Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Hade been wearing "Patka" would he not have ended up with a mere concussion? We shouldn't follow the rest of the world's folly blindly...
Right we shouldn't but army decided to go for ACH only due to lack of protection above head. It's better than nothing. Still pros and cons of both. Never doubted the Patka. It is still preferred by many SF teams even after having Highcut , ACH , PASGT & orlite available.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Did the bullet in this case move within the "foam" and protect the skull? The damage seems too extensive. Coming to the default config, shouldn't the CT folks have protection for AK47's? 9mm/10mm may be useful for domestic issues in US. Not sure if they suffice here.
I doubt that bullet travelled within the helmet. Otherwise the shape would have been distorted between two impact marks. And don't forget the head in between those two holes. The helmet is merely few MMs thik. The first impact seems like bullet didn't penetrate & stuck while other seems like bullet got deflected due to it's curvey shape. i could be wrong here . Still these are assumptions supported by reports I read about bullets hitting helmets in past. Whatever happened there he was damn lucky to survive that.

It's too complex to select perfect helmets for a particular condition. IMHO reinforced fast/highcut helmets should be preferred in conditions like J&K with Protection against 7.62mm. The ear protection which is skipped in these helmets should be used at front & upper side which will be able to stop/resist larger calibre bullets keeping weight same as ACH/ECH. ACH will do the job in urban & desert warfare. PATKA with upper protection for jungle warfare would be ideal. Speed over heavier Protection is preferred by SF operators.

Last edited:

rohit b3

Country flag
I usually dont do this, but these western F^gts keep coming up with new "Special forces lists", and even though im pretty sure they know of the MARCOS atleast, if not the PARA SF, they completely ignore them on purpose. Pathakot attacks, 26/11 ....30,000+ Terrorists taken out in Kashmir, etc mean nothing to them.
China's Snow Leopard unit gets a mention, wow.
The least we can do is leave a dislike?

pruthvi24

Country flag
LOL this is one more new video based on some 10 year old magazine report nothing new here just ignore them we all know what our special forces can do its better if they work anonymously
I usually dont do this, but these western F^gts keep coming up with new "Special forces lists", and even though im pretty sure they know of the MARCOS atleast, if not the PARA SF, they completely ignore them on purpose. Pathakot attacks, 26/11 ....30,000+ Terrorists taken out in Kashmir, etc mean nothing to them.
China's Snow Leopard unit gets a mention, wow.
The least we can do is leave a dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles