Is India (BECOMING) a colony of China?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
One of Our very respected members started a thread about Prc being the world's greatest copycat - while that may well be so, their economic policies, both legal and downright illegal seem to be paying off - the prc is able to prove , it seems , that crime pays, at least economic crime .

To give and idea about their success here is an article appearing in the blogs of the TImes Of India and it gives in detail some of the scary policies that prc is using against india - and apparently they seem to be working :-

Is India a colony of China? : Kingshuk Nag's blog-The Times Of India

The author, Kingshuk Nag , begins by describing how the british colonisation of india began not by military force but indeed was undertaken by an economic enterprise ..... the infamous East INdia COMPANY .. he then goes on to describe the ever increasing imbalance in the balance of payments again not necessary to say in who's favour .

He then describes the width and scale of the imports coming from china and how these are over and above the actual written allowed imports as per legal agreements and how even the supreme court of one of the provinces of india had to intervene to prevent the prc from "stealing raw material legally"

among other matter he describes how this ecoomic advantage is being used to dievert other resources such as water from the tibetan plateau from going their natural way and to benefit only the prc

He ends by warning that prc's increasing popularity in certain circles in India is a death-knell for tha nation

A well -worth it read and most relevant to todays' scenario

Going beyond the article, I can also see its accuracy in how prc is skillfully utilising India's software professionals via employment in a company called Huawei to develop communications products which are now marketed globally and instead indian brand names are virtually unknown

cir

What a load of rubbish!

But if Indians keep this mindset, their country will, as it had been for hundred of years under the British,indeed become a colony of any country that India deals with。

Accept the fact that Indians can't compete。

Sit and do nothing or cry like a baby will only serve to show what a laughingstock of the world India is。

pmaitra

What a load of rubbish!

But if Indians keep this mindset, their country will, as it had been for hundred of years under the British,indeed become a colony of any country that India deals with。

Sit and do nothing or cry like a baby will only serve to show what a laughingstock of the world India is。
You are clearly flaming, but I'll take something valuable out of your comment.

"Sit and do nothing or cry like a baby will only serve to show what a laughing stock of the world India is."

This is something that India and Indians have to keep in mind, and realize that sitting and complaining sometimes simply do not work, and you have to 'tighten your belt, pick up the shovel, and get down to work.'

Indians are doing what they must do for their well-being. If, say, Huawei offers better opportunities and prospects than, say, TCS, Satyam, Infosys, et al., why should an Indian not join Huawei? Let water find its own level. Moreover, these IT majors are really not trying hard enough to make a dent in the Product Market and banking on the Services Market. They do not fund research in Universities, they do not offer scholarships and grants to students to the extent which they can afford to, and at the same time, go about trying to gobble up the tax returns of their employees posted in the US.

The Chinese are not foolish. They very much know that they have a big barrier when it comes to English language, and they are not only hard working enough to learn English, they are also willing to hire Chinese from Hong Kong, or even Indians from India, to further the success of their companies.

Finally, I see so many budding colleges all over the place, all teaching 'computer science,' yet, they hardly have teachers who can teach fundamental mathematical concepts, like numerical methods, machine learning, probability and statistics, which are are founding pillars of computer science. The kind of training given in India, with the exception of the likes of IITs, is nothing more than just the skill to code away and churn out patches and releases, but does not impart any skills when it comes to critical thinking and offering unique solutions to problems.

This will definitely hold India back!

cir

Talking about India being a colony of a country, that country is still the UK, for India has stuck to what the Brits left behinbd, including the parliamentary politics,the governmental structure、the legal system and even the language。

It is an experience of great fun to hear Indians speaking Hindi which contains so many English sounding words。Good heritage huh?:rofl:

trackwhack

What a load of rubbish!

What a crock of shit. Percentage of economy wise, Indian companies have invested a higher rate in China than China in India. Over time the lack of investment will result in Chinese products being replaced by Indian ones as we scale. On the other hand Indian companies especially IT have big presence as well as plans in China. What if in 10 years Indian software employs 100,000 in China. Do you think there is no stake there. You gotta be kidding me with that bullshit reasoning of yours. Anyway we both will be around for some time on this forum. We will see who has shit on their face.

p.s. and yes, we will kick your arse to kingdom come if you think you can try stunts despite this.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Talking about India being a colony of a country, that country is still the UK, for India has stuck to what the Brits left behinbd, including the parliamentary politics,the governmental structure、the legal system and even the language。

It is an experience of great fun to hear Indians speaking Hindi which contains so many English sounding words。Good heritage huh。:rofl:
First of all, what kind of keyboard are you using? You got some unusual characters bud! ,,、'。.

Now, coming to your points:
  • Parliamentary politics: Yes, it is slow, cacophonous, complicated; but still better than a single party rule like that of CCP.
  • Governmental structure: Our governmental structure, as well as gubernatorial processes, are quite stable, and functioning well. There is the problem of bureaucracy, red-tapism, litigation, extensions, postponements, etc., but these are being worked on and we are working on streamlining our system.
  • Legal system: It is definitely better than that of PRC. The adage, 'innocent unless proven guilty,' even de jure, acts as a buffer against the audacity often displayed by PLA, where they can go about and summarily execute people in Tibet or East Turkestan. I am not going to replace the existing legal system with one on the lines of the legal system of PRC.
  • The language, English: This is one thing that you can never take away from us. It has worked wonders. It is not only about how intelligent you are, but how trainable you are. Even if you do not know enough, the fact that you can communicate shows you are easily trainable. There is a reason why the interface of Chinese companies dealing with the West are most often than not, Chinese from Hong Kong! Look closer home.

Last edited:

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

It is an experience of great fun to hear Indians speaking Hindi which contains so many English sounding words。Good heritage huh?:rofl:
Oh no the only colony is that China is of USA. It is funny to see China working like slaves 12 hours a day. And the money they save is invested in USA bonds without their permission.:lol::lol:

Heard that if American masters says it is morning, then their Chinese slave in the company say it is morning. They simply can't ask questions to their American master.:lol:

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The article is pure rubbish. PRC product is famous in India because most of the Western companies have manufacturing base there. Unless India reforms labour laws nobody is going to invest in India due to high cost of manufacturing here. Moreover India doesn't have many raw materials required for manufacturing electronics goods whereas China is rich in rare earth metal.

So yes blame Congress that has brought an entire generation of Indian population on reservation and entitlement.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wonder why 300 million Chinese are making an all out effort to learn English.

satish007

Wonder why 300 million Chinese are making an all out effort to learn English.
Because the world controlled by English speakers. and Most Chinese are peach lovers and Most of they just want have war with Indian using mouth.

pmaitra

Because the world controlled by English speakers. and Most Chinese are peach lovers and Most of they just want have war with Indian using mouth.
I am like most Chinese. I love them too. They grow them a lot in the Carolinas.

Here is a picture of a water tower from Gaffney, South Carolina, that I never miss when I pass that town. :)

satish007

sir, I am glad to see you post own opinion but please kindly post some positive stuff, India and China are not competitors.
we need to help each other and grow together.
BTW, everyone knows Chinese are doing good so Indian are.
Could you mind post thing like this thread instead of copy and paste miracle happen again in China,bla,bla...

pmaitra

sir, I am glad to see you post own opinion but please kindly post some positive stuff, India and China are not competitors.
we need to help each other and grow together.
BTW, everyone knows Chinese are doing good so Indian are.
Could you mind post thing like this thread instead of copy and paste miracle happen again in China,bla,bla...
To be frank, India and PRC, are competitors. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is PRC arming Pakistan with nukes and missiles. Ideally, there should be peaceful coexistence, but humans are greedy by nature, right?

satish007

I am like most Chinese. I love them too. They grow them a lot in the Carolinas.

Here is a picture of a water tower from Gaffney, South Carolina, that I never miss when I pass that town. :)

thanks, I am trying my best to improve my english, thanks for correcting.

pmaitra

thanks, I am trying my best to improve my english, thanks for correcting.
No offense my friend, just a little jibe. You can also take a pot shot at me. I am sure I will make some mistake sometime. Keep watching. :)

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The article is pure rubbish. PRC product is famous in India because most of the Western companies have manufacturing base there. Unless India reforms labour laws nobody is going to invest in India due to high cost of manufacturing here. Moreover India doesn't have many raw materials required for manufacturing electronics goods whereas China is rich in rare earth metal.

So yes blame Congress that has brought an entire generation of Indian population on reservation and entitlement.
That's because we don't want to be mindless zombie slave labours like Chinese. There is also a FoxConn factory in Chennai but you will never hear suicides of workers because we work efficiently on our terms not FoxConn's terms unlike Chinese who suicide on a regular basis in China's Foxconn factories because they are being used as Zombie slave labours by FoxConn and they comply.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If I maybe permitted, this is one of the least educated post I have seen on this thread.

India is a country that is historically not insular. Because of its religious philosophy, it embraces the good of all people, languages and cultures. Only a person devoid of intelligence and education would find imbibing the good of the world as servitude.

That India has taken the best of the Vedic, Mughal and the British indicates that it has the courage to imbibe all sorts of multifaceted aspects that have crossed its horizon and spanned its history.

By this imbecilic statement - India being a colony of a country, that country is still the UK, for India has stuck to what the Brits left behinbd, including the parliamentary politics,the governmental structure、the legal system and even the language。, it would appear that China is a colony of Russia and the US. After all, Communism is what China learnt at the feet of Russian dictators and now they are following the US, as their lapdogs, having converted to US style of capitalism.

satish007

To be frank, India and PRC, are competitors. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is PRC arming Pakistan with nukes and missiles. Ideally, there should be peaceful coexistence, but humans are greedy by nature, right?
Just because our former leaders had problem at dealing with the territory. now the world is global. people feel free to make living all around the world, why we are still sticking we are competitors. we are both big countries and we should work together.

pmaitra

Just because our former leaders had problem at dealing with the territory. now the world is global. people feel free to make living all around the world, why we are still sticking we are competitors. we are both big countries and we should work together.
We are both big countries, and we need a lot of energy, and there isn't much of it left anyway, so these two big countries can get into fisticuffs anytime, via proxies. For example, look how PRC is funding South Sudan. Why? They got that lovely liquid called oil.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If I maybe permitted, this is one of the least educated post I have seen on this thread.

India is a country that is historically not insular. Because of its religious philosophy, it embraces the good of all people, languages and cultures. Only a person devoid of intelligence and education would find imbibing the good of the world as servitude.

That India has taken the best of the Vedic, Mughal and the British indicates that it has the courage to imbibe all sorts of multifaceted aspects that have crossed its horizon and spanned its history.

Hindi, Urdu and many Indian languages have taken foreign words to enrich their languages. Janla or window is Portuguese word.

Persian words in hindi:

Vegetable: SUB-ZI

Cheese: PA-NEER

colour- rang

orange-naranji

white - safed

aloof - dur

always - hamesha

certainly not - hargiz nahin

We - Ham

Now, here are some words that English has taken from Indian languages:

Bandanna
from Bandhna,(बांधना) to tie a scarf around the head.
Bangle
from Bāngṛī बांगड़ी, a type of bracelet.
Blighty
"Britain" (as a term of endearment among British troops stationed in Colonial India): from Hindi-Urdu vilāyatī (विलायती, ولايتى) "foreign", ultimately from Arabo-Persian ولايتى "provincial, regional".
Bungalow
from बंगला banglA & Urdu بنگلہ banglA, literally, "(house) in the Bengal style".

So, is the UK a colony of India?

Read this:

Influence of Indian Languages on China, Korea and Japan
Link
So China, Korea and Japan are colonies of India?

By this imbecilic statement - India being a colony of a country, that country is still the UK, for India has stuck to what the Brits left behinbd, including the parliamentary politics,the governmental structure、the legal system and even the language。, it would appear that China is a colony of Russia and the US. After all, Communism is what China learnt at the feet of Russian dictators and now they are following the US, as their lapdogs, having converted to US style of capitalism.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles