India moves close to China in growth rate

Country flag
India to inch closer to China in growth rate: World Bank - The Times of India

WASHINGTON: India's growth is expected to inch closer to that of China in near future, a top World Bank economist said here on Tuesday.
The World Bank had yesterday released its latest issue of Global Economic Prospects 2013, in which the economies of developing countries like India, China and Brazil are projected to be recovering and higher growth rate.
The World Bank expects that by 2015, the growth rate of China would be 7.9 per cent and that of India 7 per cent, World Bank Chief Economist Kaushik Basu told reporters during a conference call.
"We do expect India to inch closer to China and for a very, very good reason--not an analysis of what's happened over the last one year or two years, but a bit of a sweep of history," he said.
While the growth of the world economy growth is projected to inch up from 2.3 per cent in 2012 to 2.4 per cent in 2013, with the high-income countries remaining at the same level of growth of 1.3 per cent in both 2012 and 2013, it is the emerging markets like India, China and Brazil that would show significant signs of recovery.
"Growth in Brazil had gone down quite sharply in 2012 of 0.9. We at the World Bank are expecting Brazil to make a recovery to 3.
4 per cent in 2013. We are expecting recovery in the case of China from 7.9 per cent growth in 2012 to 8.4 per cent in 2013.
"We are expecting a recovery in India from 5.1 per cent growth in 2012 to 6.1 per cent growth in 2013," Basu said.

no smoking

Country flag
Didn't someone already claim that India would overtake China on growth rate in 2013? They change their mind AGAIN?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India already overtook China's growth. It is easy to do when there is none.

ice berg

India already overtook China's growth. It is easy to do when there is none.
Dont know what planet you are from but this article says clearly:

"We are expecting recovery in the case of China from 7.9 per cent growth in 2012 to 8.4 per cent in 2013."

cir

Pundits were WISHING India's growth rate to surpass China's several years ago。

Now the same bunch of pundits are saying that India's growth rates are INCHING closer to China's?

China's is an economy over 4 times larger than India's。Still China grew 7.8% in 2012,India 5-5.5%。

For Brahmos lovers:

The 400km+、M4+ YJ-12。:cool2:

sob

Mod
Country flag
I hate when people just discuss percentages without looking at the base figures.

The day we grow at 14% to China's 7% then I shall be happy and say that we are finally moving ahead.

Germany with 2% growth rate makes much bigger news and impact than India with 5% or 5.5% or whatever we will end up this year.

sob

Mod
Country flag

Now the same bunch of pundits are saying that India's growth rates are INCHING closer to China's?

China's is an economy over 4 times larger than India's。Still China grew 7.8% in 2012,India 5-5.5%。

For Brahmos lovers:

Useless post. Debate on the merits of the thread instead of stupid propaganda.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

For Brahmos lovers:

I have not got the connection.

Could it be this?

When trains from all over the country pull into the station, the first things that meet the eyes of revolutionary teachers and students are the huge red streamers inscribed with the words "Long live our great leader Chairman Mao!" and many quotations from Chairman Mao written on the walls or on boards along the streets. The Red Guards broadcast over loudspeakers our most respected and beloved leader Chairman Mao's teachings, such as: "The core of our strength, which leads us in our cause, is the Communist Party of China. The theoretical basis which guides our thinking is Marxism-Leninism."
The Sunlight of Mao Tse-tung's Thought Illuminates Peking

Last edited:

cir

7.8% vs 5.5% in 2012。 Move close in growth rate?

That's a 30% under-performance by India,a recurring theme for the last 20-30 years。

As for 2013,it will be 8.5% vs 6%。The 30% rule still holds。

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Dont know what planet you are from but this article says clearly:

"We are expecting recovery in the case of China from 7.9 per cent growth in 2012 to 8.4 per cent in 2013."
It is well known FACT CCP numbers are fake. The slump of investment killed profits and growth to negative. PMI, stock market, energy and transport all point to contraction.

ice berg

It is well known FACT CCP numbers are fake. The slump of investment killed profits and growth to negative. PMI, stock market, energy and transport all point to contraction.
I will take you more seriously when you can come up with numbers on your own instead of repeating the same fantasies over and over again.

The numbers are from The World Bank.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I will take you more seriously when you can come up with numbers on your own instead of repeating the same fantasies over and over again.

The numbers are from The World Bank.
The World Bank doesn't have independent numbers for China. They regurgitate state figures which in CCP case = FAKE.

ice berg

The World Bank doesn't have independent numbers for China. They regurgitate state figures which in CCP case = FAKE.
Like I said, you are free to provide us with your own numbers. so far we have only claims with no real numbers to back it up.

I am sure the real economists in World Bank and other institutions have other ways to get the numbers beside the ones provided by the CCP.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Like I said, you are free to provide us with your own numbers. so far we have only claims with no real numbers to back it up.

I am sure the real economists in World Bank and other institutions have other ways to get the numbers beside the ones provided by the CCP.
I have entire threads dedicated to China's fake numbers. I grow rather tired of your redundant requests when I have posted them a dozen times each on DFI. Quit being such a noob to the forum. You have been around long enough to see it. It has been posted enough to be considered DFI common knowledge.

Last edited:

ice berg

I have entire threads dedicated to China's fake numbers. I grow rather tired of your redundant requests when I have posted them a dozen times each on DFI. Quit being such a noob to the forum. You have been around long enough to see it. It has been posted enough to be considered DFI common knowledge.
It is not common knowledge when there is noone besides you who know it, right?

You expecting people to browser through a whole forum to looking for non-existent threads? Provide links or get lost,
how long has you been in an internet forum anyway?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It is not common knowledge when there is noone besides you who know it, right?

You expecting people to browser through a whole forum to looking for non-existent threads? Provide links or get lost,
how long has you been in an internet forum anyway?
That begs the question, how many times do I have to prove it? 3,4,5, 10 times?? All because you are too lazy to browse DFI? You can find real numbers I have posted over the entire 2012 in the China Doomsday thread. I don't have to reprove common knowledge for intellectually lazy people.

Rage

DFI TEAM
I am convinced China's growth rate has been exaggerated for at least the third quarter of 2012. My own firm and several other firms have had very compelling information of that fact. Electricity production data, rail freight and construction activity which are supposed to be less prone to political interference and are supposed to track China's export-oriented economy simply don't add up. And the funny thing is, ever since large firms like Accenture started relying heavily on indexes such as electricity data as proxies for growth, there have been indications of more political fudging in these sectors. The exaggeration, if my firm is correct, seems to be on the order of 1.5 percentage points.

Rage

DFI TEAM

China's is an economy over 4 times larger than India's。Still China grew 7.8% in 2012,India 5-5.5%
Please prove that China's economy is over "4 times that of India's". Has India remained static while China has grown?

India's GDP as of mid-2012 was close to $2 trillion. Has China's GDP surpassed $8 trillion?

Also, the latest (2012) figures indicate that China's PPP per-capita GDP is a little over 2 times that of India's. How is this possible?

ice berg

That begs the question, how many times do I have to prove it? 3,4,5, 10 times?? All because you are too lazy to browse DFI? You can find real numbers I have posted over the entire 2012 in the China Doomsday thread. I don't have to reprove common knowledge for intellectually lazy people.
Eh, how about a simple link? And no, I dont usually read stuff like Doomsday thread. It is too sensational for my taste.
I dont get along very well with people with one dimentional perspective.
Paying the price of been intellectually lazy, I guess.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles