Immigrants to UK will be told it is a `Christian country`

parijataka

Country flag
Agree with balai and karthik - India is a Dharmic civilisation just as US calls itself Judeo Christian. Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism etc all separate but similar in their ethos.

parijataka

Country flag
the two Things you name here namely

Property (i m not very sure what u mean by this )
Spiritual Path

Apply to all religions .....
care to show me how Dharma is exclusive to Hinduism ??

I dont know what to say ..... medieval History is full of Bloody Conflicts between Shaivas and Vaishnavas ....

even in contemporary India ....You only need to visit Kumbh mela for yourself once ...where all the
Akhadas meet each other ...and Skirmishes that follow over ...who has more right, authority ...and whose views are more correct ...etc etc
No dharma or sect in India separates humanity into believers and non-believers - that holds true for Shaivas, Vaishnavas, etc and Hinduism/Sikhism/Jainism/Buddhism etc.

pmaitra

Here is the English Flag.

It IS a Christian country, with St. George's Cross.

If I am not mistaken, the same thing goes for Scottish Flag.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Dharma is supposed to be an all encompassing thought ......
So i wonder why this all encompassing thought cannot encompass these Abrahmical thoughts as it did with every thing else
e.g Budhdha's teachings ...which were on many counts in direct contrast to existing Brahiminical teachings ....but later they were assimilated too

so why this strange resistance to Abrahamiac thought ......
Why does it fail in its all All encompassing ability here ....
There is a difference between Gandhiji's version of Hinduism and Lord Krishna's version of Hinduism --

Gandhiji believed in showing your other cheek if you are slapped, but Lord Krishna said remove the hand that slapped you unjustly.

I believe in Lord Krishna's version...

Resistance to Abrahamaic thoughts is because they are incompatible with the ethos of this land -- they will remain an oil droplet in water, but never sugar in water. They are exclusivist in nature and differentiate people into believers and unbelievers -- again a trait that is unknown to this land.

I can go on,,but hope you got the jist.

Mere speculations ...we cannot limit our identity on mere speculations
Not speculations,,but common sense...we survived as a nation before the Abrahamaics came and would have survived even if they did not -- they dont matter from the civilizational point of view...

Nagraj

^^^ dude i agree islamists deserve most blame for rise of this neo nazi
but trust me brtishers and -----s see no diff btw paki and indians.
not good for us.
this will only polarize india further if ever this shit hits the fan.

Oracle

not good for us.
This is true. If it affected only Pakis, I would have probably gone out and celebrated. But it will affect all South Asians.

Nagraj

our only escape is to make india strong both economically and militarily.
This is true. If it affected only Pakis, I would have probably gone out and celebrated. But it will affect all South Asians.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
people who work hard for food and luxury .
common man who benefit the most by open society.
Actually, people working hard wont be the ones affected by the Far right parties but the lazy turds who will be affected most ;)

not good for us.
Oh come on. Let them enjoy their heavenly union and let it spill over here too. atleast then we Indians will realise with our dunce heads regarding the dangers of Islamists. Because as a lazy non sapient nation, we dont realise something is wrong till shit hits the fan:sad:

Koovie

How is this related to Indian affairs???????? change the section

Oracle

Actually, people working hard wont be the ones affected by the Far right parties but the lazy turds who will be affected most ;)
When a Brit calls a person of South Asian origin a Paki, he does not know if that guy really is from Pakistan. Happened with me.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Technically, Britain was never a secular country, since the King/Queen of England, who is the Head of State, is also the head of the Church of England. But again, that is simply a technicality, as effective political power today is held not by the monarch but by Parliament.

Well done --

One must not be ashamed of his identity --
Disagree, the British should kill themselves in self-loathing.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
A good step by UK !! at least they are aware enough to protect their identity from the invading religions, I wonder if Indian "sickular" leaders have guts to do the same to protect our Dharmic identity !!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well as usual it's all discussion is moving towards Muslim migration. What people here should also note that it talks about any immigrant and does not necessarily be a Muslim.

parijataka

Country flag
/\/\/\

Agree, but what might be triggering this is probably the behaviour of Pakistani and Somali immigrants.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
/\/\/\

Agree, but what might be triggering this is probably the behaviour of Pakistani and Somali immigrants.
Easy way to prevent that is not allow them in rather than broadly paint the rest of the world IF that is the reason for this move. We have seen the Brits not call a spade a spade when it comes to Pakistan.

May be it is an honest effort by the Brits to teach the culture and history of their nation to new migrants. I certainly don't find it wrong in them asking the immigrants to learn the national anthem as well.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is just a backlash just because there is too much of showcasing of Islam in the UK, justifying terrorism as a matter of Islamic Faith, demanding even the Sharia be applied and all the customs and then doing what would cause anger, raping their women and saying that it the fault of the women for being provocative in attire!

This is obvious since the degradation of being British had commenced long back and nothing was being done inspite of such racists as Enoch Powell.

In the overall context, this is most unfortunate.

Pakistanis, who are almost animals, are responsible for all this mess!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles