India: A nation, Idea or a Myth

SPIEZ

Country flag
Who has a doubt that India isn't a nation ?

agentperry

a nation without vision, dont know fully about past, dont want to see the future, dont have the people with culture and system- self exploiting colonial setup.

Himanshu Pandey

Nice Essay. You could have said it in one line though, the foundation of Indian nationhood is the common fabric of Hinduism. Without this fabric, there would be no India.
My friend it was about India not about Hindusim and my article is true with present India too which Include a lot of other religion.

Himanshu Pandey

After 64 years we are raising a question :confused: , why not focus on developments instead ?
Ist thing i was not there at the time of independence 2nd thing I liked to share my views now.3rd it is not a question It is my View to Define India

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
That's what I said. A=B, so B=A. In any case, eastern religions are very different from Abrahamic religions, and can't be fitted in the same box. The evolution, mythology, history and teachings of Hinduism are inextricably linked with the subcontinent. Even though Hindus may live overseas, they always look towards India as the mother country, and the source of their culture, traditions and belief system.

The only other group of people whose religion attaches them to a geographical area are the Jews. However, the similarity ends there, as objectively, the Jewish religion is the most exclusivist, literalistic and violent religion on the planet whereas Hinduism is close to its polar opposite.

Explains why even though the RSS referred to Hindus and Muslims as "two nations", they were dead against the political breakup of the country.
We are not a religion--- it is a way of life. Religion is a term used for politico-ideologies that demand absolutism and conversion. Buddh, Sikh, Hindu, Jain etc Dharma are branches of a common ancient philosophy that stems from one single all-encompassing sound. Mainstream Hindus, Buddhists and Jains call it OM and Sikhs call it Onkar.

agentperry

why every thread converges to religion.is religion source of all trouble/gains in sub-continent?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Actually not.
Sikhs call it Ik Onkar, which literally means One God whose form is Om.
Ong/Om + aakaar(shape/form) = onkaar.
You said the same thing conversely what I meant.

Himanshu Pandey

there are several scholars in world who are trying to understand this unity in diversity concept of India. the concept which only become successful here and not in any other part of world. I think the reason is that we want to be united with a common idea of India and Indian and we are proud on having so much diversity in one nation.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
there are several scholars in world who are trying to understand this unity in diversity concept of India. the concept which only become successful here and not in any other part of world. I think the reason is that we want to be united with a common idea of India and Indian and we are proud on having so much diversity in one nation.
Yes - exactly my thoughts. I have mentioned before that India exists because everyone in the union wants to be part of India. The desire to be a part of the Indian union is what holds India together.

Many people do not accept this, and feel that it is sentimental and theoretical. But I think this is the real deal. :thumb:

Himanshu Pandey

Thanks for seconding me...
with more and more Indians interacting each other on daily basis by various forums (Net or Social), this feeling and its accepting is increasing

paras

I think India is India because of Hinduism. Oldest religion on earth helped our culture and tradition to flourish and to make a single entity. Tamil and Assamese might belong to different ethnical group but eventually Hinduism played a big role to unite all ethnics, Languages and states. Pakistan and Bangladesh were separated because Hindus were minority in those places. India's culture is based on Hinduism and until it continues to exist, The story of India will continue.

IMHO, India is neither Myth nor Idea but it's historically Fact since 5,000 of years. Our Culture and Dharmic faith were always rich and strong as per history and might be that is the reason Hinduism still survived after 5 centuries of Islamic Invasion. Even after 200 years of British rule, Christians still makes 2% with too much of effort. It's because India culture which is based on Hinduism and related religion. Being Hindu Nationalist means Nationalist.
Tamil or any other southIndian communities are not from different ethical group , Aryan Invasion is myth created by Max Mular. Avarage UP,Bihari ,Gujrathi , Marathi is almost equal in skin colour with average tamil,kannad,keralite,telgu "Small difference" is due to climate conditions.

south indian Brahmins are much fair than average Northindian.

Major difference in skin colour is with Panjab , Hariyana,kashmir region, its due mixing of different nonindian tribes in last 2000 years these are the border parts of india and attacked by many nonindian "White" skin people which get mixed with that perticular part of india. In Other all parts of India skin colour is Almost same with small climatic difference

Global Defence

New threads

Articles