Have to neutralise terrorists using terrorists, says Defence Minister Parrikar

MananNarainSharma

You need to learn basic vocabulary to comment on functioning of intelligence agencies. I am tagging in one good poster @Rage to make this discussion more elaborate.

It is not always, like ISI who think violent confrontations (like you have been doing in Kashmir and many parts of India like 26/11) are the only way to safe guard national interest and security.Rather what ISI has been doing is sign of a failing state who in desperation trying to inflict maximum damage.

It is ISI who has made us invent definitions like unconventional/asymmetrical war imposed on us. Pakistan has been punching above its weight and India is just enduring it because of many known and unknown reason (a separate discussion).

The prevailing peace in POK is good example for Pakistanis to appreciate that if allegedly India can create disturbances in different parts of Pakistan so effectively using very Pakistani resources then making POK burn would have been rather easier given our proximity to the region.

Ordinary poster like me have already started decoding Pakistani signals that for sake of better connectivity with rest of the world and better FDI environment you people have started pretending victim in one voice. Otherwise you guys were quite bravado and confident about fixing India on your own terms i.e. using your super ISI.

The same way Pakistan has now realized (unfortunately at the cost losing so many lives including school children) how important Afghanistan is for you to address the insurgencies regardless killing thousands of your own civilians using very thing including Air force.

The same way you have to get India into your confidence or you will be still fooling around bombing mud homes and living in a misconception that every thing will be fine after this and that operation.

In the history of Modern warfare it is a proven fact that if big countries like India start investing in violence through proxies; such insurgencies can be sustained for many years and even decades.

I am afraid when Pakistan will find its lost conscience back and start seeing how living in co-existence is quintessential it will be too late. Look at the title of this thread like @Yusuf said Pakistanis could have never even thought that their will a Hindu baniya leaders (like you guys say) exploding like that.

Don't wait for 'chickens come home to roost'

Regards.
Top post mate. Only disagree slightly with one point, I don't think ISI policy towards Afghanistan has changed they still see it as their backyard and stratergic depth. Having said that there is news out today about. A secret taliban and afghan govt meeting in China and Pakistan has called for Taliban to end their summer offensive but I will take that with a pinch of salt. Happy to be proven wrong though.

MananNarainSharma

Not a very smart statement to make. And we have been doing this for decades : Ikhwan....
Only the BLA and that too ermm negligible compared to what ISI spends. And yes we know you seem to have a pathological hate for all things BJP but can we all be united in matters of national security for heavens sake,

anupamsurey

Country flag
It's wrong... we should use a SWORD to silence Knife.
we should also grease the sword in lard.:rotfl:

i heard that when remains of st. mark were being smuggled to venice from egypt, the christians loaded their boats with pork, the on guard islamic soldiers ran away with fears. read venetian betrayal, by steve berry.

avknight1408

Country flag
Every major country will use any means to tackle terrorists. Pak can shout from rooftops without proof no one will even listen to them. Pak will never have proof of an indian kasab. It'll be their citizens who blow themselves up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles