India deploying more troops in Ladakh

Country flag
India deploying more troops in Ladakh due to threat: Farooq Abdullah - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: India is befriending China on one hand and remaining "cautious" on the other by deploying more troops in Ladakh region due to "threat" perception, having learnt lessons from the past, Union minister Farooq Abdullah said on Monday.

"We people have Army there (in Ladakh). (We have) one full division there and now we are putting another division there because we have threat from China and I don't say that outside but I am telling you because you are Indians.

"I want to tell you that in one place we are befriending China but we have also learnt a lesson from China and that is why we remain cautious as well because we had one division we will be keeping another one there," he said.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I take it Union minister is not a military person.

bose

Country flag
Good, if the news is true... better to be prepared rather than be sorry latter.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
"I want to tell you that in one place we are befriending China but we have also learnt a lesson from China and that is why we remain cautious as well because we had one division we will be keeping another one there," he said.
Good move.

Looks like MMS has succeeded in selling his trust-but-verify policy to his coffee club.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
Its good but Why this Union Minister is crying about it. Keep it low.

Talking about threat. We always had. Its being posted because its made now. I guess the Yol cantt. based Mountain Div is being posted there.

He says: I'm telling you because you are Indian.

Hello excuse me Sir, you are telling this to media.Indirectly whole world.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
The Army Chief, replying to queries on reported re-drawing of plans of a mountain strike force, and the ongoing military build-up along the China border said, "We are preparing our borders because that is our task and a Constitutional obligation (on us). The work is being done as it is an operational requirement and we are getting government support. The build-up is about capability building and not pointed at any particular nation."

The Army Chief was talking to reporters after reviewing the Passing out Parade of the 123rd course of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla.

Now this is What I called a statement.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles