Have to neutralise terrorists using terrorists, says Defence Minister Parrikar

Kashif

We will not sending our men into your land just like u do .

We need not to do that but If you will try to create situation in our country we can also use offensive tactics like supporting all the groups working against Pakistan.

This is what MP meant.

When it comes to terrorism India does not support it but not at the cost of risking National security.

Time to taste ur own medicine but more bitter than ever
I said it is not new, India is doing it from years, read RK Yadav's book. And btw everyone has to taste their medicine, India better be ready to taste its own.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Pakis will go bonkers. He refused to divulge more details so it leaves it open to interpretation in any manner.
Yes. It is called kante se kante nikalna. Now the Pakis and its illegitimate children like Hafeez Saeed will be seeing ghosts in every shadow and will be killing their own people on slightest doubt. Master stroke!!!

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Any idea on what he meant when he said "we need to cut flab in our forces"...
The army bureaucracy like any other bureaucracy accumulates personnel, both civilian and military, for other works than war-preparedness. The older the system, the entrenched the sense of privilege among the officers grow and more and more personnel are inducted for attending them. Also, like any bureaucracy I guess armed forces are also slow to catch up on modern system which lessen need of manpower in less vital areas, like in clerical work to other works. This is the flab which needs to be cut as these extra personnel draw not only salary but also other facilities which just adds on to the financial burden.

Khagesh

Should not have said it openly................................................................................
Arre bhai, kab tak dar ke rahna hai.

All across the world that is how terrorists are dealt with. Why should it be different in India. If some idiots in Media think this masala then I agree. I love masala.

The real thing to wonder is Parrikars saying:
"It's downsizing of the plan (the 90,000 soldiers strong formation was to be raised at a cost of Rs 64,678 crore over seven years), not the MSC itself. The previous UPA government arbitrarily approved it without any allocation of funds or proper planning," he said.

"I have put a temporary stop (to the MSC)... it does not mean permanent. The 37,000 troops already inducted need proper infrastructure, arms and equipment, which are currently being drawn from our reserves since the previous government made no arrangements," he said.
Sounds like military version of the promise of 15 lac CCTV cameras and adhe daam ki bijli, muft pani. Nahi kya? :D

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Arre bhai, kab tak dar ke rahna hai.

All across the world that is how terrorists are dealt with. Why should it be different in India. If some idiots in Media think this masala then I agree. I love masala.

The real thing to wonder is Parrikars saying:

Sounds like military version of the promise of 15 lac CCTV cameras and adhe daam ki bijli, muft pani. Nahi kya? :D
Bhai I know.....but our country is full of retards like prashant bhushan who say .... terrorist ko goli mat maro and kashmir me referendum kara lo
For them life of a solder <<<<<<<<<<<< life of anti-nationals.
Better to just eliminate them and put them in unmarked graves,

blueblood

I don't mean that, funding BLA/BRA and TTP to create situations in Pak, Doval presented that theme in his speech which is available on internet, same method is being applied by Indian NSA and now parrikar's statememt is an evidence that it is actually happening.
What Ajit Doval said was India should have defensive offense as a strategy which implied that India is defensive in it's approach.

There are 193 member nations in UN, how many of them agree that India is behind those acts? How many times a nation head has said something like this? :

Pakistan must not be allowed to promote export of terror, says David Cameron

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/28/pakistan-promote-terror-david-cameron

Again, what Parrikar said is what we are supposed to do instead of what we are doing right now.

If tomorrow India says that it will nuke Pak it does not mean India has been nuking Pak for decades. Learn the difference.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
I said it is not new, India is doing it from years, read RK Yadav's book. And btw everyone has to taste their medicine, India better be ready to taste its own.
I will not get into who started it who did not...
There will always be a response.

We have been living with it for far too long.

Remember that RAW is not that openly supported as ur ISI is but the new govt is taken a new path.

Till now the govt is in appeasement mode but this is changing.

Last time entire INDIA was forced to get involved into your affairs there was BANGLADESH...
It can be BALOCHISTAN this time....

So if you keep a check on what you are doing in J&K and POK and stop terrorism there will be no reaction from our side either.

blueblood

@Kashif

This was guy in charge of RAW for 10 years. Please tell me you can see the bloodlust in his eyes.:scared1:

It was just him, no one else. He could barely speak as is. Ordering RAW to do something inside Pak was way out of his league. He wasn't even a politician.

Kashif

@Kashif

This was guy in charge of RAW for 10 years. Please tell me you can see the bloodlust in his eyes.:scared1:

It was just him, no one else. He could barely speak as is. Ordering RAW to do something inside Pak was way out of his league. He wasn't even a politician.

Ah....! Are you telling me RAW was sleeping during his ten years or rule?

TejasMK3

Country flag
I wonder if actually he said it, the newspapers that this are reporting this: IE, DNA, Huffpost and Firstpost. All papers are known to twist statements and give a U.S/Paki perspective of things(like during terror boat), which in turn then gives them ammunition to go on and use it as "proof from the other side".

I do agree with the asymmetric warfare strategy outlined in some talks by Ajit Doval, but that is the spooks job, to be done quietly. :)

brational

Country flag
India is not a security state like Pakistan where Army and Intelligence agencies run the government. In India, R&AW activities to a great extent depend on the political leadership in Center because you can not initiate a foreign project without Govt's nod(not on the basis of Whims and fancies of Jernails). It is obvious that R&AW's activities during MMS era were less active if not sleeping.
Pakistan should be happy that they have taught Indians well on how to utilize the internal unrest of another country. This is one factor every Pakistani must feel proud. Now they are getting the same treatment that they had extended to India.
Ab Maza aa raha hain? Kashmir Banega Bakistan! Khalistan Banega Bakistan! What about Balochistan Banega Azad Balochistan?

Abhijat

Country flag
Here is something interesting "facts" about Mr. Doval asymmetric warfare :

In 1990, 1996: Doval before his retirement had spent six years in Indian High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan. He went to Kashmirin 1990 and persuaded militants (like Kuka Parray) to become counter-insurgents targeting hardline anti-India terrorists.[6] This set the way for state elections in Jammu and Kashmir in 1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajit_Doval

TejasMK3

Country flag
Butthurt, ever since the elections got over, and their boy rahul didnt win. This guy (and another journo from economist, closely related to evangelicals ) defended evagelical conversions , while slamming Ghar wapasi.

Yeah only they can do covert ops, and fund Al Qaeda, and protect guys like David headley. etc :lol:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Watch this and one can make out what is being said officially, even by the Defence Minister

sorcerer

Country flag
:D
Now Pakis wont trust their own terrorists..:rofl:

Pop goes the weasel!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
You need to learn basic vocabulary to comment on functioning of intelligence agencies. I am tagging in one good poster @Rage to make this discussion more elaborate.

It is not always, like ISI who think violent confrontations (like you have been doing in Kashmir and many parts of India like 26/11) are the only way to safe guard national interest and security.Rather what ISI has been doing is sign of a failing state who in desperation trying to inflict maximum damage.

It is ISI who has made us invent definitions like unconventional/asymmetrical war imposed on us. Pakistan has been punching above its weight and India is just enduring it because of many known and unknown reason (a separate discussion).

The prevailing peace in POK is good example for Pakistanis to appreciate that if allegedly India can create disturbances in different parts of Pakistan so effectively using very Pakistani resources then making POK burn would have been rather easier given our proximity to the region.

Ordinary poster like me have already started decoding Pakistani signals that for sake of better connectivity with rest of the world and better FDI environment you people have started pretending victim in one voice. Otherwise you guys were quite bravado and confident about fixing India on your own terms i.e. using your super ISI.

The same way Pakistan has now realized (unfortunately at the cost losing so many lives including school children) how important Afghanistan is for you to address the insurgencies regardless killing thousands of your own civilians using very thing including Air force.

The same way you have to get India into your confidence or you will be still fooling around bombing mud homes and living in a misconception that every thing will be fine after this and that operation.

In the history of Modern warfare it is a proven fact that if big countries like India start investing in violence through proxies; such insurgencies can be sustained for many years and even decades.

I am afraid when Pakistan will find its lost conscience back and start seeing how living in co-existence is quintessential it will be too late. Look at the title of this thread like @Yusuf said Pakistanis could have never even thought that their will a Hindu baniya leaders (like you guys say) exploding like that.

Don't wait for 'chickens come home to roost'

Regards.

sorcerer

Country flag
Butthurt, ever since the elections got over, and their boy rahul didnt win. This guy (and another journo from economist, closely related to evangelicals ) defended evagelical conversions , while slamming Ghar wapasi.

Yeah only they can do covert ops, and fund Al Qaeda, and protect guys like David headley. etc :lol:
Funny these Journo retards are .. :D
HOw can he call himself a journo if he dont understand the state of affairs.
Every agency in the world uses all means to protect its national interests.
The new Indian establishment is vocal about its intentions-Kinda like a warning shot. Straight and simple. No confusion in dealing with Pakistan misadventures. :D

I liked the way it panned out. Pak is all hyped about RAW for the past few weeks.. This statement by Pariikar will surely be taken in this light by the Pak establishment.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles