Indian Army Armored Vehicles

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Ashok Leyland’s Medium Bullet-Proof Vehicle (MBPV) is a versatile and resilient bulletproof troop carrier. It combines all-terrain mobility and invincible protection and offers superior performance
Sir, is it in service ? Thoughtfully designed vehicle !

ladder

Country flag
If we manufacture vehicles like these, then why would we still order for Gypsys which is obsolete.
Recently IA ordered about 3000 gypsy from Maruti Suzuki, for which they (Maruti Suzuki) had to restart production. IA even got waiver for BS6 standard form GoI as there is no BS6 gypsy. The primary reason being Gypsy is smaller ( GS 500 vs GS 800 for Safari) which helps in the movement in smaller alleyways and single carriageway mountainous roads. Secondly gypsy has a soft top version which Safari hadn't ( now Tata has come out with Safari soft top variant).

aditya g

Country flag
Thanks for that. I believe that the Indian motor industry is mature enough to design bespoke purpose built vehicles to Indian Army .... these will be complete products rolling out from factory instead of being modified by 3rd party companies (eg: Takshak by Laggar Steel) or by army workshops.

I am truly excited by the LSV project, but frustrated by the slow progress although order has been awarded to Force Motors.

From Mahindra, I have seen at least 3 different models;

1. Mahindra Axe
2. LSV shown in pictures
3. HDT Storm

Tata also has a good LSV model.

Mahindra LSV at show for export under it's ME base.

Mahindra next gen marksmen

---------------------------------

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If we manufacture vehicles like these, then why would we still order for Gypsys which is obsolete.
If that pic is from UAE, engine, transmission, gearbox is either American or European for that particular Mahindra axe being assembled in UAE.

I have no sympathies for Mahindra defence chaps anymore, last time they were deselected from a tender(LSV I think) , they started legal proceedings and blocked the entire tender from moving forward. It delayed the process by two years, and even today we haven’t seen the final selected product of LSV(force motors).

I have respect for Mahindra as a group, but it looks like Anand Mahindra is going the libtard way after their American debut.

Yesterday he was tweeting about pollution free Diwali, he missed the irony that his diesel vehicles are part of the problem.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles