foreigners do because Space science is a very controversial subject in the west.Many see it as elitist's grandeur because during the space race era (1950-1975) both the superpowers used to spend money like water on their space program and hence since then investment in space science is seen unfavorably.

Bheeshma

Britain has no ICBM, space rocket and a lot of related technology. They have been surviving by being american ass lickers. Unlike french and germans who actually are good at it.

CrYsIs

Country flag
have you been living under a rock...:lol: The Brits hate us.(in the political sphere obviously)
The right wing nutters do but not the general population.If they hated us with passion,they wouldn't have generously allowed so many of us to migrate there.

In the 70's when Idi Amin expelled his Indian population,they allowed their entire lot to settle in the UK.
Oh! i forgot to mention,curry is their national dish. :tongue:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
The right wing nutters do but not the general population.If they hated us with passion,they wouldn't have generously allowed so many of us to migrate there.

In the 70's when Idi Amin expelled his Indian population,they allowed their entire lot to settle in the UK.
Oh! i forgot to mention,curry is their national dish. :tongue:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
@blueblood

CrYsIs

Country flag
@CrYsIs and we should also mention in passing that many developed countries like UK do not have the capability to launch a space mission.
UK has the capability to launch rockets in space but they choose not to do so.They cannot launch rockets from UK because the debris will fall in other neighboring countries.Besides that northern hemisphere is not a favourable place to launch rockets,Almost all rocket launching takes place at regions near to equator.

To run a rocket program so far off would be uber expensive,so therefore all the European countries teamed up to form a united space agency,the ESA and the cost of operation is shared by all

anupamsurey

Country flag
UK has the capability to launch rockets in space but they choose not to do so.They cannot launch rockets from UK because the debris will fall in other neighboring countries.Besides that northern hemisphere is not a favourable place to launch rockets,Almost all rocket launching takes place at regions near to equator.

To run a rocket program so far off would be uber expensive,so therefore all the European countries teamed up to form a united space agency,the ESA and the cost of operation is shared by all
its just an excuse to avoid any extra burden on pocket of her majesty's costly gown.France is part of euro but it is distancing itself from ESA. the fact is UK is not in position from any aspect to have something like space programme, even the spot held by england in scientific research has also been dwindling (one cannot compare it to germany or france).
Somebody said that UK is now a bankers and dealers country ....it cant bite so it just shows its teeth:)

sorcerer

Country flag
Space research is an extremely expensive venture and only a handful of countries in the world can afford to launch and operate satellites.Even many uber rich developed countries cannot afford that.
This is exactly what India wants the Brits to accept and not ridicule another nations achievements by ignoring factors. If India with its economic methods manage a huge space program efficiently imagine what ISRO can do with more than optimum funding..

Space like NATO war is an extremely expensive venture But space technology helps mankind...NATO war is futile against hypothetical enemies.

Since India is an impoverished country ,questions will be raised about India's priorities.
Indias priorities are right..Be in the league with the nations that has core technology and innovations at the same time minimize the social divide.

To shut their mouth,we need to improve upon our social conditions.
Which is an ongoing process.
Like the west India has its own politics to deal with.

sorcerer

Country flag
I have no objections to our space program,But many foreigners do because Space science is a very controversial subject in the west.Many see it as elitist's grandeur because during the space race era (1950-1975) both the superpowers used to spend money like water on their space program and hence since then investment in space science is seen unfavorably.
What abut NATO wars in which the west is spending tax payers money like water ?
Atleast with space program we are helping mankind and innovations + Indians pride abroad.

CrYsIs

Country flag
its just an excuse to avoid any extra burden on pocket of her majesty's costly gown.France is part of euro but it is distancing itself from ESA. the fact is UK is not in position from any aspect to have something like space programme, even the spot held by england in scientific research has also been dwindling (one cannot compare it to germany or france).
Somebody said that UK is now a bankers and dealers country ....it cant bite so it just shows its teeth:)
France distanced itself from ESA? when ? At 22%,it is the largest contributor to ESA funds,followed by Germany and UK.

The British may not have launching capability but they are a big player in the satellite industry.Their satellite operation business in nearly worth 8-9 billion $,In comparison,India's satellite industry is much smaller.

As said before,they are not into rocket launching purely because of the costs involved and not due lack of technical knowhow.

sorcerer

Country flag
France distanced itself from ESA? when ? At 22%,it is the largest contributor to ESA funds,followed by Germany and UK.

The British may not have launching capability but they are a big player in satellite industry.Their satellite operation business in nearly worth 8-9 billion $,In comparison,India's satellite industry is much smaller.

As said before,they are not into rocket launching purely because of the costs involved and not due lack of technical knowhow.
:D
India can do this in millions what them do with billions :D . India has the most economic space program..Meaning..ISRO knows what it is doing!!

IndiaSpend earlier wrote that ISRO’s total budget from 2003-04 to 2012-13 was Rs 43,867 crore. It can be assumed safely that ISRO’s budget, since its inception, would be only twice or thrice as much as NASA’s yearly budget (around $17 billion a year).

But even with such low annual allocations, ISRO has successfully launched 100 missions till now.NASA has launched more than 150 – many arguably grander – missions till now. Incidentally, NASA started in the 1958 while ISRO started in the 1960s.
But India’s Space Adventures Make Money Too
http://www.indiaspend.com/cover-story/but-indias-space-adventures-make-money-too-77331

CrYsIs

Country flag
This is exactly what India wants the Brits to accept and not ridicule another nations achievements by ignoring factors. If India with its economic methods manage a huge space program efficiently imagine what ISRO can do with more than optimum funding..
Space like NATO war is an extremely expensive venture But space technology helps mankind...NATO war is futile against hypothetical enemies.
Indias priorities are right..Be in the league with the nations that has core technology and innovations at the same time minimize the social divide.
Which is an ongoing process.
Like the west India has its own politics to deal with.
As said before,I am not against our space program and not even against space exploration programs like MOM or forthcoming venus and mars 2 mission.I am a science guy myself.

What i am concerned is that the government needs to spend a hell lot more on social issues.

Spending just 1% of GDP on health and a few odd crores on higher education will not take us to the numero uno position.

CrYsIs

Country flag
:D
India can do this in millions what them do with billions :D . India has the most economic space program..Meaning..ISRO knows what it is doing!!

But India’s Space Adventures Make Money Too
http://www.indiaspend.com/cover-story/but-indias-space-adventures-make-money-too-77331
Actually it's a popular myth.The cost of launching satellites from India is not that cheap

It's cheaper than US and ESA but at par with Russia and China,both of whom are dominant player in launching business.And with private players like SpaceX rapidly eating up this business with their even cheaper rockets,India will face very stiff competition.

India is a newbe in this business with a market share of less than 1%.Outdated light launchers like PSLV & GSLV will not give us a large pie.

We need more modern and modular rockets with higher payload capabilities.

pmaitra

The UK owns territory close to the equator, called Diego Garcia. If the Russians can launch satellites from Plesetsk, co could the UK.

The UK does not have any capability to launch satellites. I will accept I am wrong when they actually launch a satellite. I mean, the UK should launch a satellite, not the ESA.
As said before,I am not against our space program and not even against space exploration programs like MOM or forthcoming venus and mars 2 mission.I am a science guy myself.

What i am concerned is that the government needs to spend a hell lot more on social issues.

Spending just 1% of GDP on health and a few odd crores on higher education will not take us to the numero uno position.
The government should spend more on building rockets and sending people to space. That way, more jobs will be generated, and more people will be pulled out of poverty, who then will pay taxes, and then the government can allocate more money for healthcare.

Simply dumping money into healthcare is not a solution, just a stop gap postponement of an unsustainable attempt at getting a warm and fuzzy feeling.

pmaitra

Actually it's a popular myth.The cost of launching satellites from India is not that cheap

It's cheaper than US and ESA but at par with Russia and China,both of whom are dominant player in launching business.And with private players like SpaceX rapidly eating up this business with their even cheaper rockets,India will face very stiff competition.

India is a newbe in this business with a market share of less than 1%.Outdated light launchers like PSLV & GSLV will not give us a large pie.

It is not a myth. You simply claimed that it is a myth, but there is nothing in your post that proves your claim.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

RLV is coming ... give it a few years... we will remain the cheapest. :lol: 500$ per KG baby

CrYsIs

Country flag
The UK owns territory close to the equator, called Diego Garcia. If the Russians can launch satellites from Plesetsk, co could the UK.

The UK does not have any capability to launch satellites. I will accept I am wrong when they actually launch a satellite. I mean, the UK should launch a satellite, not the ESA.

The government should spend more on building rockets and sending people to space. That way, more jobs will be generated, and more people will be pulled out of poverty, who then will pay taxes, and then the government can allocate more money for healthcare.

Simply dumping money into healthcare is not a solution, just a stop gap postponement of an unsustainable attempt at getting a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Plesetsk is Russia's ICBM base converted to space port.

You have to understand that Russia is not like the rest of Europe.It's vastly an empty country with majority of it's population living in the moscow district alone.

Majority of the spent stage fall into the vast empty Siberia and chances of it falling into habitable zone are slim.Besides they have precisely demarcated the impact zone.

Diego Garcia is just too small to run a space port.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles