Fueled by immigration, Hinduism becomes fourth-largest faith in US

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivekShah

You should reply to this question. If you care to get all burned up over it then why can't you define it yourself. ?

have no patience to see the opposite sides' views. A good debator is one who looks at the other sides' views and responses back in his terms. You seem obviously incapable of that. And dharma which is the basis of Hinduism is not the same as religion.
Why should I debate with you if you are too arrogant to see the other side's viewpoint. Its a practice in futility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I just posted a link from the Pew Forum, it said if cultural Jews are counted the number of Jews is much higher, the numbers of Jews are holding their own after so many generations while Hindus get digested within one generation. The statistics tell the story.
Number wise even hindus are going up. But demography is all about percentage!

Next time someone will come up with cultural Hindu term. You are just shifting goalposts all the time. I am done with this debate.

VivekShah

Number wise even hindus are going up. But demography is all about percentage!

Next time someone will come up with cultural Hindu term. You are just shifting goalposts all the time. I am done with this debate.
Of course when you know you have nothing better to argue you say the debate is over. Typical. My whole point is Hindus get digested quite easily, and Jews most resistant.

Rashna

Country flag
I am asking you the single most relevant question which will bring clarity to this matter. Did I say anything to u that was off topic. I am not even on the other side. I am a Hindu too. What I want to know is what version of hinduism you are dreaming of ensconced in india.

Why should I debate with you if you are too arrogant to see the other side's viewpoint. Its a practice in futility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Of course when you know you have nothing better to argue you say the debate is over. Typical. My whole point is Hindus get digested quite easily, and Jews most resistant.
If you say above, it can be believed a bit because Hindus get digested is true. You could not prove Jews are most resistant.

Everything in case of Jews looks inflated because they are so few in number. Also, given their small number it also gives them some incentive to be resistant.

Rashna

Country flag
sarva dharma sambhav is in our constitution which in simple terms means secularism.so in principle we are secular.do we all follow it in its true spirit is all I asked.
It has nothing to do with what I posted. And personal anecdotes and practices do not count for debate.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
sarva dharma sambhav is in our constitution which in simple terms means secularism.so in principle we are secular.do we all follow it in its true spirit is all I asked.
Were we talking about constitution?

We were debating difference between different religious philosophies and how Hindus are so malleable and effeminate.

VivekShah

If you say above, it can be believed a bit because Hindus get digested is true. You could not prove Jews are most resistant.

Everything in case of Jews looks inflated because they are so few in number. Also, given their small number it also gives them some incentive to be resistant.
After so many years of negligible Jewish immigration, Jews are thriving and many more are culturally Jews. Can you see the same scenario for Hindus? That was why my argument was, that Jews have been living in over 2000 years in civilizations that tried to digest them and they resisted that by highltighting our differences. Hindus on the other hand try to minimize or exclude the differences with Abrahamics and get digested in the process. Hari OM!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
After so many years of negligible Jewish immigration, Jews are thriving and many more are culturally Jews. Can you see the same scenario for Hindus? That was why my argument was, that Jews have been living in over 2000 years in civilizations that tried to digest them and they resisted that by highltighting our differences. Hindus on the other hand try to minimize or exclude the differences with Abrahamics and get digested in the process. Hari OM!
You would not have said so in 1940s! Anyway.

Rashna

Country flag
Why are you so much like a horse with tunnel vision. I am telling you that sarva dharma sambhav is nothing but secularism which is enshrined in our constitution. We may be discussing why Jews manage to convert others and have grown to epic proportions because of this alleged smartness. Btw what's the jew population as a percentage of world's religious demographics? Do ask Dr.Naik.
Now your understanding of hinduism means that we should do away with sarva dharma sambhav?

Were we talking about constitution?

We were debating difference between different religious philosophies and how Hindus are so malleable and effeminate.

VivekShah

Why are you so much like a horse with tunnel vision. I am telling you that sarva dharma sambhav is nothing but secularism which is enshrined in our constitution. We may be discussing why Jews manage to convert others and have grown to epic proportions because of this alleged smartness. Btw what's the jew population as a percentage of world's religious demographics? Do ask Dr.Naik.
Now your understanding of hinduism means that we should do away with sarva dharma sambhav?
Secularism in India is inherently anti-Hindu and sarva dharma sambhav has no basis in any Hindu scriptures? So what you are saying is to distort our dharma so others will find us more tolerable. Bingo people like you are really the reason why Hindus are doomed to extinction

Rashna

Country flag
when did I say that. So far I am only telling it like it is. Lol.
Secularism in India is inherently anti-Hindu and sarva dharma sambhav has no basis in any Hindu scriptures? So what you are saying is to distort our dharma so others will find us more tolerable. Bingo people like you are really the reason why Hindus are doomed to extinction

Country flag
And I bet in all those marriages, the Hindus converted to _____ or ______
Most of the time Hindus accept partners faith. But I have also seen
Partner participate in ceremonies even if they did not convert.
Hinduism has never had a history of conversions .

Country flag
Well Hindu men in general are f*ggots ... weak and pathetic ... this weakness is perpetuated by their parents in the name of "non violance" and "Hinduism is a way of life."
Non violence had never been a central theme of Hinduism until Gandhi
Brainwashed the masses. I can't think of too many other religions with a
More violent history than Hindus. Usually violence was against other Hindus
Or they had to bear violence from outside aggression.

Jatt.Hindustan

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Rashna Secularism is just the Christian version of Sufi Islam.

You are against varnasharam dharam, and many other central tenents of Hindu Dharam.

When you admit to being a feminist, you admit to being a Christian.

Hindus are easily digested, because

Jews are also part of the abrahamic civilization. Habe Sikhs, Budhs or Jains been digested in Bharat?

No, because same civilization or culture.

Jews can also be jewish through the mother, and many practice cousin marriage; no gotra system to maintain.

If you guys want to discuss these issues, it's best to ignore Christians like @Rashna or the Muslims..

VivekShah

Most of the time Hindus accept partners faith. But I have also seen
Partner participate in ceremonies even if they did not convert.
Hinduism has never had a history of conversions .
You are wrong sir if you believe Hindus don't have history of conversions. Partner probably participates in rituals because they think it is exotic and cool. Most Hindus from US sellouts though not as bad as UK Hindus who have written down in paper that they are ready to die for Queen against India

Country flag
You are wrong sir if you believe Hindus don't have history of conversions. Partner probably participates in rituals because they think it is exotic and cool. Most Hindus from US sellouts though not as bad as UK Hindus who have written down in paper that they are ready to die for Queen against India
You misunderstood what I wrote . I have not seen outsiders converted to Hinduism
but I have seen many Hindus leave the religion or become atheist.Maybe it is more
common in Hindus who have left india? the real sellouts are The fobs a
As someone called them leaving india might be bigger sell outs?not so much the second or third
Generation indian born outside of india who have no clue about india or Hinduism or even Sikhism because parents were immigrants struggling to make a life in a new country working two jobs etc..?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles