IAF's top secret file found on road

JBH22

I love my India

YEH mera India corrupt India

Last edited by a moderator:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

A secret file related to over $11 billion deal for procuring 126 multirole combat aircraft went missing from the Defence Ministry and has been found on the roadside in New Delhi, prompting the Indian Air Force to order a probe into the incident. The secret files are related to the Offsets clause in the deal and were found on the roadside in a Delhi locality recently, IAF officials said here, adding that the file has been recovered.
"The IAF has ordered a CoI into the loss of the secret file which went missing from the Defence Ministry. The Ministry will order a separate probe into the incident as the file had gone missing from there," Air Vice Marshal M Matheswaran, Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Operations) said in New Delhi.

The incident comes at a time when the multi-billion dollar deal has entered the critical stage after the IAF carried out extensive flight evaluation trials of the six participating aircraft.

The IAF had submitted its report to the Defence Ministry, which has to take a final call on the deal.

He said the IAF had ordered the probe under a senior official to find out how the file had gone missing from the Ministry as it belonged to the air force.

"The secret file has been recovered and it is in our custody," he added.

However, it was not clear as to how and who recovered the file.

Under the Offsets clause in the defence production procedure, a foreign vendor bagging any deal worth over Rs 300 crore has to invest back at least 30 per cent of the contract's worth back in Indian defence sector.

Under the M-MRCA deal, the offsets were pegged at 50 per cent of the worth of the deal.

American F-16 and F/A-18, French Rafale, Swedish Gripen, Russian MiG 35 and European Eurofighter are the six contenders participating the deal for supplying the aircraft to the IAF

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Secret-IAF-file-found-on-roadside-in-New-Delhi/Article1-645073.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
so lets talk about what data might have been compromised, how would this incident will effect MRCA tender and most importantly, who is the mofo who tried to sell our country?
why would somebody throw the stolen file in a street to be found again?

file, went missing from the office of "defense ministry". is this another corruption scam of congress?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
This shows the dedication of the present INDIAN GOVERNMENT. What the hell is going on? They can't even safegaurd an important file of the defence ministry.........

Why are these people still cheatig the public.............
:angry_1::angry_10::angry_7::emot154:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
by the way congress is ruling India with people like ex-Italian bar girl: sonia gandhi, Mr Clean: Manmohan Singh, and god of the corruptions like A.Raja, i think India will soon itself be found on roadside.

SpArK

SORCERER
I should watch out the papers lying in the roads from now on.. Could be an IAF deal paper.. who knows !!!!:happy_7:

ganesh177

Country flag
PM in another thread said, aao naye saal mein nayi shuruwat karein.

hmmm good start, Sir !

BunBunCake

Yes,

In india, new year begins with corruption
lol man.

Why haven't these reports been leaked to the internet yet! One would assume by now ISI, Pakistan, (5 vendors..) etc etc would have gotten access to it. Does it say who's the winner? :D I don't want to wait another year to find out.

sky

It also happen's here in the uk as well ,you often here about laptop's left in train's with sensitive government information on them. But with corruption in india this much more dangerous if, it were delivered to one of the countries in the bidding for these 126 jet's.

The inquiry need's to be carried out by an independent non military person to find out the lapse in security then recommendation's to prevent it happening again. The new guide lines could be adopted by other government agencies as well.

Finally the report need's to be made public to show theres been no cover up,this could prove to be tricky because of the national security element .

icecoolben

well IAS or whomsoever, through out the papers is kind of a desi version of julian assange isn't he?

This is wikileaks Indian style.

I got a paper of the report which that night watchman used to hold potato chips and having quarter brandy,

More details concerning the Boeing/Raytheon Super Hornet offer appear in India's press. According to Boeing's F-18 programme manager for India Mike Rietz, Boeing's offset program involves a 4-phase effort.

* Phase 0 supplies 18 fully assembled Block II Super Hornets.
* Phase 1 and 2 will deliver 54 aircraft as partial assemblies , and would begin within 54 months of the contract's start date.
* Phase 1 supplies 1,800 parts and 300 tools for assembly by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. in India.
* Phase 2 supplies HAL with 17,000 parts and over 1,000 tools for assembly.
* The final 54 aircraft of Phase 3 would have the entire range of the airframe's 30,000 parts built in India, with the last aircraft delivered by 2020.

but don't get too excited its dated 5may2008

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/mirage-2000s-withdrawn-as-indias-mrca-fighter-competition-changes-01989/

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
^^^ First let him try to gauge whether SH won or not..LOL. I really pray that SH doesn't win. The last thing we'd want is a dying superpower making us run errands by controlling 1/4th of our fighter fleet.

Minghegy

Read this
over $11 billion deal for procuring 126 multirole combat aircraft
American F-16 and F/A-18, French Rafale, Swedish Gripen, Russian MiG 35 and European Eurofighter are the six contenders participating the deal for supplying the aircraft to the IAF.
I guess this event was advisedly shown to Russian and others, it's good for asking the Russian to cut the prices of something, for others it says "we may give you big cake, come to here".

Last edited:

icecoolben

Of all the manufacturers, Boeing and SAAB are also involved in civilian industry, they have a tendency to meet program costs and operate with better efficiency. So I would take Boeing proposal as standard.

Boeing especially employs lean manufacturing and other inventory management methoda. They even made an audit of HAL to certify it with TPM etc. So if u want a cost effective non-escalating deal. U got to go with Boeing. How else can u explain 10% less cost for the last order of Super Hornets by US navy?

Anyway, this leak if it serves to scrap the deal, I'll be happier for Tejas.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles