INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Hey guys porkies are reporting that Vicky has left her home port and headed towards porky waters, is that true?
Emperor left his castle long back. He was few nautical miles away from karachi port with his cavalry. That is why these fuckers declared emergency and made blackout. Pak Army made citizens come out on roads and do mujra.

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Emperor left his castle long back. He was few nautical miles away from karachi port with his cavalry. That is why these fuckers declared emergency and made blackout. Pak Army made citizens come out on roads and do mujra.
If thats true then this is the best opportunity. I have been saying this for a long time that a combined and coordinated land air and naval offensive should be launched and target key paki installations. Karachi and gawadar ports should be leveled and the capital ships of the paki navy sunk. Its time to load the Flankers with the Brahmos and let the pakis have them.

rone

Country flag
Heading for chabahar ? really like to see new developments

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hey guys porkies are reporting that Vicky has left her home port and headed towards porky waters, is that true?
Vicky has been at sea since Feb 15. A CBG has been patrolling the northern Arabian sea.

The night of the failed PAF mission in which they lost Shahzaz Ud-Din, India was going to bomb Karachi port to smithereens with precision missile strikes from this CBG.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Heading for chabahar ? really like to see new developments
Not chabhahar , it was karachi. The day when WC was taken into custody by Pak officials , Emperor and his cavalry got green signal to repeat operation trident. Press meet scheduled for 5pm then postponed to 7pm. Then he was asked to roll a bit back and sit tight for further instructions.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
INS Vikramaditya fire: Navy says aircraft carrier will participate in ‘Varuna’ exercise, Karwar base contradicts
INS Vikramaditya was returning to its base in Karwar to take part in the joint exercise with France slated from May 1-6 off Karwar and Goa coasts, when the fire took place in it.

Arunkumar Huralimath
Express News Service

KARWAR: With just four days to go for an Indo-French naval exercise, questionsare being raised on the participation of the host country’s only aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in it.

Though highly placed sources in the Indian Navy told TNIE that the vessel will participate in ‘Varuna’ exercise, insiders in the INS Kadamba Naval Base in Karwar said it is doubtful, after Friday’s fire accident in the aircraft carrier in which a naval officer died and nine others suffered injuries.

ALSO READ | Naval officer dies while fighting fire on board INS Vikramaditya, nine injured

After participating in Operational Sea Training off Kochi coast, INS Vikramaditya was returning to its base in Karwar to take part in the joint exercise with France slated from May 1-6 off Karwar and Goa coasts, when the accident took place.

The 17th edition of Indo-France naval exercise features INS Vikramaditya with MiG-29K and FNS Charles de Gaulle of France with Rafale-M naval fighter jets.

Sources in the Indian Navy told TNIE that the fire accident damaged a compartment of the vessel. Though it may not affect its operations, sources said it could take a month to rectify it.

India will deploy its destroyers including INS Chennai, stealth frigate INS Tarkash, auxiliary ships, submarines, helicopters and more with its hundreds of crew in the joint exercise. Along with its nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, France will deploy some of its destroyers and nuclear attack submarines.

“The exercise will be conducted as per scheduled. Whether INS Vikramaditya participates or not will have no effect on other exercises and activities. Under the bilateral agreement, both the countries have planned to expand their maritime collaborative efforts and this year’s exercise will be the largest so far under Varuna edition”, a Navy official said.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...exercise-karwar-base-contradicts-1969597.html

Hari Sud

Country flag
Is it a big fire accident on Vikramaditya or minor incident blown out of proportion by arm chair admirals.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Is it a big fire accident on Vikramaditya or minor incident blown out of proportion by arm chair admirals.
It was engine compartment fire as reported. It takes time to assess the damage. I guess we shall know in couple of months.

Snowcat

Country flag
So guys i have heard something from a source about the recent fire on INS vikramaditya.
It was mentioned earlier that a naval officer died during fire fighting. It has come to my knowledge that 5 seamen were trapped in the ER during the fire and all of them succumbed to their injuries.
The thing that i am disappointed is that none of this info was mentioned either by Navy or news sources , and if navy is somehow trying to hide the casualties , that is just straight disrespectful to the fallen.

Narasimh

Country flag
So guys i have heard something from a source about the recent fire on INS vikramaditya.
It was mentioned earlier that a naval officer died during fire fighting. It has come to my knowledge that 5 seamen were trapped in the ER during the fire and all of them succumbed to their injuries.
The thing that i am disappointed is that none of this info was mentioned either by Navy or news sources , and if navy is somehow trying to hide the casualties , that is just straight disrespectful to the fallen.
Navy has always informed whether it was Sindhughosh incident or the boiler room accident previously. Such speculation based on unverified sources is incorrect.

Snowcat

Country flag
Navy has always informed whether it was Sindhughosh incident or the boiler room accident previously. Such speculation based on unverified sources is incorrect.
Well I guess it's just a speculation until the official word comes from navy then. Then all the sources are pretty much unconfirmed till the navy says so. Who's to say they aren't hiding it , especially since we have been seeing constant failures in the equipment of our defense forces.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Well I guess it's just a speculation until the official word comes from navy then. Then all the sources are pretty much unconfirmed till the navy says so. Who's to say they aren't hiding it , especially since we have been seeing constant failures in the equipment of our defense forces.
It was a steam pipe explosion from the boilers. 9 other people were injured either being burnt from boiling water or inhaling fumes from the fire afterwards. It is not unreasonable to assume that some of the injured succumbed to their injuries but the Navy isn't going to release it until the families are ready. A cover-up would have been we never heard about it at all and it comes out years later on social media like the Chinese do.

Snowcat

Country flag
It was a steam pipe explosion from the boilers. 9 other people were injured either being burnt from boiling water or inhaling fumes from the fire afterwards. It is not unreasonable to assume that some of the injured succumbed to their injuries but the Navy isn't going to release it until the families are ready. A cover-up would have been we never heard about it at all and it comes out years later on social media like the Chinese do.
I agree with your explanation but then why did they release the news about that only One officer succumbed to his injuries. I guess it's true , what happens at sea , stay at sea.
I do hope that I am wrong about the info I shared.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I agree with your explanation but then why did they release the news about that only One officer succumbed to his injuries. I guess it's true , what happens at sea , stay at sea.
I do hope that I am wrong about the info I shared.
He died the same day, the others were taken to hospital so there was nothing to release at the time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles